Today Is The Birthday Of A Legendary Hurricane

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Frank Gore is 36 today.

He tore his ACL twice at Miami. How the **** can you even come close to being the same talent wise, let alone from a durability standpoint. That’s impossible.

Big Frank Gore: “hold my 40oz serving of inner city malt liquor.”

Frank has:
- An NFL-record 14 straight seasons with 600+ rushing yards
- An NFL-record 14 straight seasons with 125+ rushes
- Has started 195 of his last 196 games
- Ranks 3rd in the NFL for career rushing yards

This guy had so much talent that he turned his knee ligaments into linguini twice and still hung up a hall of fame career. He tore up the same knee twice at a time when modern medicine for ACL tears was as advanced as a mother “kissing a booboo.”

So let us commemorate Frank Gore today. It would’ve been easy to fold it up after these types of injuries. But Frank and his body just don’t give a f*ck about the laws of physics or the constraints of space and time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he doesn't tear his ACL twice...he is probably the greatest running back in the history of football. As is, he's the #4 all time leading rusher. Without the injuries...mother of god.

Most people don't remember seeing him at Coral Gables or his freshman year at UM, but he was a different guy before blowing out the knees. And even at like 70% of what he was, he was legendary. Hard to imagine what we would have been with good knees.

Most people don't remember seeing him at Coral Gables or his freshman year at UM, but he was a different guy before blowing out the knees. And even at like 70% of what he was, he was legendary. Hard to imagine what we would have been with good knees.

He has also reinvented himself a few times in his pro career. He's done the all purpose, the bell cow, to a 1st/2nd down back, to now the RB2/3 who grinds out yards for you. Oddly durable after being injured most of his college career, too. Was playing the full 16 way into his 30s. Was always able to block, too.

I've said this to kids who ask about him (the learning disability angle hits home with kids down here...for real)...I've always said he was a football savant. He knows and understands football on another level. Unique player. they don't make'em like him often.

Not only that,....but if Coker had him suit up for the 2002 National Championship game as an "insurance policy" then not only do we win, but the game doesn't even go into overtime. He was getting Scout Team Reps and apparently was giving our defense a VERY hard time. Have him in there to augment Willis McGahee....or better yet have them in there as a 1-2 punch and that game realistically is over at halftime like the Nebraska game the year before.

Advertisement
Not only that,....but if Coker had him suit up for the 2002 National Championship game as an "insurance policy" then not only do we win, but the game doesn't even go into overtime. He was getting Scout Team Reps and apparently was giving our defense a VERY hard time. Have him in there to augment Willis McGahee....or better yet have them in there as a 1-2 punch and that game realistically is over at halftime like the Nebraska game the year before.
You couldn't be more wrong...Frank tore his knee up Spring of 2002 just after being named starter over McGahee...No way on earth could he have played in the 2002 Title game...

I was there when he ran for something ridiculous like 500 yards in a single game his senior year at Coral Gables.

To this day, the most dominant high school offensive player I've ever seen come out of Dade County. I say that with all due respect to Sean Tay who I saw play at Gulliver many times as well......but Gore was something out of this world before the knee injuries. He was basically Emmitt Smith with a **** of a lot more speed and quickness (pre injury).

Best vision between the tackles I ever done did see.

I was there when he ran for something ridiculous like 500 yards in a single game his senior year at Coral Gables.

To this day, the most dominant high school offensive player I've ever seen come out of Dade County. I say that with all due respect to Sean Tay who I saw play at Gulliver many times as well......but Gore was something out of this world before the knee injuries. He was basically Emmitt Smith with a **** of a lot more speed and quickness (pre injury).

Best vision between the tackles I ever done did see.
Thank God you didn't see Freddie Miles run...
If you think Gore had vision between tackles, and Speed & Quickness...You wouldn't have believed what you were witnessing with Miles....

Advertisement

I remember seeing his as a FR at Miami. He looked like he was at full speed after five yards. I don't think he was ever a burner as far as "long speed," but his acceleration was ridiculous. And yes, superb vision.

I remember being at the OB and watching him get some of his first carries in that '01 Syracuse game.

**** he was something special.

Dwight Freeney who? LOL

Advertisement
Put Gore behind the Cowboys line from 1989-2003 and he’s number one all time with four Super Bowl rings.

Swap Gore and Emmitt and one would be considered the GOAT and the other probably wouldn't even be a HOF'er. And I'm a huge Emmitt and Jimmy era Cowboys fan.

Coker should’ve kept Jason Geathers (who, by the way, averaged 5.5 YPC) at RB that season. As soon as Gore was injured, Geathers should’ve been permanently a RB.
Not barely used and then moved to WR or wherever.

“Jason Geathers who opened the 2002 season with a 199-yard, two-touchdown performance. On his 22 carries, Geathers had the fourth-highest rushing yards in a game in school history at the time.
Geathers made plays throughout the season and even had 15 touches for 109 yards and two touchdowns in the next game against Florida, but that is also the game when McGahee took over as the lead back.”

The criminal misuse of Geathers was overshadowed by the subsequent criminal misuse of Hester.

/ But back to Gore and his GOAT status. Good lord if it was McGahee and Gore both healthy that season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back