Top 4 coaches for the U

Advertisement
I get it! I don't see Cristobal slow offense n time management, but one he'll of recruiter!!
— Mario Cristobal’s late-game management surfaces again
Oregon isn’t completely dead when it comes to making the College Football Playoff and the committee will surely be forgiving of that Stanford loss considering the Ducks were without their offensive coordinator, starting center plus their star running back for a key stretch. But it was how UO lost that once again calls into question Cristobal’s game management skills in a close fourth quarter. His team led by a touchdown with seven minutes to go and lost to a team that was far less talented despite chance after chance. Fans in green and yellow will cry bloody murder about the bad officiating (it certainly was) but Oregon never should have been in the position to give up three drive-extending penalties to the Cardinal on their march to the end zone to force OT.

Yet they were and once again Cristobal is coming under fire for the way he’s closed out games. The Ducks gave up 22 points in the final quarter to Oregon State and were scoreless in the second half against Cal in losses last year. The year prior they blew a 21-6 lead against Auburn. In the head coach’s first big test, they blew a big lead and eventually lost at home in OT to Stanford on national TV. Not the best of looks for somebody who has recruited like a mad man but has not squared away a few things on the field when things get tight.

— Mario Cristobal’s late-game management surfaces again
Oregon isn’t completely dead when it comes to making the College Football Playoff and the committee will surely be forgiving of that Stanford loss considering the Ducks were without their offensive coordinator, starting center plus their star running back for a key stretch. But it was how UO lost that once again calls into question Cristobal’s game management skills in a close fourth quarter. His team led by a touchdown with seven minutes to go and lost to a team that was far less talented despite chance after chance. Fans in green and yellow will cry bloody murder about the bad officiating (it certainly was) but Oregon never should have been in the position to give up three drive-extending penalties to the Cardinal on their march to the end zone to force OT.

Yet they were and once again Cristobal is coming under fire for the way he’s closed out games. The Ducks gave up 22 points in the final quarter to Oregon State and were scoreless in the second half against Cal in losses last year. The year prior they blew a 21-6 lead against Auburn. In the head coach’s first big test, they blew a big lead and eventually lost at home in OT to Stanford on national TV. Not the best of looks for somebody who has recruited like a mad man but has not squared away a few things on the field when things get tight.
I just don't wanna see a slow n pro offense anymore!! I believe he would get the oline fixed n recruiting would be great!!

Advertisement
He would be a clear upgrade over Diaz, but he's not end all, be all. That said, I take him in a heart beat. This may help our cause.
My thoughts on Mario,

He’s won a good amount of big games (Rose Bowl ; at Ohio st) but for whatever reason finds a way to lose at least one game each year to a vastly less talented team. Besides Bama that happens to a lot of top 5 teams every year, and consistently happens in the NFL. So I don’t hold that as a huge negative, especially compared to Miami’s track record over the past 20yrs

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, his experience under Saban and his ability to build out a strong staff at Oregon are all I need to see to make me say sign him up

Who knows if he comes to Miami, but the number of better options are extremely small

Freeze’s recruiting was helped by numerous NCAA violations. Academic violations. Ended with probation, show cause penalties, and vacated wins.

Those violations wont matter anymore with the NIL. Don't need to worry about paying players under the table now.

My top 4.

1. Joe Brady-Is the best offensive mind on the market. Not sure if he would come back to college. Doesn't have the HC experience but if you bring in one or two assistants that have that experience to lean on (Like his old boss in LSU who is on the hot seat) then that would put my worries away.

2. Hugh Freeze- Don't care about his violations, most of those don't matter now with NIL. Dude runs a great offense and has proven he can coach by building up Ole Miss and making Liberty a top 25 team the past 2 years. Will have all the hookers and blow for his liking in Miami, will just need to buy a burner phone.
3. Jamey Chadwell Coastal Carolina - Runs an interesting offense with a mix of option runs out of the spread and multiple RPO looks. Uses multiple RBs and WRs. Has won everywhere he has been. Only issue is no P5 experience but like Brady if they bring in the right assistants I wont be that worried about it.

4. Lane Kiffin- Ole Miss is 3rd in t he country in total offense even after the beatdown by Bama. Has shown he can recruit top talent and put up numbers on the field. I'm a fan of his IDGF attitude and think its something Miami needs after Diaz.

