2022 Top 100 4⭐ CB Jahlil Florence

The new Duck staff wasted no time in checking in on him and he already has a solid relationship with new DB coach Demetrice Martin. Even though his January visit to Eugene is off, he did visit twice previously and has a strong comfort level with the school.

Florence loved his official visit to USC. He visited right before the dead period and if he were to sign at that point in his recruitment, there's a good chance it would have been with the Trojans.
No covid.... That's good

#HeGone
#NEXT

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ladies & gents, allow me to chime in:

I know most of u guys are from So Fla & U’ve been conditioned by the behaviors (or behaviours for my peoples from The UK) of these kids. Let me be very clear: Cali kids don’t move like So Fla kids. The culture of handlers at the youth football level, kids transferring from school to school, that ain’t a Cali thing. Our kids are loyal af. Are their bags in the game? Sure; mostly from these private schools from The Trinity Leagues, but I can unequivocally tell u that both Northern CA kids & far South CA kids move different, even from LA & Orange County kids.

If Jahlil is not visiting, trust him at his word that it’s a family situation. We haven’t lost this fight. He committed to UO (and it’s UO not OU which is Oklahoma) b/c of Cristobal. Did he visit? Nope. He decommitted, why? B/c of Cristobal. He had interest in us, b/c of who? Cristobal. So he committed to UO sight unseen, & wanted to commit to Miami, sight unseen. OK, to me that means his relationship w/ Mario is strong, equating to we have a shot. Will he commit to us? I can’t comment on that b/c I don’t know, but clearly Mario is the reason, not Chance & certainly not T-Rob, that we’re in this. It’s not all doom & gloom. Again, he “could” commit to UO or SC, but this defeatist spirit has to stop.

CA kids are adaptable; when I was going to Miami back & forth from 2001-2006, it felt like a 2nd home. Miami ain’t no different than LA, except swap out the Mexican pop in LA (SD) for the Cuban pop in Miami. Swap out the Nigerian & Belizian pop in LA (SD) for the Haitian pop in Miami. Miami has always, ALWAYS been appealing to CA kids, which is y Dorsey, Toretta, Kaaya, Williams, Wright, Telemaque, Cain, Cleveland, Garcia, Hightower, etc. etc. have committed & locked in their commitments.

Again, let it play out b4 throwing in the towel. Maybe the Coleman situation got us a lil spook’d, a lil’ PTSD, but I promise u that rah-rah going on w/ JSU will die quickly. Let Mario work; again this is not saying what Florence will or won’t do, but track record shows he’s very high on Mario.

Edit: upon other sources & a poster, it’s noted he did visit UO earlier. 247 didn’t have that on his timeline.

Last edited:

I know most of u guys are from So Fla & U’ve been conditioned by the behaviors (or behaviours for my peoples from The UK) of these kids. Let me be very clear: Cali kids don’t move like So Fla kids. The culture of handlers at the youth football level, kids transferring from school to school, that ain’t a Cali thing. Our kids are loyal af. Are their bags in the game? Sure; mostly from these private schools from The Trinity Leagues, but I can unequivocally tell u that both Northern CA kids & far South CA kids move different, even from LA & Orange County kids.

If Jahlil is not visiting, trust him at his word that it’s a family situation. We haven’t lost this fight. He committed to UO (and it’s UO not OU which is Oklahoma) b/c of Cristobal. Did he visit? Nope. He decommitted, why? B/c of Cristobal. He had interest in us, b/c of who? Cristobal. So he committed to UO sight unseen, & wanted to commit to Miami, sight unseen. OK, to me that means his relationship w/ Mario is strong, equating to we have a shot. Will he commit to us? I can’t comment on that b/c I don’t know, but clearly Mario is the reason, not Chance & certainly not T-Rob, that we’re in this. It’s not all doom & gloom. Again, he “could” commit to UO or SC, but this defeatist spirit has to stop.

CA kids are adaptable; when I was going to Miami back & forth from 2001-2006, it felt like a 2nd home. Miami ain’t no different that LA, except swap out the Mexican pop in LA for the Cuban pop in Miami. Swap out the Nigerian pop in LA for the Haitian pop in Miami. Miami has always, ALWAYS been appealing to CA kids, which is y Dorsey, Toretta, Kaaya, Williams, Wright, Telemaque, Cain, Cleveland, Garcia, Hightower, etc. etc. have committed & locked in their commitments.

Again, let it play out b4 throwing in the towel. Maybe the Coleman situation got us a lil spook’d, a lil’ PTSD, but I promise u that rah-rah going on w/ JSU will die quickly. Let Mario work; again this is not saying what Florence will or won’t do, but track record shows he’s very high on Mario.
This is such a great post dude. I wish everyone on this board would read it.

