Top 25 grad rates

Advertisement
@McMurphyESPN: Worst 10 BCS AQ grad rates: Cal 44%, OU 51, USC 53, Ark 54, Ole Miss 55, OkSt 56, Tex 56, Hou 57, WSU 57, FSU 58

:ibisroflmao:

WTF is going on at Cal?

Maybe they are making them take real classes.

That might well be the case. I am always a bit suspicious of graduation rates among athletes. The easier the curriculum, the higher the graduation rate; the harder the curriculum, the lower the graduation rate. I am not claiming that the graduation rate is determined solely by the difficulty of the courses, but I think that that difficulty is a factor.

@McMurphyESPN: Worst 10 BCS AQ grad rates: Cal 44%, OU 51, USC 53, Ark 54, Ole Miss 55, OkSt 56, Tex 56, Hou 57, WSU 57, FSU 58

Aren't the schools supposed to get penalized if they don't meet a certain standard?

On the APR they do get penalized. The bar is very very low in any case. Most people are not aware that Temple was under NCAA scholarship restriction due to failed APR when Golden took over there. Under him, Temple raised their APR dramatically.

Al gets it.

WTF is going on at Cal?

Maybe they are making them take real classes.

That might well be the case. I am always a bit suspicious of graduation rates among athletes. The easier the curriculum, the higher the graduation rate; the harder the curriculum, the lower the graduation rate. I am not claiming that the graduation rate is determined solely by the difficulty of the courses, but I think that that difficulty is a factor.

You get it. A lot of people don't.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back