Tony Elliot as OC

Advertisement
They've shared it.
I remember reading that Elliot was the primary play caller, I'm not sure how you have 2 play callers, could be wrong though. Regardless just last year Elliot was offered the Tennessee HC job and turned them down and had multiple NFL OC offers. He was viewed as one the Top HC candidates on the market. He has 5 years of proven success but I guess none of that matters anymore lol. I would have other candidates higher on my list but I would still give Elliot an interview

Tony Elliot is having a rough season as OC but he was the play caller for 2 National championship teams and 6 ACC Championship teams. He was probably the hottest up and coming Head Coach option before this season. I would still give him an interview, sometimes teams just have a bad season. He's proven to be a very good coach
You gotta knock it off bruh lol

Miami is not going to hire anymore coordinators or first time head coaches...

And it’s very clear who the candidate is, they’re going to go all out for Cristobal, if he says no, then maybe they’ll go after someone else, but all these random coordinators I can assure you 1,000% will not get an interview or be in consideration whatsoever.

The want someone who’s either Cuban, from Miami or has ties to the program, Cristobal checks all 3 of those categories, but even if it’s not him, the next HC will be someone that fits one of those criteria, take that to the bank.

I remember reading that Elliot was the primary play caller, I'm not sure how you have 2 play callers, could be wrong though. Regardless just last year Elliot was offered the Tennessee HC job and turned them down and had multiple NFL OC offers. He was viewed as one the Top HC candidates on the market. He has 5 years of proven success but I guess none of that matters anymore lol. I would have other candidates higher on my list but I would still give Elliot an interview

I was always vague, at least to a fan perspective who had more influence as the OC... But as soon as Scott was even distracted by the USF job (OSU Game) the offense hasn't looked the same.

Advertisement

And it’s very clear who the candidate is, they’re going to go all out for Cristobal, if he says no, then maybe they’ll go after someone else, but all these random coordinators I can assure you 1,000% will not get an interview or be in consideration whatsoever.

The want someone who’s either Cuban, from Miami or has ties to the program, Cristobal checks all 3 of those categories, but even if it’s not him, the next HC will be someone that fits one of those criteria, take that to the bank.
All these suggestions are based off the scenerio that Cristobal and Kiffin are off the table. I just know how difficult it's going to be to steal a P5 coach away from a Top 25 Program. That's why I'm bringing up other candidates, it's not a done deal that Mario or Lane are taking this job. Also why does every coach need to have Miami ties... The best coaches we ever had never had any ties to Miami.. Go out and hire the best candidate, not the best candidate with Miami ties.

I was always vague, at least to a fan perspective who had more influence as the OC... But as soon as Scott was even distracted by the USF job (OSU Game) the offense hasn't looked the same.
Clemson had the 4th Scoring offense and 10th Offense in Total Yards last year.

Lane Kiffin enjoys Cuban coffee and has a home in Boca, that’s worth 1.5 of your three criteria right?

All these suggestions are based off the scenerio that Cristobal and Kiffin are off the table. I just know how difficult it's going to be to steal a P5 coach away from a Top 25 Program. That's why I'm bringing up other candidates, it's not a done deal that Mario or Lane are taking this job. Also why does every coach need to have Miami ties... The best coaches we ever had never had any ties to Miami.. Go out and hire the best candidate, not the best candidate with Miami ties.
They have to have Miami ties because thats what the people who will be paying their salary want.

Advertisement
Lane Kiffin enjoys Cuban coffee and has a home in Boca, that’s worth 1.5 of your three criteria right?
You don’t have to convince me, it’s the guys calling the shots in the BOT you have to convince lol

"The Miami job is unlike any other bro"

Advertisement
Tony Elliot is having a rough season as OC but he was the play caller for 2 National championship teams and 6 ACC Championship teams. He was probably the hottest up and coming Head Coach option before this season. I would still give him an interview, sometimes teams just have a bad season. He's proven to be a very good coach
As what?? HC??!!!!

JFC - what is your mission, man? All you do is mention some random OC or Assistant as HC for Miami.

Miami is not going the unproven HC route with this hire. Please stop!!!

As what?? HC??!!!!

JFC - what is your mission, man? All you do is mention some random OC or Assistant as HC for Miami.

Miami is not going the unproven HC route with this hire. Please stop!!!
I've brought up numerous candidates with HC experience.

Hugh Freeze
Bill O Brien
Billy Napier
Jamey Chadwell
Dave Aranda
Mark Stoops

I guess you just don't see those post or ignore them lol
Screenshot_20211117-165855_Chrome.jpg

I've brought up numerous candidates with HC experience.

Hugh Freeze
Bill O Brien
Billy Napier
Jamey Chadwell
Dave Aranda
Mark Stoops

I guess you just don't see those post or ignore them lolView attachment 161645
Ok, my bad but you do post non head coaching candidates. You cover every **** possibility whether it’s real or not, lol

Advertisement
Maybe it's because I'm not from South Florida but I don't get the fascination with connection to old Miami in regards to coaches. The best coaches are rarely from the geographical area they coach. They win and it becomes their land. Jimmy Johnson, Nick Saban, Coach K, Phil Jackson was from freaking Wyoming. Get the coach that will win big and let him make Miami his. D Wade is loved in Miami and he had no connection to the city until he started winning and it became Wade County. BoT need to be unbiased and prioritize winning at all cost and let the chips fall so we can rep proudly period.

Advertisement
Back