Tommy Kinsler Film Review: Canes Complete The Flip

View as article
Like one poster said..looks like losing Cormani woke up the ghosts in the graveyard over in Gainesville. Napier probably told them that either they start getting in this NIL game or dont expect him to land elite kids moving forward. Even if they attend Gainesville High right around the **** corner. And the boosters started getting into gear.

Really dont want to lose Kinsler. He looks like a future All Acc OL type.

Advertisement
Yea. Show up to pay rent with ur integrity in hand and no cash. See where that gets you? 🤣😂🤣😂. You sound like a man that’s never been evicted or hungry.
Cracks Me Up Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

Never been evicted but have gone hungry and didn't have to do anything illegal or unethical to eat! I think most of these kids have parents or an adult in their life responsible for their welfare! All black and brown kids are on the take Sir!
So it's unethical, to take a bag that's given to you, by grown folk, even if your lights or water is turned off? I'm not talking about stealing the money. That's different. But money that's given to you to try and persuade you to come to their school. Growing up like I grew up, where my moms didn't make enough money (she worked 2.5 jobs) to give us the stuff we needed as teenagers all the time, and eviction hanging over our heads and sometimes hunger pains.... I'm taking the bag, 10 times outta 10, and still going to the school that I want to go to. We're from different worlds, man. What you see as unethical, I see as a means to be able to get basic necessities and being able to help my moms keep the lights on, get groceries, and help pay rent.

Your last statement.... WOW! ****... So All black and brown kids are on the take?! TF?! That reeks of elitism and racism. I really hope you didn't mean that. You don't strike me as that kind of person. Every situation is different tho. Even for us black and brown folks. But i'm not apologizing at all for taking cash to help put food on the table and a roof over our heads. I mean these boosters, wanna use my athletic ability for their entertainment on Saturdays, so I don't mind taking their bags because I got a need for that money. I'm gonna help my family out. It ain't my fault that I gotta be the man of the house at 16-17, but it's my reality.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So it's unethical, to take a bag that's given to you, by grown folk, even if your lights or water is turned off? I'm not talking about stealing the money. That's different. But money that's given to you to try and persuade you to come to their school. Growing up like I grew up, where my moms didn't make enough money (she worked 2.5 jobs) to give us the stuff we needed as teenagers all the time, and eviction hanging over our heads and sometimes hunger pains.... I'm taking the bag, 10 times outta 10, and still going to the school that I want to go to. We're from different worlds, man. What you see as unethical, I see as a means to be able to get basic necessities and being able to help my moms keep the lights on, get groceries, and help pay rent.

Your last statement.... WOW! ****... So All black and brown kids are on the take?! TF?! That reeks of elitism and racism. I really hope you didn't mean that. You don't strike me as that kind of person. Every situation is different tho. Even for us black and brown folks. But i'm not apologizing at all for taking cash to help put food on the table and a roof over our heads. I mean these boosters, wanna use my athletic ability for their entertainment on Saturdays, so I don't mind taking their bags because I got a need for that money. I'm gonna help my family out. It ain't my fault that I gotta be the man of the house at 16-17, but it's my reality.
(S)he can respond or not but I think the intent was to use “aren’t” on the take as that seems to flow from their previous statement(s) pero I don’t know.

Please note: I am brown & I’m on the take at least as it relates to accepting bags from institutions of higher learning. N=1

Never been evicted but have gone hungry and didn't have to do anything illegal or unethical to eat! I think most of these kids have parents or an adult in their life responsible for their welfare! All black and brown kids are on the take Sir!

I will not put up with this **** right here. First and only warning.

(S)he can respond or not but I think the intent was to use “aren’t” on the take as that seems to flow from their previous statement(s) pero I don’t know.

Please note: I am brown & I’m on the take at least as it relates to accepting bags from institutions of higher learning. N=1
Ok, that makes more sense. I'm firmly planted on side "On The Take", too in this instance.

