Top 40 High Schools that Produced the Most NFL Talent

SFbayCane

All American

Boring slide show that lists the top 40 high schools based on how many people they've put in the NFL throughout its history. They do not provide a complete list of athletes by school. Kind of a ********* list but it IS the offseason. lol

Advertisement

Boring slide show that lists the top 40 high schools based on how many people they've put in the NFL throughout its history. They do not provide a complete list of athletes by school. Kind of a ********* list but it IS the offseason. lol

That's a good summary. Especially when kids transfer so often now, I can't see that it matters. I guess from the athlete's perspective you can assume that if a certain HS will take you then you have a decent shot at the NFL. Or something.

That's a good summary. Especially when kids transfer so often now, I can't see that it matters. I guess from the athlete's perspective you can assume that if a certain HS will take you then you have a decent shot at the NFL. Or something.

I don't much stock in this list as its an all-time list. A handful of the schools listed haven't put anyone in the NFL in decades but had a bunch of them in the 50's - 60's.

But again, its the offseason. I'd rather review this list than argue about setting a screen on Trevor Lawrence in a campus pick up game. lol

I don't much stock in this list as its an all-time list. A handful of the schools listed haven't put anyone in the NFL in decades but had a bunch of them in the 50's - 60's.

But again, its the offseason. I'd rather review this list than argue about setting a screen on Trevor Lawrence in a campus pick up game. lol

No doubt this is an above average off-season thread.

It got me thinking about who gets credit for a kid's success.

Even with shtty coaching we've had a good number of Miami guys go to the NFL over the last 10 years. So I guess that's about good recruiting? Because we've seen lots of guys look ok at Miami then get much better in the league, so we know it's not college coaching that lead to their success. Do we just happen to get guys who can perform in the league even though they don't always show it in college?

My guess is that playing at Miami gives you good exposure and we get a lot of guys with decent measurables. That combination lets scouts see beyond on-field performance and decide to take a chance on Miami guys. Plus past experience should have taught GMs that Miami guys work out more often than average.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back