Tom Herman and Mark Richt Day After Loss

Advertisement
Bunch of spoiled children in here..
Funny thing is they aren't even spoiled

We haven't been good in 15 years. We are looking at potentially our best season in that stretch and people are too dumb to see it

A lot of Miami (FL) fans live in a bizarre alternate universe where we should be beating top 25 teams consistently because we were really good a decade and a half ago. In 2001 we were maybe the best college football program ever assembled. In 2016 we are NC State with a better brand. Unless you are a level of coach above Richt (namely Saban, Urbs and Harbaugh) it isn't as easy as flipping a switch.

Richt is a B+/A- coach who will get the program going within a couple of years because he's a proven recruiter who will, unlike Coker, Randy and Golden, land more than our fair share of the top talent in the area. As a christian man, I believe that if the offense continues to sputter like it did on Saturday, he'll have the humility to bring in a competent play caller next year so he can focus on his strengths, namely recruiting and bible study.

Jesus f'ing Christ. Some of our fans should've ended up as stains on the mattress. If you want Richt out of here already, then who do you want? Mind you, if you start flying the banners (which were totally necessary for Golden) already, who's going to want to take the job? Especially when they know that after 1 loss the fan base will turn on you immediately.

Richt is now 5-11 vs his main rival.

5-10 vs UF at UGA (2-9 vs coaches not named Will Muschamp)
0-1 vs FSU

I forget the exact number but he's something like 14-25 against ranked opponens overall.

You can fight the concept of sample size all you want...but it doesn't change the fact that stat is telling.

Last 8 years he is 14-23 vs ranked opponents.

Now 14-24.

What about in his career? Seems like you're intentionally picking his worst stretch.

This is what he's done the last 8.1 years out of his 15 year career. Who cares about his first 7...that was dang near a decade ago. No one cherry picked his last 4 games or last year. We're talking about dang near another decade of less than par results against rivals and top 25 opponents.

Both went from competent to football illiterate by their
Respective fans after a loss. Tom Herman was touted as
the next Urban Meyer just a week ago.

Relax people Richt is a great hire. Be patient and he will have us in top 5 soon.

Can't believe you had to post this . I always though we would lose one regular season game just wish it had been to UNC or ND not FSU but so be it . I bet we shred the next 5-6 opponents and go riding high into the match up with Clemson in the ACCTG . I don't expect to beat the best team in college footbal but if we show well we will get a bowl worthy and go into next season 12-2 .

Advertisement
Give Herman our talent, against that FSU defense, and he rips them an anal cavity the size of North Dakota.

Please don't be so ignorant to compare these two. One is making chicken salad out of chicken ****...the other has a track record of losing big games and has given himself a play calling responsibilities that he's not capable of performing. Where the **** has Houston been for the last 10+ years before Herman got there?

Other than that...outstanding post.
Where the **** were we before richt? Lmao

58-0 to Clemson

UNC dropped 60 on us last year

You don't know that richt can't handle play calling. We're two conference games in. He was elite.. Yes elite during his time at fsu and early Georgia calling plays. You're dumb if you think he isn't capable

LOL.

I can't even reply to this garbage.

0-1 vs FSU

I forget the exact number but he's something like 14-25 against ranked opponens overall.

You can fight the concept of sample size all you want...but it doesn't change the fact that stat is telling.

Where are you getting this record? I see it is 15-21, which is still not that great.

Also, in his first eight seasons, he was 25-17.

In his career he is 37-35. I'd say that's pretty good at Georgia. That will not cut it here, though.

Im not in a position to look the data up...BUT...

Since 2007 season, Richt was a CEO HC...

He has returned to his OC + HC roots...

From 1999-2006, what was his record against main rival and ranked opponents?

I think that could be more instructive??

Give Herman our talent, against that FSU defense, and he rips them an anal cavity the size of North Dakota.

Please don't be so ignorant to compare these two. One is making chicken salad out of chicken ****...the other has a track record of losing big games and has given himself a play calling responsibilities that he's not capable of performing. Where the **** has Houston been for the last 10+ years before Herman got there?

Other than that...outstanding post.

Where was Miami (FL) for the last 10+ years before Richt got here? We are a mid-tier ACC Coastal program and have fans expecting to steam roll through the schedule like we're Alabama because we now have a B+/A- coach. Richt has never been a "do more with less" guy. He's an excellent recruiter with a track record of putting up strong records when he has outstanding talent. I have no reason to doubt that he'll do that here.

Advertisement

0-1 vs FSU

Where are you getting this record? I see it is 15-21, which is still not that great.

In his career he is 37-35. I'd say that's pretty good at Georgia. That will not cut it here, though.

Why won't 37-35 against ranked opponents cut it here? We haven't had a significant win going on a decade and a half. We haven't won a bowl game since W was president. He didn't inherit a brand new porsche with a full tank of gas. He inherited a ford taurus that had been beaten up by the three stooges that had the car before him. People need to get their expectations straightened out (or be prepared to be pretty ****ed off).

0-1 vs FSU

Why won't 37-35 against ranked opponents cut it here? We haven't had a significant win going on a decade and a half. We haven't won a bowl game since W was president. He didn't inherit a brand new porsche with a full tank of gas. He inherited a ford taurus that had been beaten up by the three stooges that had the car before him. People need to get their expectations straightened out (or be prepared to be pretty ****ed off).

Holy ******* ****.

Different regime just brings new apologists with different screen names. There is so much wrong with this post it's not even worth going into specifics.

Holy ******* ****.

Different regime just brings new apologists with different screen names. There is so much wrong with this post it's not even worth going into specifics.

Why even reply then? And I'm not apologizing for ****. I have reasonable expectations.

Holy ******* ****.

Why even reply then? And I'm not apologizing for ****. I have reasonable expectations.

As do I...but it bares repeating...

HOLY ******* **** at your entire line of reasoning.

Advertisement
Richt?
I need more than two P5 games as our coach to draw any conclusions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back