Tom Herman

Al Foil

Coach Pepe MAGA!
Will he leave Houston after one year to take the Miami job if offered?

He is by far my #1 candidate.

Herman is Urban Meyer without the personality disorder.

Advertisement
Houston will get into the Big 12. No reason to leave with the recruiting base UH has in Houston and Louisiana.

Nobody has ever stayed at Houston.

That would include Briles and Sumlin.

Houston is not a big time program. Herman is making a little over 1 mil. We offer him 3 mil per and I think his bags are packed.

The better question would be,Will he want the job in 2020 when Al finishes his contract? Al is not going anywhere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The University, the president,the AD and the Boosters have all let everyone know they stand by Al. The unhappy fans have flown banners,tried signs who were taken away,*****ed and moaned in every forum,told the school you 1 percent are not going to give money and guess what it would seem nobody cares and now the board is doing a great thing and shutting you up. Its great to be a Miami Hurricane!

The University, the president,the AD and the Boosters have all let everyone know they stand by Al. The unhappy fans have flown banners,tried signs who were taken away,*****ed and moaned in every forum,told the school you 1 percent are not going to give money and guess what it would seem nobody cares and now the board is doing a great thing and shutting you up. Its great to be a Miami Hurricane!

ESOL

This guy has NOOOOOO TIES to south florida or the south for that point, he is an Ohio and Texas guy.
He coached at Sam Houston State, Texas State, Rice, Iowa State, Ohio State, and now Houston which will be his first time as Head Coach.

Tom Herman's Houston Bio
http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121614aaa.html

Miami's next coach needs to a home run not a base hit.

Go canes

Last edited:
Advertisement

These AD implants seem to be very confident as of late.

I wonder why...

Advertisement

Houston's program was at the same level as ours right now (since Sumlin left), but with this hire, they should improve rapidly. He won't leave for a lateral move like Miami, especially since there's oil money that will keep him there.

This guy has NOOOOOO TIES to south florida or the south for that point, he is an Ohio and Texas guy.
He coached at Sam Houston State, Texas State, Rice, Iowa State, Ohio State, and now Houston which will be his first time as Head Coach.

Tom Herman's Houston Bio
http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121614aaa.html

Miami's next coach needs to a home run not a base hit.

Go canes

Jimmy Johnson had no S. Florida ties and limited HC experience.

I doubt we pony up for a home run and I also doubt if we could even lure a top coach here. While I don't think coaching trees are the greatest predictor of success, I would take someone from the Myer coaching tree over the Al Groh tree any day. I also think the product of the Saban coaching tree are like the players Saban gets drafted: they produce far less than they did at Alabama.

These AD implants seem to be very confident as of late.

I wonder why...

Time to start becoming FSU and Clemson fans so we can complain to ACC the Miami was not held up it's end of the bargain and should be kicked out of conference. "we needed a second football school not another half-*** basketball school ....." that sort of stuff. Only the thought of losing that big ACC check will move these idiots. What do we have to lose? Who really cares about the school without our Canes? I don't and I have my Doctorate from it and was born in the Gables. THE U is it's football team; without it is just Suntan u. Fix the team or shut the school down I say.

Advertisement
Back