To the handlers:

The issue here is first and foremost, get this straight, to think Miami has not played the game is naive. And it happen with that little **** under Shalala's watch, so it was allowed to happen, again though did she have direct knowledge? Probably not, thus allowing plausible deniability, but did she have an idea? No doubt in my mind she did, if we all know this happens, then **** straight she does as well.

To the shmucks (TP and the like) who insist on denying the existence of this? ***** it not wasting my time, your agendas are clear, and any acknowledgement of this happening from you guys will not happen as it weakens your agendas against the staff and the school when it comes to recruiting.

It is quite simple, I know of some for a fact, and no I won't name names, why? Because first it was in confidence as a friend, it will put at risk those who have told me, and finally as with all this the collateral damage can affect the University. Not just in relationships, but what if the team is still playing the game, just more discreetly, more selectively due to the current situation with the NCAA? While schools involved will get punished, if Miami gets caught up in this as well, our punishment will be death.

And finally if Miami is playing the game, the story will still be the same, at the end of the day, the pockets run deeper in other schools than here.

And no this does not pertain to every player, that is ludicrous and foolish, but Cane4Life did touch on this, it is the so called "elite" guys in this area, those guys the high 4/5 star kids, those guys is where it is more prevalent. The "low 4 or 3 star" guys, those are straight up recruiting.

So for example, kid like TV? No doubt in my mind the game is being played. A kid like Trayone Gray? No

Advertisement
WhatTheHell:

STFU for a second. IF this ish is going down (which most people with a brain can see), I think it'd be a fascinating story.

I think people would be legitimately shocked at what goes on, and since Miami will never play the game this way under Shalala, it would help this school if this ish was exposed. How bout trying to accomplish something instead of constantly saying what we all know.

Are you stupid or do you just have selective memory?

Our coaches were dropping kids off at a booster's house on their visits. The **** are you talking about "Miami will never play this game under Shalala," we just did.

I'm laughing at anyone believing all SEC schools pay, but that we don't. Jamaal Carter, Artie Burns, Deon Bush, Tracy Howard - just a few of well-off kids who couldn't use the money you guys claim they were being offered. Nope. Rather not make a dime.

LOLOL I'm not interested in doing this as a Canes fan. I'm interested in doin this as an opponent of cheating. As someone who finds the pimping of kids from broken homes as a disgrace. I am someone who finds it shameful that adults associated with a University can willingly cheat and take advantage of impoverished African American youth.

These kids should be paid. Legally. But the schools/handlers who operate outside the limits of fairness that have made competition about who can buy the most kids, should be punished SEVERELY.

WhatTheHell:

STFU for a second. IF this ish is going down (which most people with a brain can see), I think it'd be a fascinating story.

I think people would be legitimately shocked at what goes on, and since Miami will never play the game this way under Shalala, it would help this school if this ish was exposed. How bout trying to accomplish something instead of constantly saying what we all know.

Our coaches were dropping kids off at a booster's house on their visits. The **** are you talking about "Miami will never play this game under Shalala," we just did.

I'm laughing at anyone believing all SEC schools pay, but that we don't. Jamaal Carter, Artie Burns, Deon Bush, Tracy Howard - just a few of well-off kids who couldn't use the money you guys claim they were being offered. Nope. Rather not make a dime.

Nevin Shapiro quote: "I couldn't compete with the SEC money".

Nevin was our big booster, and his major contributions were benihanas and a washing machine. Trent Richardsons mom got a HOUSE.

Level the playing field for everyone, us too. If we go down too, fine. Do you really feel good about winning a title bc u took advantage of some impoverished grandma's wishes of having a driveway and porch?????

Hey Genron: I'll give you 75% profits for a documentary about the schools who buy kids. You'll never have to work a day in your life again, as a true revealing documentary would be a massive hit. I'm dead serious.

Anybody who has evidence, PM me, I'm legitimately considering pursuing this, but need real examples.

I have a award winning producer here in Nashville I have worked with. I'll do my part if you get this ball rolling! We have the resources!

Advertisement
LOLOL I'm not interested in doing this as a Canes fan. I'm interested in doin this as an opponent of cheating. As someone who finds the pimping of kids from broken homes as a disgrace. I am someone who finds it shameful that adults associated with a University can willingly cheat and take advantage of impoverished African American youth.

These kids should be paid. Legally. But the schools/handlers who operate outside the limits of fairness that have made competition about who can buy the most kids, should be punished SEVERELY.

I find a billion dollar business making its money on free labor to be ******* disgusting.

All your "research" is going to do is get some school or schools in a little trouble, mostly punishing the free labor (athlete) with no bowl games and such -- one of the few times the NCAA sanctions gifts. Maybe some of the handlers disappear but there will 20 lined up to fill the void.

If you care about the kids your anger is misguided. It is the schools that take advantage, not some middle man trying to get the most out of school, whether it is several gran or several hundred grand it is pennies compared to the schools making millions on the kid. The schools/NCAA deny these kids their earning power and now you want to blame the black market that this denial created, you're *** backwards

Got it, so only kids we beat them out for, THOSE are the ones who weren't being offered money by other schools.

Lol we are currently serving penalties for paying recruits. You dig around you might not like what you find.

For sure. The only thing is, and I've believed this for a quarter of a century, that we are comparatively cleaner than the competition.