Freeze will never happen for his past exploits, as well as Kiffin. And keep Bill O’Brien the **** away from Coral Gables.

Cristobal
Clawson
Clark
Fickell
Agree that Clawson should be on the list. What he's done at tiny Wake Forest is impressive. Only thing is he'd need to be willing to keep some of our better recruiters who have S FL connections on the staff since he has no real connection to the area.

Advertisement
Watching Leach beating Texas AM last Saturday was priceless : Leach had this little notebook, while Jimbo had a huge play chart look like a white board, had over a 100,000 in the stands and still beat him. It was really unbelievable to see Miss State offensive line block, they were huge, a sophomore QB, some kid name Willy Rodgers (?), some really sure handed WR. One interesting thing about Leach, he seems to have a pretty good eye for picking DC's, the D wasn't half bad.

We need experience as a HC and someone that brings some clout.
Mario, O’Brien, Freeze, Kiffin, Stoops. I like the BC guy too.
The issue I could see with Kiffin is bringing in a similar mentality as Diaz and too much rah rah where the team is a bunch of clowns thinking they played on championship teams and don’t do ****.

Advertisement
This may seem weird or odd but is Jimbo happy at A&M now that they have OU and UT coming? I’d take Jumbo if we wanted to leave. I know they are paying him a boat load but he will burn down quicker there in his Golden years. He would be a more polished Richt. He would win us the coastal every year and can recruit QBs.

Watching Leach beating Texas AM last Saturday was priceless : Leach had this little notebook, while Jimbo had a huge play chart look like a white board, had over a 100,000 in the stands and still beat him. It was really unbelievable to see Miss State offensive line block, they were huge, a sophomore QB, some kid name Willy Rodgers (?), some really sure handed WR. One interesting thing about Leach, he seems to have a pretty good eye for picking DC's, the D wasn't half bad.

Are you suggesting Mike Leach for HC? I'm in.

Advertisement
Why am I seeing Herman being brought up so much?

Yall talk **** about Mannys loser post game comments non stop.

Herman literally said "Hey guys, winning is hard" after one of his pathetic losses in a post game presser
Herman isn't perfect, maybe not even a Tier 1 candidate, but we could do worse. Especially for what I am sure will be a lazy, cheap search. He deserves just as much consideration as Mario, Lane (my number one choice), Stoops or any of the retreads we will hear about.

Last year Texas lost 3 one score games, including in Quadruple OT to Oklahoma and by a field goal to a Top 10 Iowa State team.

Herman didn't get fired because of football...he got fired because the boosters at that school care more about some old *** song than they care about winning. They replaced Herman with a guy who, at every stop as a head coach, has been good for 8-9 wins...but the first thing out of his mouth in that intro press conference was about the **** song, so they love him.

The big flag for me with Herman is that his lines at Texas, given their recruiting footprint, were pretty bad. That's been true at that program for a while now, so not sure if it is a Herman issue specifically, but that is a major red flag for me. We know Stoops and Mario can put the lines together, and Lane would probably bring Lebby and some SEC-connected line coach with him.

my board on who Miami should target:

1. Mario Cristobal- homerun hire no need to explain.

2. Mark Stoops- buyout is 1.75 million.. has ties to So fla as UM DB coach from 01-03 was interested before.

3. Greg Schiano- no Nonsense, will bring toughness to the team. Disciplinarian

4. Billy Napier- might go to LSU though

5. Lane Kiffin- perfect fit for obvious reasons.. just needs the right DC and will flourish

First of all forget about a National Championship not going to ever happen again but we can get back to a top 15 type of team. My list has a chance to do that
1-Mario- loves Miami and great recruiter
2-Lane- great offensive mind
3-Schiano- solid coach that bring toughness
4-Fickel-does more with less talent
5-Chadwell-winner at all levels and crazy offense mind

THE WINNER IS
Chadwell

Last edited:
1. Freeze
2. Stoops
3. Mario
4. Kiffin
5. Fickell
6. Clawson

I think this go around we need to hire someone with P5 head coaching experience. I know Chadwell is a winner, is winning now, offensive guru, etc...but our best two year stretch (2016-2017) in the past 15 years was under a coach with extensive P5 experience. I wouldn't be totally mad at a Jamey Chadwell or Bill Clark hire though...just saying what I think would bring us back the quickest.

Advertisement
Back