Top 5 NCAA Football Coaches

Why Herman? What has Herman done that Richt hasnt? Not that i think Richt is a top five coach?

Advertisement
Herman has too brief of a resume to put him in the top 5 right now. And why do people still view Stoops as a top 5 coach? He pretty clearly isn't the coach he was a decade ago.

Herman has been a head coach for a yr and 3 games. He plays in a **** conference and people want to make him one of th best coaches. Not yet!!! Let him coach for at least five year before we crown the guy.

Herman has been a head coach for a yr and 3 games. He plays in a **** conference and people want to make him one of th best coaches. Not yet!!! Let him coach for at least five year before we crown the guy.

My thoughts exactly.

Advertisement
You make a valid point about the tenure of Herman the question was asked as though (and someone called me out on "wheres the lists from ESPN I have to search online) "What coach would you take right now to lead your team?" Not necessarily based on tenure per se but then you can go back and say "What has Stoops done" people forget he was in the playoff last year won 80% of his games and has a Nat Title (2000). notice again Ohio State's offense last year sucked yet they pretty much brought everyone back except Herman. Again Herman put 550 yds on the Nicktator in The Sugar semifinal game. Hasn't happened since and not sure if you will see that again. Whatever Herman is doing it works and fast! Even Saban lost to La Monroe his first year at home. Herman if not for that 1 loss would have been in the conversation for the playoff.

Saban and Meyer are heads and shoulders above the rest even though I hate both! I still would pick them if I am the AD. Harbaugh I guess belongs then in that Top 5 as I was not giving him enough credit as The Stanford coach and only had a year at Mich. Hard to find someone who would not choose Tom Herman the dude is a juggernaut. I don't think he inherited a lot with The Cougars and still trashed Jimbo and FSU.

Harbaugh may have inherited less but we are talking Mich and Houston here! Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh, Herman and Petrino would be my revised list with (no necessary order) Jimbo, Dabo, Richt, Dantonio, Stoops and Patterson. What Gary Patterson has been able to accomplish at TCU is amazing! Not too many savages going to TCU and he is still right there except a few down years to reload.

I am an old school Cane Fan back in the day App State we wouldn't even be discussing this game but would already be getting innThe Seminhole's heads! We are talking about a renegade bunch of savages that would come to your stadium, own it, steal your women then after kicking your d*ck in the dirt they would wear the Appl State hat in the locker room!

I hope we get back to those days but the game is different now. The 2001 team wasn't nearly as flashy they would just rip your heart out so I will take that type of team again anyday!

if we are talking pure coaching its Saban and Harbaugh at the top. Meyer is 3rd, and arguably 2nd because he's a better recruiter than Jim. These 3 are clearly at the top tier elite of college football coaching, but I really don't see Harbaugh staying in college for too long, dude will win a natty then probably try for another shot at a SB.

The second tier has guys are (not necessarily in this order) Dantonio, Dabo, Jimbo, Petrino, Herman, Bill Snyder, Gary Patterson, Richt, and Stoops.

Meyer has three NC rings, Harbaugh zero. How can you say Harbaugh is better?

1. Saban
2. Meyer
3. Harbaugh

4-10. Pick 'em

Advertisement
LOLOL at having Rickt in the OPs top 6. Not even close.

Saban, Harbaugh, Meyer
Petersen, Petrino, Dantonio
Jimbo, Malzan, Stoops
Herman, Shaw, Paul Chryst, Fedora

All coaches who have won more than Rickt over the last few seasons. Guy was fired for a reason folks!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back