Top 10 Schools by Sponsorship Revenue

Just saw this graphic on Twitter. Miami is actually the #5 school for sponsorship revenue. If this is true, then I assume the Adidas deal is a huge reason why.

image.jpg

/still don't like the feathers

Advertisement
But some say that Adidas deal had nothing to do with us getting Richt. I think it had everything to do with getting the coaching staff we got. That and Shalala getting the **** out of the way.

But some say that Adidas deal had nothing to do with us getting Richt. I think it had everything to do with getting the coaching staff we got. That and Shalala getting the **** out of the way.

This stupid narrative just won't end. Miami was able to land Richt because of the following reasons

1. Increased Revenue(Adidas Deal) which led to Miami being able to offer a better financial package
2. Facility Upgrades/ Additional Support Staff

Dr. Shalala and Dr. Frenk had NOTHING to do with it, outside of Dr. Frenk making a phone call. People who believe that University Presidents are hanging out in the athletic department offices, setting policy are a tad ignorant. Remember, Richt was approached in both 2006 and 2010, he wasn't interested, mostly because the building blocks of a successful program weren't in place, and he wasn't willing to do that level of building. Combine that with him being in a superior situation in Athens, and it didn't make sense for him to move. People forget that had Richt not been ousted at UGA, Miami would have most likely ended up with a Dan Mullen type. There was some fortunate circumstances involved, as has been the case for most of Miami's best hires. Howard didn't want the job, his wife had to sell him on it, Jimmy wasn't Sam's first choice(Sam wanted John Cooper), and Butch was at best the 5th choice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back