CA kids are adaptable; when I was going to Miami back & forth from 2001-2006, it felt like a 2nd home. Miami ain’t no different than LA, except swap out the Mexican pop in LA (SD) for the Cuban pop in Miami. Swap out the Nigerian & Belizian pop in LA (SD) for the Haitian pop in Miami. Miami has always, ALWAYS been appealing to CA kids, which is y Dorsey, Toretta, Kaaya, Williams, Wright, Telemaque, Cain, Cleveland, Garcia, Hightower, etc. etc. have committed & locked in their commitments.

Thanks Rell. Needed that one.

Advertisement
Thanks Rell. Needed that one.

Man, we’ve been tortured & brutalized by these former staphs. I get it, but man, my closet homies r from SD. Truth be told, I function w/ them better than friends who I grew up w/. SD kids just move different. I respect them for that; hence, why I was super high on Key Smith.

We’re still in this; again, will he commit? I dunno, but I’m just speaking solely on giving up. W/ Mario, especially after hearing the young jit KT kept it real w/ us, until we see ink dry, never quit on Mario’s abilities. Don’t let Coleman fool u otherwise; ****, Deion was surprised by Coleman’s commitment. That was on some boyfriend type chit, like when Belly Button Boyd spurned us out of nowhere for UTK to follow Fils-aime.

My Mario era optimism has me reading it like this.

Mario leaves Oregon. Florence decommits from Oregon.He wants to flip to Miami. Mario wouldn’t let him commit before visiting to be sure it’s for him. He sets up visit. Something real and genuine comes up in his personal life.

He calls Mario and says he can’t make it to the visit but he really wants to follow him to Miami. Crystobal takes his commitment sight unseen under the condition that he shuts down his recruitment and visits no other schools.

Florence announces he had a personal issue come up and won’t visit any more schools. Mario takes his commitment.

At least I hope so.

Man, we’ve been tortured & brutalized by these former staphs. I get it, but man, my closet homies r from SD. Truth be told, I function w/ them better than friends who I grew up w/. SD kids just move different. I respect them for that; hence, why I was super high on Key Smith.

We’re still in this; again, will he commit? I dunno, but I’m just speaking solely on giving up. W/ Mario, especially after hearing the young jit KT kept it real w/ us, until we see ink dry, never quit on Mario’s abilities. Don’t let Coleman fool u otherwise; ****, Deion was surprised by Coleman’s commitment. That was on some boyfriend type chit, like when Belly Button Boyd spurned us out of nowhere for UTK to follow Fils-aime.
I truly believe Smiff can ball out. Guy makes big catches. I think my favorite TD of the season was the Van Dimes TD to Smiff against Pitt. Ball placement was perfect and the grab was smooth.

Advertisement
My Mario era optimism has me reading it like this.

Mario leaves Oregon. Florence decommits from Oregon.He wants to flip to Miami. Mario wouldn’t let him commit before visiting to be sure it’s for him. He sets up visit. Something real and genuine comes up in his personal life.

He calls Mario and says he can’t make it to the visit but he really wants to follow him to Miami. Crystobal takes his commitment sight unseen under the condition that he shuts down his recruitment and visits no other schools.

Florence announces he had a personal issue come up and won’t visit any more schools. Mario takes his commitment.

At least I hope so.
I'm wondering if we Mario pumped the brakes on him. How many spots do we have left? We have signed 10 so far. There are 11 left on the table. Granted some are reaches... Conerly (OT), Shemer (DT), Luli (OG), Halton (DT), Pyburn (DE), McCoy (OT), Miller (DT)- not likely, Citizen (RB) - not likely, Dudley (LB) - not likely, Moten (DT) and Thomas (DE). Assuming we get 5 of the 11, I think we are done with a class of 15 plus the portal guys. We are desperate for DT's and OL's as we already took 3 CB's in Rodgers, Graves and Harris. Just thinking out load. Do you all have a better feel for the true numbers as to what we can take? Maybe Mario makes room for him at the end.

You're absolutely right man. Good insight on the CA kids and the situation as a whole.

Advertisement

Solid^^^^^^

What could have been… I got more upset by the flip due to how poorly used he was. Smh... Going to UT didn’t work out for either, but especially Byrd… He would’ve been a good CB for us!

Really good stuff… honestly it makes sense, Mario is a legit decent human and has built a strong relationship with the kid. If there are family issues I can absolutely see him say, look kid you will be fine not visiting, take care of your family, trust me Miami will treat you right when you can get here.

Advertisement
Back