Todd Peat Jr 2014 JUCO NT as a 2014 UM class Late Option

Paranos

All-ACC
With Miami still in need of 1 more impact NT to start the 2014 season and 6'4" 320 lbs JUCO NT Todd Peat Jr. Looking for a FBS school, could be that young man to be the final piece to the 2014 defensive line class. The UM spring game left some questions about the quality of depth at the NT position, especially in short yardage situations, which the addition of Peat could answer in-conjunction with Wyche. Look for UM to reevaluate this young man over the next few weeks.

UM recruited the 4* Army All -American NT as part of the 2011 Class (Mike Barrow was his recruiter) but Peat chose to sign with Nebraska at the time; he saw a Nebraska license plate on a car in Arizona the night before Signing Day an took it as a sign from God so he chose Nebraska.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...d-peat-nebraska-license-plate-/1#.U060m6LeSVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tkkewmsJgg

Peat spent two years with the Nebraska redshirting in 2011 and struggling to be a factor in 2012 after undergoing back surgery in the spring of 2012. However things didn't work out in Lincoln for Peat so in Jan 2013 he transferred from Neb to Eastern Arizona JUCO where in 2013 he earned All ACCAC honors as a NT/DT (along with current UM player Calvin Heurtelou). So playing the same competition as Heurtelou, Peat was just as dominant a force playing from the NT position, which shows he is well on his way to returning to his projected playing potential as a former HS Army All American.

All League JUCO Team
http://www.accac.org/sports/fball/2013-14/releases/2013-11-13_fball_all_league

Peat has mostly flown under the radar of most schools because after the 2013 season he become a little frustrated with his situation an began to lash out at the whole recruiting process and his feelings of being used by the process as a college athlete, rather than it being a familial experience at Nebraska aka "the big red machine".

Nothing he said was untrue because for the most part major college football is a business, but Miami does offer the best familial experience of any major FBS university.

Peat's Twitter Rant Against Signing Day Hype
http://sports.omaha.com/2014/02/05/...-day-hype-i-thought-i-was-jay-z/#.U063TKLeSVZ

Peat has most likely matured through his experience at JUCO an the recruiting process this second time around, which is evident by his closing statement that he would love to hear from any of the schools that offered him back 2011. Miami would offer the best option to complete his degree while getting a new start, with the icing on the cake of playing Nebraska twice in the next two years (since he only has 2 years to play two). Having Peat in the 2014 & 2015 NT rotation would add immediate quality depth an even a co-starter on the dline (that is tall and strong at the point of attack when using his hands to disengage blockers while splitting the double team). Peat's other school option would be to walk on at ASU, but ASU's defensive scheme doesn't suit his 2 gap potential the way Miami's 3-4 scheme would. Peat has mobility in space and some explosions but he is not the 1 gap up the field speed rusher, he is more so the collapses the pocket with strength and power but still mobile enough to give back side pursuit.

Peat is also feeling the pressure of being a possible underachiever from because his younger brother (Andrus Peat) is currently flourishing at Stanford and the youngest brother (Cassius Peat) is a 2015 rising 3* prospect ranked 35th OLB in the nation with over 20 offers. Peat coming to Miami would put him back in the alpha role among his brothers and give him the opportunity for pay back against Nebraska while washing away that early black mark on his career thus far. Also grades have never been an issue the Peat Family, so as a JUCO player who has been at the same school for 3 semesters UM admissions should not be an obstacle with Peat.

2013 JUCO Season Highlights for Todd Peat Jr.
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3081764/todd-peat

Regards,

Paranos

[video=youtube;eNSMOyOn9qc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSMOyOn9qc[/video]

Advertisement
Is he a kid with 1 year to play? Back injury requiring surgery for a NT sounds no good.

He redshirted in 2011 so he'd have 2 years to play.

His back surgery was 2 years ago, so I guess it's behind him. I don't know if he could get into Miami after being at a JUCO for only one year.

