To those who post on the recruiting board..

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
...and especially those who post frequently (Problem2, WTH, jerzey, I'm looking at you guys), I have a request. During the last three live decisions, the members have used the announcement thread as a play-by-play. This has caused the site to slow down and -- when the player commits -- crash.

We acknowledge that this is unacceptable on our part and have spent the past month (as well as all day today after the Collins debacle) trying to shore up on the technological side.

But if our most active users stuck to the chat room during the actual announcements (starting with Bostwick at 8 and especially Thomas at 9), even a thousand simultaneous faps couldn't bring us down. The chat isn't perfect, and we have to moderate it harder than in the past, but it is the best place to spend those ten minutes of an announcement. It also keeps a lot of garbage off the board.

Gracias.

Advertisement
Has the chat been updated? It seemed like it could work but people gamed it easily...

Also most people wont know where to find the chat because the heavy load comes from people who arent usually here, better create a big *** sign that says CHAT HERE SO SITE WONT CRASH!!!

Has the chat been updated? It seemed like it could work but people gamed it easily...

Also most people wont know where to find the chat because the heavy load comes from people who arent usually here, better create a big *** sign that says CHAT HERE SO SITE WONT CRASH!!!

This is true and we will, but the volume posters are usually the regulars. That's who I'm trying to speak to. We can post all over this board all day and we have enough servers to house the Titanic, but we just need to minimize the simultaneous "Fap" posts. We have a lot of things in place to avoid that, but the chat is the easiest option.

Advertisement
I'm happy to post in the chat room, but every time I go in there I can't post.

use the chat...

di-LI6E.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back