Top 10 PFF grades vs Virginia

I can imagine Ivey is *expecting* Safety help? Safety is held by the route down the hash, may be a step late over, but why in the world do you let your WR free in a 3rd and goal scenario and the QB 14 miles away. Really strange anticipation from multiple players.

good screenshots. Shows the confusion well. Thanks.

let me bottom line this: in that coverage, Ivey has no underneath threat or conflict. and understanding that he has help inside, there is ZERO reason for him to not match up with the no 1 receiver that is now parked in the end zone. even if he expects safety help from the deep hash, that man is ivey's responsibility. period. he should be on him like stink on sh*t

WTF goes on with our CB's sometimes just boggles the mind. and it's always Ivey and Blades with the WTF plays.

guy will get beat. that's the nature to the game. but to always be the one looking like you're lost in the park, means you're the guy who should be finding a seat on the bench

Advertisement
let me bottom line this: in that coverage, Ivey has no underneath threat or conflict. and understanding that he has help inside, there is ZERO reason for him to not match up with the no 1 receiver that is now parked in the end zone. even if he expects safety help from the deep hash, that man is ivey's responsibility. period. he should be on him like stink on sh*t

WTF goes on with our CB's sometimes just boggles the mind. and it's always Ivey and Blades with the WTF plays.

guy will get beat. that's the nature to the game. but to always be the one looking like you're lost in the park, means you're the guy who should be finding a seat on the bench

Coaching, teaching, football IQ -- we are very bad in all three aspects on that side of the ball. We just are not sound

Advertisement
i expected the OL to grade out like a deaf mute in music class.

but given how our interior DL was so bad last night, I'm shocked Ford and Miller and Silvera made it over 60

So King had a good grade while two of his O linemen had horrific pass block games. But people are bashing him after this game?
People have a hard time understanding anything happening around them. They don't know why something happened, just that something happened. King is doing a lot of great things, just needs more help from other guys for it to be obvious.

King does things like go through his first two progressions, scramble, then throw a check down for 3yds. Guys in the past would have thrown to a covered receiver resulting in an inc or int, if they scrambled, they would get sacked. Avoiding that kind of **** show is where King is making a huge impact. His decision making has been great.

Advertisement
We need to stop referring to this PFF, their methodology is a bunch of Horse Sh... This OLine failed miserably. At Best the OLine collectively gets a 50%. PFF is sheer nonsense.

We really need a better player than Gainer at center. I have never been convinced he was any good. Dude gets worked at pass pro even against smaller A gap blitzing LBers and doesn’t get any push on run blocks

Advertisement
We need to stop referring to this PFF, their methodology is a bunch of Horse Sh... This OLine failed miserably. At Best the OLine collectively gets a 50%. PFF is sheer nonsense.
It's not nonsense … necessarily. The thing about OL, it takes all 5 to grade high, at the same time, or it becomes a schit storm. When they're as inconsistent as they've shown, how often do you think that happens?

I told people last night Zion would grade out the best and was playing pretty **** well. Yet he’s “ below average “ to them. His pff is really good for pass blocking and a tad above average for run.

He’s actually having a pretty good year.
Was confused by people who thought he was bad last night.

Advertisement
Ok, here's all you need to know about PFF methodology and grades. Amari Carter, bless him, participates in one play, penalized for targeting and ejected and he grades a 60.0. Really? So the defensive players grading in the 50s really need to look themselves in a mirror - Frierson, Bolden & Co.

Ok, here's all you need to know about PFF methodology and grades. Amari Carter, bless him, participates in one play, penalized for targeting and ejected and he grades a 60.0. Really?
PFF is stuck in the ‘80s.

To me a passing grade is 70. Not sure where this grading system says pass or fail. Not one OL passed in my grading system
Ps Just looked again. Using below 70 as fail only 5 on whole team passed. SAD
You can't look at it that way. PFF doesn't have a cutoff like school grade like 90 and above is an A. They state they grade each position group differently. Also, for offensive linemen they grade pass blocking separate from run blocking. You have to compare players against others in the same position group. Also, to see how they compare against the average or elites you have to compare them their position group across all teams. There's a subscription require for that level of data.

Advertisement
Back