Tom Coughlin talks defense changes

nyibis

Freshman
Tom Coughlin talks about bringing back defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo in an AP article:

"Steve has so much enthusiasm in front of the room, His defense has changed since he was last here. He worked in Baltimore with John Harbaugh and Dean Pees, and they are outstanding defensive coaches. He has studied defenses. Steve visited colleges and talked to college coaches, including Urban Meyer, to learn how to defend the spread offenses that have become so popular."

This raises the question, does our coaching staff every bother to learn anything with the intention of making adjustments to improve? History says not.
Was the trip to Dallas an attempt to learn something?

Do we have any hope for a better performance next year with the current coaching staff? Any hope at all?
I have my doubts and don't look forward to the coming season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They went to Dallas to buy some leathers. Giddyup Dorito!

Advertisement
You must always adapt or be 6-7

What about all of those changes being made? Guess if not broken why fixit.

Didn't somebody post there would be staff changes? At this point Al just needs an ol fashion, "I'm a white dude that just drove into the hood after a cop that killed a black dude was found innocent beat down" This mutha****a just flatout telling us to kiss his pasty white ***. For real yo!

This raises the question, does our coaching staff every bother to learn anything with the intention of making adjustments to improve? History says not.
Was the trip to Dallas an attempt to learn something?

Do we have any hope for a better performance next year with the current coaching staff? Any hope at all?
I have my doubts and don't look forward to the coming season.

After fielding not only the worst defenses in the country for two years, but also the worst defense in the history of the program, why would golden make changes? Especially when the offenses have finished in the 40s and 50s in the country. Don't you know that MIAMI is making improvements in every aspect of the program instead of the win column? #trendingup

Golden went to Dallas to learn more about using the run to control the clock so defense isn't on the field. Also, tp pick up some secrets about choking he was afraid he was missing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back