Todd Hartley on Brevin Jordan

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Had some more leftovers from media day. Not enough for it's own article, but coach Hartley offered this when I asked why he moved Jordan to #1 on the depth chart:

“He’s a playmaker. I told him this is a bottom-line business: If you can make plays, you’ll play, and if you can’t, you won’t play. And from the very beginning, he’s made plays.

"Now, is he perfect? No. He is a long way from being where we want him to be to be really good on offense. But, does he have the ability? Absolutely, and it’s going to be my job to get him there and he definitely wants to be great. It might take a little bit, but the good thing about preseason camp is that we have about 16 practices left before we strap them up, and he’s definitely moving in the right direction.”

Advertisement
No participation medals, senior seniority or kind words for everyone on this staff. They'd play a 9 yr old if he was the best at the position and could enroll early. Love it.

Advertisement
This staff actually understands these players aren’t finished products and they need to developed. Smh a lot of good talent wasted with the last regime

The attitude of this staff is night and day between this staff and the last staff.[/QUOTED

Had some more leftovers from media day. Not enough for it's own article, but coach Hartley offered this when I asked why he moved Jordan to #1 on the depth chart:

“He’s a playmaker. I told him this is a bottom-line business: If you can make plays, you’ll play, and if you can’t, you won’t play. And from the very beginning, he’s made plays.

"Now, is he perfect? No. He is a long way from being where we want him to be to be really good on offense. But, does he have the ability? Absolutely, and it’s going to be my job to get him there and he definitely wants to be great. It might take a little bit, but the good thing about preseason camp is that we have about 16 practices left before we strap them up, and he’s definitely moving in the right direction.”

why are you guys mostly focusing on Brevin? I for one think Mallory is not going to go quietly into the night here and may actually have more potential in the end. He is a prototype NFL TE in 3 years. There's no substitute for speed and length and he's got it. Both are super talented. Seems like there haven't been a lot[/USER]

why are you guys mostly focusing on Brevin? I for one think Mallory is not going to go quietly into the night here and may actually have more potential in the end. He is a prototype NFL TE in 3 years. There's no substitute for speed and length and he's got it. Both are super talented. Seems like there haven't been a lot[/USER]
Mallory and Jordan play two different positions, even though they are both TE's. Mallory will be used more like David Njoku (Slot, split wide, etc..). Jordan will be used more like Herdon (On the line, H-Back, etc...) I am the biggest Mallory fan that I know, but Jordan is the best option in that role. Both will get plenty of burn.

Advertisement
Mallory and Jordan play two different positions, even though they are both TE's. Mallory will be used more like David Njoku (Slot, split wide, etc..). Jordan will be used more like Herdon (On the line, H-Back, etc...) I am the biggest Mallory fan that I know, but Jordan is the best option in that role. Both will get plenty of burn.

Idk Herndon played a limited role at Miami, Brevin is going to play all over as a primary weapon traditional and spread out.

Mallory will be a primary weapon as well, jus saying Brevin is going to have a much bigger role than Herndon.

I try no to read too much into what coaches say...coaches use coach-speak at all times. Still, it's hard to escape the feeling that these guys are more focused on development than the last group. It always felt like al and his gang were talking about players needing to improve this and get better at that as if they just needed to try harder. Richt and crew give the impression that they have to teach and encourage the players to be better. I think al though it was just motivation while Richt realizes it's motivation and teaching.

Or maybe I'm just seeing what I want to see.

But I'm not.

Idk Herndon played a limited role at Miami, Brevin is going to play all over as a primary weapon traditional and spread out.

Mallory will be a primary weapon as well, jus saying Brevin is going to have a much bigger role than Herndon.
Hartley and Richt have literally both stated that Brevin will be used like Christopher Herndon and Mallory will be used like David Njoku. Brevin's TE position is a (Y) TE. Richt calls the (Y) TE the "adjuster". Mallory will be an (F) TE.

Hartley and Richt have literally both stated that Brevin will be used like Christopher Herndon and Mallory will be used like David Njoku. Brevin's TE position is a (Y) TE. Richt calls the (Y) TE the "adjuster". Mallory will be an (F) TE.

Trust me I know everything Brevin will be used in more ways than Herndon. Mallory’s role is more defined but Brevin will be lined up all over the field.

They just use the Njoku Herndon comparison as a simple way to explain to reporters without having to say to much.

Advertisement

Herndon played all over the field and was actually used more than Njoku for a bit because of his blocking. Now if you are saying he got less targets thats one thing, but when both were here, Herndon was like a linchpin for the offense. Now if you are more talking about casual fan who saw Njoku making plays, yea he had incredible skill set that Jordan can match.

Trust me I know everything Brevin will be used in more ways than Herndon. Mallory’s role is more defined but Brevin will be lined up all over the field.

They just use the Njoku Herndon comparison as a simple way to explain to reporters without having to say to much.
I too think that Jordan will be used in mulitple facets. No slight towards you, but I am going to role with coaches word on this one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back