To those who said Manny was awful at recruiting

Advertisement
Wrong

"Recruiting happens when a college employee or representative invites a high school student-athlete to play sports for their college. "

Regardless of whether or not this is “recruiting”, the fact of the matter is that Manny should not be relying on transfers rather than recruits straight out of HS.

Last year, he needed to get transfers because Richt’s class had been so awful, and there weren’t too many incoming freshmen Manny could get. (Given that upwards of 80% of people sign in the ESD.)

However, this is Manny’s first real class, and he’s still relying on transfers. It’s a little ridiculous. I assumed the transfers last year were a temporary one year thing- not anything permanent.

it’s not how quick the fans forget. It’s how quick fan moral can change when the They perceive that changes are being made for thegood.

horrible OC last year, Change made
horrible OL coach , Change made
bad QB play, bringing in #1 QB transfer
no kicking game, bringing in transfer kicker
D not elite, bringing in top D transfer and adding some impressive talent from recruiting
Old, slow offense, bringing in a uptempo spread

Give Manny some credit,
just as we see the problems, he sees the problems and is making great decisions to fix them.
wether the changes work or not, he’s making smart decisions

I agree with everything you wrote. This fanbase is not to football smart. 10% yeah but the other 90% want to put in a cheat code and magically make everything better

We are coming off a historically awful season with losses to FIU, Duke, Georgia Tech and a shutout to Louisiana f*cking Tech.

Not even 30 days later and Manny:

- Has our signing class on the cusp of finishing in the Top 15
- Convinced one of the top young OC’s in America to leave a pretty cushy gig at SMU for our trainwreck of a QB room
- Landed the most dynamic QB in the portal (and perhaps America), who will likely begin the season top 5-7 in Heisman odds
- Got the AAC Defensive Player of the Year to transfer
You had me at losses to FIU, Duke, GT and LT.

Advertisement
You're the dumba** that nuts at the stripclub bc the b*tch sat in your lap...you get overexcited bc she slipped you a wrong number.

We got a new OC last year that other big programs wanted. We also got a change the culture in the qb room type player in Tate. How you somehow keep wetting your pants over what Manny does in the offseason and sells to the fanbase is beyond fartproof.

Let me know when Manny can gameplan, make ingame and halftime adjustments. Let me know when he gets to postgame presser and take accountability for how a team looks coming off bye weeks and/or facing crosstown lil cousins. Let me know when Manny gets an additional 3 weeks of prep for a bowl game and actually puts up points and has a good showing.
I can go on but you busy wiping your mouth from manny...

There is not a single coach that has not had a BAD year in his first 3. That includes Howard, Jimmy, Dennis, Butch, before the clowns that followed.

You think we would have been pleased with someone FIU fired (Cristobal), someone Mississippi State and USC fired (Orgeron), Saban at 5-6 his first year at Alabama, etc.

There's no reason Manny has earned any reason for support based on the crap we saw, especially during the last 3 games of the year.

But I can't figure out how to blame him for making all the right moves (like Orgeron did at LSU) to work on fixing stuff. The offense needed fresh blood. Manny got someone logical last year, that didn't work out. So he fired him and the crappy (in retrospect) OLINE coach and replaced them each excellently. If they don't work out, looks like he'll get rid of them too.

That what a CEO/coach is supposed to do.

Regardless of whether or not this is “recruiting”, the fact of the matter is that Manny should not be relying on transfers rather than recruits straight out of HS.

Last year, he needed to get transfers because Richt’s class had been so awful, and there weren’t too many incoming freshmen Manny could get. (Given that upwards of 80% of people sign in the ESD.)

However, this is Manny’s first real class, and he’s still relying on transfers. It’s a little ridiculous. I assumed the transfers last year were a temporary one year thing- not anything permanent.
We brought in 8 transfers last year. Some had multiple years of eligibility left.

This year I think that we’ve brought in 3. All will depart after this season and two fill vital positions.

It’s amazing how people still blindly hope beyond hope that the lispy **** will turn out to be a good coach. So much so that they give him credit for how good a recruiting class he’s brought in under the circumstances without blaming him for creating the circumstances.
This is not a good recruiting class. Lashlee may be good, but he’s had one good year in his career and isn’t some can’t miss home run hire. King is a good player, but we beat out maryland for him.

pump the brakes. You people creamed your overalls after manny brought in a high profile transfer QB and “stole Alabama’s offensive coordinator” last offseason. Then we lost to FIU. And Louisiana Tech. And Georgia Tech. And Duke.

We are coming off a historically awful season with losses to FIU, Duke, Georgia Tech and a shutout to Louisiana f*cking Tech.

- Convinced one of the top young OC’s in America to leave a pretty cushy gig at SMU for our trainwreck of a QB room
- Landed the most dynamic QB in the portal (and perhaps America), who will likely begin the season top 5-7 in Heisman odds
You can either coach up or coach down the team you get. That’s what makes a good or bad coach. What does manny do?

Advertisement
There is not a single coach that has not had a BAD year in his first 3. That includes Howard, Jimmy, Dennis, Butch, before the clowns that followed.

You think we would have been pleased with someone FIU fired (Cristobal), someone Mississippi State and USC fired (Orgeron), Saban at 5-6 his first year at Alabama, etc.

There's no reason Manny has earned any reason for support based on the crap we saw, especially during the last 3 games of the year.

But I can't figure out how to blame him for making all the right moves (like Orgeron did at LSU) to work on fixing stuff. The offense needed fresh blood. Manny got someone logical last year, that didn't work out. So he fired him and the crappy (in retrospect) OLINE coach and replaced them each excellently. If they don't work out, looks like he'll get rid of them too.

That what a CEO/coach is supposed to do.
I respect and agree with your response...my dislike for mannure is not the wins and losses but rather the preparation and energy going into each game, the ingame and halftime adjustments, his leadership thru adversity on and off the field; and lastly his ****-poor pressers, where he thought he was talking to a fanbase of idiots with his lies and lack of coaching accountability. The wins will come with great leaders of men(coaches), effective evaluations and player development, solid game planning and proper personnel usage. A part of a HC's job is to coach the coaches. It's hard to hold coaches accountable when your wives and kids are hanging out 2gether every week. An assistant should be comfortable and feel the heat at the same time...Go Canes

I thought OP was offering rewards for knowing Manny was awful. Did something happen to change that fact?

If Lashlee was not here he would never sniff a QB like King. This has nothing to do with Manny. You better believe that!

Advertisement
Back