But it's the middle of April and guys that are available at this time are generally available for a reason.

He has been at Juco since Spring of 2013 so this spring would make it 3 semesters (sping 2013, fall 2013, and spring 2014) at the same school which is the ACC (bull crap rule).

An in regards to Peat's back surgery which was 2 years ago, based on his all league performance as a JUCO last fall and his highlight tape he is clearly physically back to form as I mentioned in the OP. Curtis Porter had back surgery also and he recovered quite nicely last year.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Isn't Wyche the last missing piece on the DL? I know that Golden went on the record to say that they may pick up a player or two but that the focus was going to be OL. Si? No?Maybe? Are we actively looking for another DT?

Isn't Wyche the last missing piece on the DL? I know that Golden went on the record to say that they may pick up a player or two but that the focus was going to be OL. Si? No?Maybe? Are we actively looking for another DT?

Staffing is quietly looking for another DT / NT preferably one that is ready to play NOW! If they find one great if not they will roll with what they have! But to be frank if you watched the spring, (which mind you was not a serious game) our 3rd and 4th players in at the NT rotation were getting blow out of the wholes on several short yardage plays. For instance the goal line plays where Tucker scored our dline interior was blown off the ball on 3 consecutive runs when EVERYONE KNEW WHAT WAS COMING AND WHERE!!!

So yeah if I am staff I am looking for 1 more ready to plug an play type massive human being, which at 6'4" 320lbs with long arms to match, Todd Peat is. I am not going to call any of our players out by name out of respect for their contribution to the U, but if there is an opportunity for an major upgrade in personnel depth you take it especially in a year that will define the direction of the program.

Go Canes

but Peat chose to sign with Nebraska at the time; he saw a Nebraska license plate on a car in Arizona the night before Signing Day an took it as a sign from God so he chose Nebraska.
243.jpg

Advertisement
What the **** does that post mean?

This is a serious thread about a critical position of need that people and recruits will most definitely read please do not clutter.

Last edited:

Staffing is quietly looking for another DT / NT preferably one that is ready to play NOW! If they find one great if not they will roll with what they have! But to be frank if you watched the spring, (which mind you was not a serious game) our 3rd and 4th players in at the NT rotation were getting blow out of the wholes on several short yardage plays. For instance the goal line plays where Tucker scored our dline interior was blown off the ball on 3 consecutive runs when EVERYONE KNEW WHAT WAS COMING AND WHERE!!!

So yeah ifhttp://www.rockler.com/blumreg-110deg-soft-close-blumotion-overlay-clip-top-hinges-for-face-frame-cabinets-hinges I am staff I am looking for 1 more ready to plug an play type massive human being, which at 6'4" 320lbs with long arms to match, Todd Peat is. I am not going to call any of our players out by name out of respect for their contribution to the U, but if there is an opportunity for an major upgrade in personnel depth you take it especially in a year that will define the direction of the program.

Go Canes

Where are you getting this info from? Pure speculation on your part.

DBC?

Advertisement

So yeah ifhttp://www.rockler.com/blumreg-110deg-soft-close-blumotion-overlay-clip-top-hinges-for-face-frame-cabinets-hinges I am staff I am looking for 1 more ready to plug an play type massive human being, which at 6'4" 320lbs with long arms to match, Todd Peat is. I am not going to call any of our players out by name out of respect for their contribution to the U, but if there is an opportunity for an major upgrade in personnel depth you take it especially in a year that will define the direction of the program.

Go Canes

Where are you getting this info from? Pure speculation on your part.

DBC?

Actually no that is not pure speculation, its true! But since you think it is then you must not have access to certain sources. So believe what you want but do not start that DBC stuff in a legitimate thread! I tell you what rather than coming on here an instigating an argument, why don't you PM some of the higher up insiders running this board that provide information an see if they will share anything with you (I doubt it, but you can give it the college try). With that said can we keep the tone of this thread positive recruits will read this thread which pertains to a critical position of need.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back