Ok, that makes more sense. I'm firmly planted on side "On The Take", too in this instance.
All chirping aside, it’s why I’m a big fan of NIL, especially if done through reputable businesses. At its core, As you know, A lot of these young men come from areas in which there aren’t (m)any entrepreneurs/biz men that are “accessible” to them. Minimal exposure to what’s possible out there. It can become aspirational….Or it can help a kid realize that he better really focus on maximizing his potential on the field because running a biz/being a boss/responsible for the livelihood of others ain’ for everyone.

& this stuff is taxable. Uncle sugah gets his cut. More practical life lessons ensue as a result.

Advertisement
All chirping aside, it’s why I’m a big fan of NIL, especially if done through reputable businesses. At its core, As you know, A lot of these young men come from areas in which there aren’t (m)any entrepreneurs/biz men that are “accessible” to them. Minimal exposure to what’s possible out there. It can become aspirational….Or it can help a kid realize that he better really focus on maximizing his potential on the field because running a biz/being a boss/responsible for the livelihood of others ain’ for everyone.

& this stuff is taxable. Uncle sugah gets his cut. More practical life lessons ensue as a result.
Agreed, although I've never thought of it from that angle.

It was actually meant to say aren't on the take!

Hope these kids understand this and have suitable financial advisors. Income tax evasion is a real thing.

Advertisement
Hope these kids understand this and have suitable financial advisors. Income tax evasion is a real thing.
This is another area where Ruiz is doing things so legit that we should be one of the models. He is running a legit business, I am sure explaining taxes, **** even working on Media training and other things. He is basically teaching these kids soft skills on top of their degree. One of the biggest things recent grads do not have as a whole.

Advertisement
It was actually meant to say aren't on the take!
You aren't a frequent poster and there's no evidence of prior bad outbursts like this so I'm going to give you do benefit of the doubt, remove the infraction point (for now), but also try and explain some things here so that hopefully this can be a teachable moment.

When you type "All black and brown kids aren't on the take, Sir," you are necessarily implying some of them are. And, factually, that's probably true. But, then again, aren't some white kids also on the take, too (just on our team, we all know TVD is driving around in a pretty nice 7 series he didn't pay a dime for)? So if we can agree that's true, why mention skin color at all? Why not just say, "All kids aren't on the take, Sir"?

Additionally, it's somewhat troubling in the context of the comment you were responding to, which was alluding to poverty (i.e., "You sound like a man that’s never been evicted or hungry."). Most likely not with ill will, you seemed to (probably subconsciously) equate poverty (via eviction and hunger) with black and brown kids. But plenty of white kids live in poverty, too. So again, why mention skin color at all? Why not (more precisely and racially neutral) say, "All poor kids aren't on the take, Sir"?

Just some food for thought.

You aren't a frequent poster and there's no evidence of prior bad outbursts like this so I'm going to give you do benefit of the doubt, remove the infraction point (for now), but also try and explain some things here so that hopefully this can be a teachable moment.

When you type "All black and brown kids aren't on the take, Sir," you are necessarily implying some of them are. And, factually, that's probably true. But, then again, aren't some white kids also on the take, too (just on our team, we all know TVD is driving around in a pretty nice 7 series he didn't pay a dime for)? So if we can agree that's true, why mention skin color at all? Why not just say, "All kids aren't on the take, Sir"?

Additionally, it's somewhat troubling in the context of the comment you were responding to, which was alluding to poverty (i.e., "You sound like a man that’s never been evicted or hungry."). Most likely not with ill will, you seemed to (probably subconsciously) equate poverty (via eviction and hunger) with black and brown kids. But plenty of white kids live in poverty, too. So again, why mention skin color at all? Why not (more precisely and racially neutral) say, "All poor kids aren't on the take, Sir"?

Just some food for thought.

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

I don't have to be a frequent poster to see what's happening and has been happening and especially in South Fliruda where I was born and raised and had family members turn down 💰 from schools because they knew it was an impermissible benefit against NCAA rules and they were living below the poverty level at the time. I have also seen kids and adult caretakers take the 💰. It happens to all races but you know just as well as I do it's mostly the black and brown kids that are targeted by the bag schools and hopefully the NIL helps the non-bag schools get a bit more of the elite players. The NIL still is not working how it's supposed too and allowing the bag schools to build collectives to continue their recruiting dominance!

Advertisement
Back