To me the problem is..

KevinCosio

Sophomore
While I love all these guys that wanted to be canes and most of them grew up as a Canes fans, we need to start getting guys that weren't... U think everyone who goes to BAMA was roll tide from the womb?? **** NAH... Most of them aren't... Same goes with FSU, and etc.... They just see that as a better opportunity.. We need to get kids just to name one like a Devin Bush in 2016. A FSU legacy but sees us as the better opportunity.. Now what I just said can't and will not happen with Al Golden and please don't try to manipulate yourselves into think it will but w/ a guy like Cristobal the best recruiter in the country right now or a guy like butch.. Bush would consider and probably become a Cane. I'm all for getting guys like Duke Johnson and Jaquan Johnson but where had that gotten us the past 10 years???? Nowhere... This class was above average at best, we basically solidified the depth in the trenches... Which while we need that, there wasn't enough QUALITY.. We need to be in it for the big time prospects... And I'm not a stars ***** but there's a reason why there are 5 stars and there are 3 stars... Either there more polished or they have a higher ceiling...

Advertisement
If Miami ever started winning again they would start cleaning. Up in recruiting again.

Kids would probably prefer Miami Florida over Tuscaloosa Alabama in general as a place to live if all else were equal.

If Miami ever started winning again they would start cleaning. Up in recruiting again.

Kids would probably prefer Miami Florida over Tuscaloosa Alabama in general as a place to live if all else were equal.

Bama recent two time NC QB grew up a Cane fan. Most of the kids in America would want to be a Cane of the old Cane type. They do not want to be a Donna Cane. Only those who bleed the colors will put up with what Donna has created - a Big 10 cow pasture in the middle of race horse land. But again, our problem is not and never has been recruiting. If was and remains COACHING. Howard said and then proved it. Of course you need to recruit but coaching i s the key. We had some of the greatest all time college and NFL players long before Howard. The Stork may have been one of top 3 college players ever and if I remember correctly the entire dline of his senior year played in NFL. Otto, OJ, Foreman, Lester Williams, Rubin Carter and others graces our field before a coach worthy of them showed up. Depth and coaching were the problems and have become them again. One good coach and we are back. One good coach. In my life I can't remember maybe one or two years where we out recruited noles -- the girls up there have always attracted recruits more than our sunshine--- but our players and coaches use to out play and out coach the noles. Put JJ on the sideline and we beat the noles the last two years and they would be crying their normal tears. It is about coaching. You have to be a horrible recruiter, like Dennis, to lose at Miami unless you suck as coach, like Larry, Randy and Al.

Advertisement

Bama recent two time NC QB grew up a Cane fan. Most of the kids in America would want to be a Cane of the old Cane type. They do not want to be a Donna Cane. Only those who bleed the colors will put up with what Donna has created - a Big 10 cow pasture in the middle of race horse land. But again, our problem is not and never has been recruiting. If was and remains COACHING. Howard said and then proved it. Of course you need to recruit but coaching i s the key. We had some of the greatest all time college and NFL players long before Howard. The Stork may have been one of top 3 college players ever and if I remember correctly the entire dline of his senior year played in NFL. Otto, OJ, Foreman, Lester Williams, Rubin Carter and others graces our field before a coach worthy of them showed up. Depth and coaching were the problems and have become them again. One good coach and we are back. One good coach. In my life I can't remember maybe one or two years where we out recruited noles -- the girls up there have always attracted recruits more than our sunshine--- but our players and coaches use to out play and out coach the noles. Put JJ on the sideline and we beat the noles the last two years and they would be crying their normal tears. It is about coaching. You have to be a horrible recruiter, like Dennis, to lose at Miami unless you suck as coach, like Larry, Randy and Al.

Great post completely agree

Gotta switch to the spread offense.

Gotta start scoring and winning.

Do that and every kid will want to be at Miami. We gotta create a buzz.

Advertisement
problem is neither golden nor any of his guys aside from Jethro have coached at big schools or nfl. i mean D and Golden were briefly at temple but its not like golden can sit down with a kid and say, "Whne i was at USC, Bama, when i was in the NFL, when i was learning from Nick Saban, etc" these kids dont want to hear about temple, UVA, delaware, rutgerts, etc.

The problem is Miami needs to step into the 21st century. We are living in the times of selfies, and kids doing any and everything to garnish attention. Kids don't want to play in front of empty stadiums. Kids don't want to be embarrassed on national tv. Our Admin, for over a decade, has maintained status quo at mediocrity. We are behind in the arms race, and we shouldn't be. Boosters are saying they are giving money to our athletic dept, yet we continue to say we are broke. This admin has failed our fan base and the student athlete. To Gatorhater's point, getting a new, a solid coach, can fix a lot as far as on the field, but this University has to do a better job in getting on board with the times (e.g paying coaches and top assistants, getting an indoor practice facility, actually making an effort to getting our own stadium or partnering w/ someone that will) Donna's focus has been the medical field, which is tremendous, but this admin can't neglect what made us so popular nationally in the first place, our football program.

Advertisement

Just the fact that top recruits choose to live and play in Alabama over Miami beach tells you everything. It's all about winning.

Advertisement
Dude we aren't even landing kids who grew up Cane fans. We just missed on a blood relative of Michael ******* Irvin.

problem is neither golden nor any of his guys aside from Jethro have coached at big schools or nfl. i mean D and Golden were briefly at temple but its not like golden can sit down with a kid and say, "Whne i was at USC, Bama, when i was in the NFL, when i was learning from Nick Saban, etc" these kids dont want to hear about temple, UVA, delaware, rutgerts, etc.

Coley coached at FSU, LSU and in the NFL under saban

We need a elite coach to win again simple as that, we gotta break out the bread or we gotta take a chance someone, a lot of good schools go that route and have failed, guess we gotta keep trying to find that saban or urban in the weeds or actually spend money and get a patterson

Advertisement
Back