Tom Bradley for DC

CaneSuger

Thunderdome
He's available, and knows Al Golden well. Similar philosophy to Al Golden, and his style would fit our current players, so we don't lose 2 years of recruits.

What do you think?

Bradley was named Penn State’s Defensive Coordinator in 2000 and his defenses produced outstanding results.

From 2004 to 2011 Penn State’s Defense ranked 3rd in the nation in Scoring Defense (16.4 ppf) and was 5th in Total Defense (298.7ypg). In 2009, the Nittany Lions ranked in the Top 15 nationally in the six primary defensive categories. Additionally, from 2004 to 2009 Penn State finished in the Top 15 in Total and Scoring Defense.

From 2004 through most of the 2011 season, Penn State held 53 of its 88 opponents to 17 points or fewer.

Bradley was named the AP Defensive Coordinator of the Year in 2005 and was named Rivals Defensive Coordinator of the Year in 2008.

Rivals had Bradley ranked as the 2nd best Defensive Coordinator in the nation before he was named interim head coach in 2011.

In addition to his role with the defense at Penn State, Bradley has been a highly successful recruiter. Bradley served as a lead recruiter for Nittany Lions such as Shane Conlan, Lavar Arrington, Paul Posluszny, Sean Lee, Brandon Short, and Justin King. Bradley has coached many All-American and all Big Ten standouts including Arrington, Paul Posluszny, Dan Connor, Devon Still, and Shane Conlan, David Macklin.

Advertisement
These coaches aren't miracle-workers.

Tom Bradley isn't going to turn Shayon Green into Courtney Brown.

Advertisement
Dorito once had a defense ranked around 50. C'mon, resume' speaks for itself.

Oh and one time at a school nobody cares about in a horrible conference they couldn't win, he stopped Villanova from scoring. I think he has enough clout to keep his job despite blasting **** all over himself this season.

I expect Franklin to get canned before Coach D is let-go.

Also, wouldn't be surprised (I would say it is a coin flip) if Barrow gets an order to Show Cause and he needs to be replaced.

Advertisement

Oh and one time at a school nobody cares about in a horrible conference they couldn't win, he stopped Villanova from scoring. I think he has enough clout to keep his job despite blasting **** all over himself this season.

:ibisroflmao:

Didn't he have the 17th best scoring D last year?

Didn't he have the 16th best scoring D in 2010?

This is what I don't get. Was this luck? I am no guru, I fully admit this. Why does this stuff happen?

Advertisement

This is what I don't get. Was this luck? I am no guru, I fully admit this. Why does this stuff happen?

The response you'll get is that it was at Temple, so it doesn't matter.

The response you'll get is that it was at Temple, so it doesn't matter.

I don't understand why? Last year he was at Miami, 2 years ago at Temple.

Temple plays inferior teams then BCS teams, true.

Temple has inferior talent then BCS teams, true.

Was the coaching that much better at Temple, that they had a huge advantage to out scheme the competition? Maybe. But wouldn't that be a good thing for us?

Do they cancel out?

Can we stop with the firing threads and the this coach is available thread. Not a single coach on this staff is getting fired. Wait until next year, if we still suck and can't muster at least 8 wins and are giving up a ton of yards and points and still struggling on offense then we can start talking about replacing a coach until then sit back and be patient.

Advertisement
Can we stop with the firing threads and the this coach is available thread. Not a single coach on this staff is getting fired. Wait until next year, if we still suck and can't muster at least 8 wins and are giving up a ton of yards and points and still struggling on offense then we can start talking about replacing a coach until then sit back and be patient.

There is a better chance Golden makes his next hire by choosing someone from this board than Coach D getting fired two years into this mess. Get over it already.

Tom Bradley is a very good defensive coordinator and a GREAT recruiter. He brought many top kids to PSU, especially from the Western PA area. Would i take him over D'Onofrio? Without hesitation. Will it happen? Never.

Advertisement
Back