Top 2019 CB Dent talks with CIS

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2019 Palm Beach Central corner Akeem Dent is already in the spotlight as the nation's #1-ranked player at his position for according to 247sports. He also happens to be committed to the Miami Hurricanes.

"I'm aggressive, have good technique, and I can play zone coverage as well as man. I have good awareness," Dent said.

The speedster committed to UM last summer during Paradise Camp. Canes cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph is the coach he is closest to on the recruiting trail, saying, "he's a good guy with a good personality". He was impressed by the play of Miami's defense this past season, and in particular, his future position group.

"That secondary was swarming and has ball skills. They're very talented," Dent noted.

"Miami shows major love. They come see me often and make me feel comfortable."

Although it will be more than two years until Dent steps onto the college field, he says he wishes it was much sooner.

"I'm real ready for the next level. I have major confidence, but I just don't like to brag about it."

When asked why committed so early in the process, the playmaking corner's answer was simple, "It's paradise." That doesn't mean however, that his recruitment is a wrap.

"I'm strongly committed, but I will continue to look at other schools," Dent said.

[TWEET]822960619875893248[/TWEET]

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is going to be a major fight starting a year or so from now to keep him. Dude plays at such a high level already.

I was smiling until the last sentence. Only issue I have with commits out so far is will Rumph be here in 2019? We all know kids commit to coaches, not schools. We'll see but ge kid is a beast.

I was smiling until the last sentence. Only issue I have with commits out so far is will Rumph be here in 2019? We all know kids commit to coaches, not schools. We'll see but ge kid is a beast.

I don't see Rumph getting fired if that's what you're asking

Advertisement

Stop with the Bull****.. Rumph can coach so he won't be fired and it's highly doubtful that he leaves for another school. If he struggles with recruiting then they can just hire a recruiter for his position group just like Alabama has like 50 of those.

Game changer. Elite speed, elite coverage skills and hungry. This will be a dog fight but things are certainly looking good for us

if we load up on DB's in 18' I hope this doesn't deter him. Savages play with Savages right??

Advertisement
2019 Palm Beach Central corner Akeem Dent is already in the spotlight as the nation's #1-ranked player at his position for according to 247sports. He also happens to be committed to the Miami Hurricanes.

"I'm aggressive, have good technique, and I can play zone coverage as well as man. I have good awareness," Dent said.

The speedster committed to UM last summer during Paradise Camp. Canes cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph is the coach he is closest to on the recruiting trail, saying, "he's a good guy with a good personality". He was impressed by the play of Miami's defense this past season, and in particular, his future position group.

"That secondary was swarming and has ball skills. They're very talented," Dent noted.

"Miami shows major love. They come see me often and make me feel comfortable."

Although it will be more than two years until Dent steps onto the college field, he says he wishes it was much sooner.

"I'm real ready for the next level. I have major confidence, but I just don't like to brag about it."

When asked why committed so early in the process, the playmaking corner's answer was simple, "It's paradise." That doesn't mean however, that his recruitment is a wrap.

"I'm strongly committed, but I will continue to look at other schools," Dent said.

[TWEET]822960619875893248[/TWEET]

LOL, apparently not that "strongly."

Advertisement
Advertisement
He was identified midway through that recruiting cycle as a bad early eval. Kid doesn't have high level talent. Ariz and his BS hype machine. lol.

Advertisement
Back