Toledo vs Miami (Full Game)

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium
[video=youtube_share;zgoVzAaUVnI]https://youtu.be/zgoVzAaUVnI[/video]

Advertisement
Id like to watch but I don't need another blood pressure headache. Seriously .....I was so hot at Diaz/secondary, I got a migraine lol

LMFAO first completion of the game? CHAD THOMAS DROPPING INTO THE FLAT!!! This ain't on the players. This is on the DC and his dumbass scheme.

Advertisement
Just rewatched the game & some key standouts.

On Offense:
- Herndon played a great game, had 8rec 65yds & 1TD, was a 1st down machine.
- Already noted Berrios, but 5rec 105yds & 1TD, that move he made to turn around the Defense was phenomenal, I haven't seen the kid move like that since he's been here. Hope he continues to emerge this season, he's really a chain mover.
- Harley had a nice 3rec 34yds, besides the one drop, had that crisp 18yd out on the 3rd & 18, that was clutch throw by Rosier & very nice catch by Harley, good job keeping his feet inbounds.
- Irvin Jr 2rec 28yds, kid can be a weapon in the middle of the field & Redzone if we go 2TE's. Off play action, he'll rarely be covered & you can tell he's natural at route running, very good hands, just needs to sure up his blocking.
- Homer had a great game running the ball & receiving with 8carries 32yds rushing 2TD's & 3rec 46yds.

Defense:
- Toledo had 35:31 TOP, 23 1st downs (16 of which were passing), 13-23 on 3rd downs & ran 85 plays (50 passes).
On the positive side, the rushed the ball 35 times but only gained 85yds, our Run Defense was pretty good.
- JJack had 7tcks
- Malek Young had 7tcks 1.5TFL & 1PD, was easily our best CB & needs to be starting at all times.
- Quan had 5tcks
- Charles Perry had 4tcks
- Rome Finley had 4tcks & I liked what I saw from him bs Bethune, and felt the same vs Tol.
- Mike Pinckney had 4tcks
- Trent Harris had 3tckd 2sacks 2TFL's & might've been the best DL of the game, really showed up in big moments
- Chad Thomas had 3tcks 1sack 1TFL & a FF, some of yall were critical of him after the game, be maybe need to rewatch he actually played very well. Helped bring pressure on Woodside.
- McIntosh had 2tcks 1sack 1TFL and was extremely stout in the interior, made several non stat plays.
- Jon Garvin had 2tcks 1TFL & had sack called back due to a face mask, that kid is going to special. Crazy crazy wingspan!
He's gonna eat Blackmon alive!
- Anthony Moten stepped up had a nice TFL, but made several plays, very good depth DT. Both him & Bethel looked good.
- For all the sh*t people give Pete & D$ when they're wrong, we need to give them credit for being right about Bandy.
Had 3tcks 1TFL & 1PD, is a **** good CB, can play Nickel Slot or outside boundary, despite his size plays like he's 6'2, the kid is a straight beast. He & Young are very good CB's, we just need Delaney, MJack or Dean to show up and help these guys.

Overall, really loved what I saw from Rosier, Walton, Homer & the rest of the Offense. In my post game recap I was a bit critical of playcalling, but after watching again I think I overreacted.

Once Ahmmon gets back, this Offense can be deadly, especially with Berrios workings the slot, Harley, Cager & Ahmmon on the outside, we got nothing but matchup nightmares all over the field. I hope as we start ACC play we utilize JT4 & Deejay more, they need to be unleashed.

With the Defense, the secondary is fixable just need some continuity back there, need to stop subbing out every other play.

Last edited:
Just rewatched the game & some key standouts.

On Offense:
- Herndon played a great game, had 8rec 65yds & 1TD, was a 1st down machine.
- Already noted Berrios, but 5rec 105yds & 1TD, that move he made to turn around the Defense was phenomenal, I haven't seen the kid move like that since he's been here. Hope he continues to emerge this season, he's really a chain mover.
- Harley had a nice 3rec 34yds, besides the one drop, had that crisp 18yd out on the 3rd & 18, that was clutch throw by Rosier & very nice catch by Harley, good job keeping his feet inbounds.
- Irvin Jr 2rec 28yds, kid can be a weapon in the middle of the field & Redzone if we go 2TE's. Off play action, he'll rarely be covered & you can tell he's natural at route running, very good hands, just needs to sure up his blocking.
- Homer had a great game running the ball & receiving with 8carries 32yds rushing 2TD's & 3rec 46yds.

Defense:
- Toledo had 35:31 TOP, 23 1st downs (16 of which were passing), 13-23 on 3rd downs & ran 85 plays (50 passes).
On the positive side, the rushed the ball 35 times but only gained 85yds, our Run Defense was pretty good.
- JJack had 7tcks
- Malek Young had 7tcks 1.5TFL & 1PD, was easily our best CB & needs to be starting at all times.
- Quan had 5tcks
- Charles Perry had 4tcks
- Rome Finley had 4tcks & I liked what I saw from him bs Bethune, and felt the same vs Tol.
- Mike Pinckney had 4tcks
- Trent Harris had 3tckd 2sacks 2TFL's & might've been the best DL of the game, really showed up in big moments
- Chad Thomas had 3tcks 1sack 1TFL & a FF, some of yall were critical of him after the game, be maybe need to rewatch he actually played very well. Helped bring pressure on Woodside.
- McIntosh had 2tcks 1sack 1TFL and was extremely stout in the interior, made several non stat plays.
- Jon Garvin had 2tcks 1TFL & had sack called back due to a face mask, that kid is going to special. Crazy crazy wingspan!
He's gonna eat Blackmon alive!
- Anthony Moten stepped up had a nice TFL, but made several plays, very good depth DT. Both him & Bethel looked good.
- For all the sh*t people give Pete & D$ when they're wrong, we need to give them credit for being right about Bandy.
Had 3tcks 1TFL & 1PD, is a **** good CB, can play Nickel Slot or outside boundary, despite his size plays like he's 6'2, the kid is a straight beast. He & Young are very good CB's, we just need Delaney, MJack or Dean to show up and help these guys.

Overall, really loved what I saw from Rosier, Walton, Homer & the rest of the Offense. In my post game recap I was a bit critical of playcalling, but after watching again I think I overreacted.

Once Ahmmon gets back, this Offense can be deadly, especially with Berrios workings the slot, Harley, Cager & Ahmmon on the outside, we got nothing but matchup nightmares all over the field. I hope as we start ACC play we utilize JT4 & Deejay more, they need to be unleashed.

With the Defense, the secondary is fixable just need some continuity back there, need to stop subbing out every other play.

I wonder if they (coaches) are subbing so much to get more guys reps or is it we still are not in top shape. As a player how can you develop continuity without consistent reps.

I think it's both. It's a combination of trying to get conditioning back after the down time, getting reps for as many bodies as possible, and still trying to find the right combination of those bodies for the best results.

Advertisement
I think it's both. It's a combination of trying to get conditioning back after the down time, getting reps for as many bodies as possible, and still trying to find the right combination of those bodies for the best results.

Agreed.. something is going on and I'm sure it's bothering Diaz because he knows this IS NOT MIAMI football.

Advertisement
Back