Nobody says every kid we lose is due to money. Some, I think, are. Do I have direct proof? No. I've heard and read too much, though.

When I was in N.O. for one of the games, I sat in a bar open 'til the wee hours of the morning and watched the cops come in and collect their "protection" money from the proprietor. The cop stood there for the longest time counting it out, bill by bill.

The state has a long time reputation. It's part of the culture of that state. That doesn't prove anything about this situation, but it suggests to me that Louisiana plays by its own rules, and that probably goes for the state's favorite university's sports programs.

OP, don't be so quick to dismiss what, I admit, are just suspicions. There were too many saying too much about Dwayne Bowe and Patrick Peterson. I only know that the involvement of a parasite, like Genron, arouses my suspicions about TV. It's a shame, because he would still excel and show his stuff in our 3-4; he would get to make plays, and he would be well taken care of academically (good support program) and in an atmosphere that would be family-oriented, including the close family friend, Hurlie. I wish I knew his stepfather's name, because I lived in Brevard for a long time, although it's doubtful I would know the name of his stepfather's family. I wonder if his stepfather played with Hurlie at Merritt Island which, incidentally, used to send a lot of kids to UM.

WhatTheHell:

Tracy got paid?

Advertisement
By the way, as far as scheme, and how we would use TV, I doubt that the staff would be so blind to his talents to have him just sit at zero technique and two gap as a NT, just sitting there absorbing double teams an protecting LBx. Despite his massive size, he could be put at a DE in a 3-4, and utilize his explosiveness to make plays. We didn't always play a 3-4 this year and he could be used as a DT in a 4-3. Many teams flex between a 3-4 and 4-3, they don't necessarily stay in a base defense all the time.

I still think Golden and D'Onofrio are too smart to not utilize his talents to create havoc in the backfield. Heck, he could even slide over to a DE if he's that explosive. He'd create huge mismatches where it would not be two interior OL doubling him. They might have to double with a TE and OT, and he might eat that up.

I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud. Smartest coaches match their schemes to their talent. The fact is, we just didn't have much talent period this past year. Almost nada...zilch. Perhaps it was more exposed the past two years because I suspect the 3-4 is harder to learn. I think the 4-3 is simpler, because you just tell the DLs to get upfield, then read. JJ's 4-3 slide always was high risk, high reward. He knew you give up big plays because you took risks when you just exploded into the backfield. Read his quotes on his 4-3. If Genron is selling him a bill of goods about LSU's scheme and not listening to what UM's coaches are saying--and I admit, I don't know what they're saying--then he's doing TV a disservice. I think TV could end up a super DL and high draft choice in UM's scheme.

I would "advise" any kid to get as much money as you can. **** those schools, **** the NCAA..get yours while you have market value because there is no guarantee that you have any market value to the NFL in 3,4,5 years. The kid has value to schools/boosters he should take it and anyone that says the kid shouldn't needs to be slapped in the face for being a ******.

ok i'll put it out there.

any "street agent" with real facts on more than 1 school.. I want under cover type of videos...and it must be for 2013 or high class..AND must be against a top 10 program (i don't none of that Wester Michigan crap)

i'll go in 100k

hey SEC boosters...next time you pushing cash on some street agent just think about this.. one of them is recording under cover.... how you like them apples?

Ya take 100k from some family that desperately needs it. Way to teach those millionaire boosters a lesson!!

You aren't hurting the schools or boosters with this crap, dude.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

I find a billion dollar business making its money on free labor to be ****ing disgusting.

All your "research" is going to do is get some school or schools in a little trouble, mostly punishing the free labor (athlete) with no bowl games and such -- one of the few times the NCAA sanctions gifts. Maybe some of the handlers disappear but there will 20 lined up to fill the void.

If you care about the kids your anger is misguided. It is the schools that take advantage, not some middle man trying to get the most out of school, whether it is several gran or several hundred grand it is pennies compared to the schools making millions on the kid. The schools/NCAA deny these kids their earning power and now you want to blame the black market that this denial created, you're *** backwards

FWIW, the "Billion Dollar Industry" is pretty twisted all the way around. Most of the schools dont make what you think. There are only about 20-25 programs in the country that actually make real money on CFB. Most of the rest are usually running in the red or just barely treading water trying to keep up.

I think there needs to be a balanced approach here. I dont believe in flat out paying kids like professionals or the NFL. I think they should allow programs to pay them a stipend like if it was a job, but a school job. Enough so that they kids always had food, spending cash, money to visit their families, go out and party, etc... but not an open market because that will just totally destroy everything that makes this the best sport on Earth. If you turn it into the Jr. NFL, you will have about 15-20 programs dominate the sport, and we will lose what makes CFB so much better than the NFL.

Pay them as student employees of the University. Maybe 10 bucks an hour or something for all the time they spend working out and practicing, going to meetings, etc. I think this would solve probably 80% of the problems. If these kids had money to have fun, buy some clothes, maybe send a little back home to their family, it would take away a lot of the incentive for the cheating. There will always be those who want more, and some level of cheating, but if they felt they were getting treated fairly, I think it would resolve a lot of the problem.

The real money here is going to a handful of programs, ESPN, shoe companies, video game companies, sponsors, etc.... But if you really look at the numbers, most programs are not turning a profit on this. It costs a LOT of money to stay competitive in Division 1 football.

Advertisement
Back