Top 2020 OL lands Miami offer yesterday, details where UM is in his picture

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
The Canes are off to a fast start in the class of 2020, securing five commitments from the early Top247 rankings. And yesterday, they put their hat in the ring for one more, offering Top247 ranked OT Paris Johnson Jr. from Cincinnati, Ohio. He’s been hearing a lot from Miami OL coach Stacy Searels, and Searels finally pulled the trigger on the talented prospect. No doubt about it, Johnson was excited to have a scholarship to attend “The U”.

“The offer was extended through my head coach, Steve Specht,” Johnson Jr. said. “I was exhilarated when I learned about the offer!”

The sophomore from St. Xavier High sports an impressively developed 6’7” 275 pound frame to go along with an aggressive mean-streak that continues until his man is pinned to the ground. Johnson Jr. had an outstanding sophomore season that also led to recent offers from Notre Dame, Stanford, FSU, Ohio State, and Penn State to name a few.

“I feel like our team had a great season, my sophomore year. Playing alongside top guys like Blake Bacevich, Bobby Jefferson, and Chase Wolf made this season exciting. I believe I did exactly what my coaches wanted me to do, and it translated onto the field.”

While he lists no top schools, Johnson Jr. has high interest in the Canes and plans to visit Coral Gables when he gets the chance to check out campus and get even more comfortable with the coaching staff.

“No, I have not established a top list yet, but I will be arranging a visit!” Johnson Jr. exclaims excitedly.

Although recruiting has picked up for him since the release of his sophomore tape, Johnson Jr. wants to slow everything down and take his time with the process. It will be family decision, and while no decision is planned in the near future, he doesn’t rule out amending that plan if the right school becomes clear.

“At the moment, we have planned to make the decision by the beginning of my senior season, but anything can change.”

Advertisement
Cannot see Miami pulling a St X kid. Would assume OSU or ND without having any prior connections down here. Alex Gall was from the same conference of this kid, but he didn't have the offer list of this kid.

As the young cats would say, Them (Ohio) ho's loyal, but they got one school. There are so many players in Florida that play OOS that loyalty is not even a word here.

Advertisement
Notre Dame. OSU does not own Cincinnati like they own the rest of Ohio. Cincinnati is a self contained bubble in Ohio, strong Catholic history. Notre Dame is the city's team.

Advertisement
Back