2022 Top 100 4⭐ CB Jahlil Florence

Advertisement
Having plenty of CBs is an overstatement to say the least. We have 1 quality starter returning next season.

Honestly we aren't going to have 60 new players next season. If our coaches can't develop and improve some of these guys, we're screwed anyways. Adding Florence means little if you're writing off Graves, Rogers, Clarke, Couch, Blades, and Harris, because Florence needs to be developed too

Honestly we aren't going to have 60 new players next season. If our coaches can't develop and improve some of these guys, we're screwed anyways. Adding Florence means little if you're writing off Graves, Rogers, Clarke, Couch, Blades, and Harris, because Florence needs to be developed too
I'm not writing off players that haven't even enrolled but everyone else is JAG. Hence my original post about the portal need players that have stepped on a college field not relying on day 1 true Freshmen for every Derek Stingley there are 20+ Ivey.

Advertisement
From an Oregon site that posted it on their 247 board this afternoon:

This whole thing is fishy. No way I’m counting Mario out on this one until I hear it from the kid’s mouth. He and Mario had a great relationship. A little odd he would shut the door on Mario 3 days before his visit.

I’m not gonna look too deep into this tweet other than the fact that fans continue to be some creepy mutherfukers during recruiting season. Which one of you is CanesChief?

Advertisement
This whole thing is fishy. No way I’m counting Mario out on this one until I hear it from the kid’s mouth. He and Mario had a great relationship. A little odd he would shut the door on Mario 3 days before his visit.

I’m not gonna look too deep into this tweet other than the fact that fans continue to be some creepy mutherfukers during recruiting season. Which one of you is CanesChief?
Or…. The kid genuinely has some family issues. We do have this COVID thing going around. I don’t think there is anything fishy going on here.

Animated GIF

Or…. The kid genuinely has some family issues. We do have this COVID thing going around. I don’t think there is anything fishy going on here.
I’m not even sure how to respond to this my dude. Of course there could be a Covid issue lol. But to me that would derail the visit. Not necessarily his decision of where he is going to spend the next 4 years of his life depending on severity of said issue. All I’m saying is I’m not calling this one an automatic loss based on today’s events. I’ll believe it when I hear it.

He will go into the portal & get stuck in purgatory. If he was smart he’d stay & get a degree at least

He should be very close to getting a degree. Probably go in as a grad transfer.

Someone will fall in love with his measurables and offer him. That’s a given. **** how many times did we?

Advertisement
I don't think anyone is writing off Graves. If they are, they're not very bright. Dude's playing early and often.

Y’all know he doesn’t have to sign, he can visit up until March like Josh Conley Jr. maybe he postpones his signing, if he doesn’t sign on signing day then it might be a good thing.

Outside chance his tweet was towards his 5th official? Meaning he’ll take ones he scheduled but leave him alone about that 5th?!?!

Advertisement
Taking on Washington state and taking on Oklahoma usc and Oregon are two separate things
With Mario gone, we shouldn’t have to compete for kids with Oregon outside the Pacific Northwest starting with next years class imo

Earlier today, Florence told 247Sports that he will no longer visit any schools this month and is shutting things down for the time being.

"Things have been stressful and I just wanted to a break from it all," Florence said. "There's a lot going on right now and even though we've had this dead period, things have been more active than ever for me and my family.

"I wanted to take a step back from it all and I'm going to be talking with my parents about a potential time frame for making a decision. It could definitely speed up the process for me and I don't think I'll be waiting until February now."

The new Duck staff wasted no time in checking in on him and he already has a solid relationship with new DB coach Demetrice Martin. Even though his January visit to Eugene is off, he did visit twice previously and has a strong comfort level with the school.

Florence loved his official visit to USC. He visited right before the dead period and if he were to sign at that point in his recruitment, there's a good chance it would have been with the Trojans.

Advertisement
Back