Too many issues to count

Advertisement
I‘m not coming in here and wasting my time and yours posting the same ole drivel about breakdowns, pro’s & cons , who stood out and how I’m feeling as a fan. Nobody wants to read that and tbh I don’t feel like writing it. The game was what it was and so is the season. I’m over it all and I have no emotion about it either way. Nothing was shocking last night and that’s why it was easy for me to turn it off in the third quarter, as if I’ve been watching a bad movie. No anger , sadness or embarrassment. Just another horrible performance on a Saturday. Oh well.

This thread is more about the longterm health of the program and the countless issues staring it in the face . I’m going to make this short and sweet with no sugarcoating.

First and foremost this staff needs changes. Multiple coaches HAVE TO BE GONE!! If not the class will lose guys and current recruits will give Miami no shot. Program changing type recruits Including guys committed. That’s not opinion , that’s purely fact. Nobody wants to play for some of these coaches or their scheme.

We have of a staff of individuals instead of a staff. Coaches that care more about their ego, protecting their brand and moving up in coaching circles versus actually teaching and building relationships. Coaches that came here because they were butthurt at their other job, or had issues with their previous HC’s. When you have coaches leaking crap out or giving quotes throwing players under the bus to cover your own *** you lose the position room. Trust and respect go a long way in coaching and we lack that as a staff. This is far more than horrible coaching , it goes all the way down to recruiting. There’s only a few guys carrying the water and others that think just by showing up to the games everything is Gucci. “You‘ve been recruited , I’ve done my part“ lol.

Yes we have a bad culture , quitters on the roster and lack talent but the issues are much bigger than that. It’s much deeper. There’s toxicity every where and the on field product shows. Chemistry on a staff is just as important as chemistry with a locker room.
If you can count to 1, then that's all you need. The problems name is Josh Gattis, playing an obviously injured QB, yelling at players on the sideline on National TV, rotating Van Dyke/Garcia/Brown, what is this guy thinking about. Miami can do better on the OC hires, look for Gattis to take a smaller school HC position and let Mario hire a bette coach.

A few weeks ago I posted that the staff - in the middle of the season (bye week) - was trying to incorporate some of last years schemes and concepts that work.

TVD comes out, looks like TVD, and there's some small progress there (496yds VS UNC). TVD throws for another 351yds the next week against VagTech and wins against a very bad team.

TVD gets hurt.

Condensed formations return.

ZERO touchdowns drives Duke (6 drives), UVA (13 drives), and FSU (11 drives).

You have no clue how stubborn Mario Cristobal is with this offense. If you needed more proof, please let me know and I'll be glad to provide.
I don't NEED more proof but please provide anyway haha

Advertisement
Cribby's well written analysis of a progressively degenerating program is appreciated. We fundamentally are non-competitive with opponents demonstrating a legitimate pulse.

Our problem is way more than scheme. You think a spread would really make us any better? "Oh wow we lost to Florida state 50-27 instead of 45-3." It is clear that the coaching staff is not in synch. We have a terrible culture. Players are so unprepared and dont want to get better. Our players and coaches are just not committed to this. Take a look at a program like OSU. Those players do everything possible to make the NFL. That's their goal day one

Between mtsu Duke and fspoo this season contains 3 of the top 15 worst ever canes losses. Between manny and Mario I’m saying they have half of those 15

Advertisement
Today’s offense is NOT to possess the ball it is to SCORE the ball.

The only time I want to see a 12 play drive is during our 4 minute offense.

It’s not that hard (that’s what she said). Hire a coach that spreads the field and can develop players.

You mean Dan Mullen?
Mario never worked with Mullen but I wouldn’t mind it. Mullen is a solid OC.

I was actually thinking Satterfield. I incorrectly assumed he was out in Louisville. He was on the hot seat though.

Advertisement
Our problem is way more than scheme. You think a spread would really make us any better? "Oh wow we lost to Florida state 50-27 instead of 45-3." It is clear that the coaching staff is not in synch. We have a terrible culture. Players are so unprepared and dont want to get better. Our players and coaches are just not committed to this. Take a look at a program like OSU. Those players do everything possible to make the NFL. That's their goal day one
50-27 would have been better than 45-3, yes.

Advertisement
I think MustacheMan has brought the "Curse of the 'Stache" down on us and we will suck until he and his ridiculous facial hair are gone.

This sucks. If we fire Gattis today like we should he’ll blame Mario and say he was just trying to do what Mario wanted because like we’ve said he wants to be a HC and doesn’t accept any responsibility after games (always blames the players) and even told the reporter about how he had to tell TVD to call the receivers and practice route running. I always thought that was strange obviously for TVD not to have been doing that, but just as strange that his freaking offensive coordinator would tell that to a reporter. You don’t build trust by doing **** like that and it looks like the biggest issue this team has is it doesn’t trust it’s coaches

When Gattis starts crying about how he’s being unfairly scapegoated then there is more material for rivals to negatively recruit and bring up the failure that our season has been.

I hope Gattis is a professional for once and doesn’t bad mouth us on his way out

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back