Top 100 DB Delpit Talks Miami ($$ article)

Advertisement
IMG Academy safety Grant Delpit, who originally hails from Texas, made a visit to the University of Miami for a junior day in late February.

Delpit (6-1, 180) still looks back at that visit with fond memories.

“I love coach Richt and what he is doing with the program,” Delpit said. “They have turned the program upside down and it is going to be a new Miami. I was able to talk to him when I was there and he seems like a good guy.”

Delpit says he still communicates with UM safeties coach Ephraim Banda and has enjoyed getting to know him throughout the process.

“Coach Banda and all the other coaches at Miami are on me every other day and telling me that I need to come down there and check things out again,” Delpit said. “Now that I am at IMG Academy, I am going to see if I can take some trips down there.”

“Coach Banda is a laid back guy, but he is a great teacher too. I feel like you could learn a lot from him.”

Delpit is looking forward to playing for IMG Academy this season. He is confident he has already made big strides in his game this offseason.

“My strength and my stamina is better than it was last year,” Delpit said. “I have been running a lot and I am confident that now I am not going to get tired as much in the fourth quarter. I have also improved my range and feel like I can come down quick.”

Delpit discussed what he is looking for most in his future school.

“I just want a place where I can earn playing time, where I love the coaching staff, where I fit in the scheme, and a place that feels like home,” Delpit said.

Delpit ranks as the No. 60 overall recruit in the country and the No. 4 overall safety in the country according to 247Sports.com

Advertisement
IMG Academy safety Grant Delpit, who originally hails from Texas, made a visit to the University of Miami for a junior day in late February.

Delpit (6-1, 180) still looks back at that visit with fond memories.

“I love coach Richt and what he is doing with the program,” Delpit said. “They have turned the program upside down and it is going to be a new Miami. I was able to talk to him when I was there and he seems like a good guy.”

Delpit says he still communicates with UM safeties coach Ephraim Banda and has enjoyed getting to know him throughout the process.

“Coach Banda and all the other coaches at Miami are on me every other day and telling me that I need to come down there and check things out again,” Delpit said. “Now that I am at IMG Academy, I am going to see if I can take some trips down there.”

“Coach Banda is a laid back guy, but he is a great teacher too. I feel like you could learn a lot from him.”

Delpit is looking forward to playing for IMG Academy this season. He is confident he has already made big strides in his game this offseason.

“My strength and my stamina is better than it was last year,” Delpit said. “I have been running a lot and I am confident that now I am not going to get tired as much in the fourth quarter. I have also improved my range and feel like I can come down quick.”

Delpit discussed what he is looking for most in his future school.

“I just want a place where I can earn playing time, where I love the coaching staff, where I fit in the scheme, and a place that feels like home,” Delpit said.

Delpit ranks as the No. 60 overall recruit in the country and the No. 4 overall safety in the country according to 247Sports.com

Thanks, man! :fistbump::crownpour:

Advertisement
That playing time talk from recruits is such bull... Lol.
You would practically be a guaranteed TF starter coming to Miami, but the ones that mention "playing time" almost always end up signing with a school that has multiple 4 & 5-star kids in front of them who were promised the same thing.
Crootin' man, I tell ya... Lol.

Advertisement
Back