To be honest

Canecanecane

Freshman
Other than losing our place in the rankings, losing Powell is not even close to a big deal. Does anyone honestly think he would be a starter at RB here. He's a three star player with four star stats. Good player, not great, I considered him Crawford 2.0. Hope the staff takes this opportunity and picks up someone with either homerun ability, or a power running back. Two that come to mind, Mackenzie and London from St Thomas.

Advertisement
I disagree, kid is a playmaker. This team desperately needs more of these, we currently have 2 on the entire team Duke and Coley. This loss hurts, big time. Just an awful year for us

he handled this horribly. he probably would have been one of those kids who transferred because he didnt get the starting job. i still like him though. i think he is more explosive than dallas.

Advertisement
Other than losing our place in the rankings, losing Powell is not even close to a big deal. Does anyone honestly think he would be a starter at RB here. Good player, not great, I considered him Crawford 2.0. Hope the staff takes this opportunity and picks up someone with either homerun ability, or a power running back. Two that come to mind, Mackenzie and London from St Thomas.

STFU.

Depth at running back isn't exactly ideal. Who else is are we targeting with home run ability? Cook's enrolled at FSU, Michel won't take any in homes.

I guess I'll just hold out hope we can flip Fournette?

id be surprised if we're not regretting this one down the road, the kid dominated Broward ball this year

Not sure if you know but next year and year after we should be fine with DUKE YEARBY GUS. Add couple next year and maybe one this year. You guys act like RB isn't the easiest position to come and make an immediate impact. Duke did it, gus did it.

Advertisement
Clearly you never seen this kid play. Pure workhorse and ELECTRIC.!! He'll be Matt Forte at uf but of course if he doesn't break his first run for 99 yards we'll say he wasn't Miami material... Then Golden will sign a nobody who we never heard of.. Most likely a preferred walk on and we'll break his highlight film down and say he has the goods. Powell is 20000000 times better than Crawford will ever be. Crawford was a Db/Qb in high school and sucks at Rb w the exception of one game which will be the highlight of his career .. Powell is a HUGE LOSS

Other than losing our place in the rankings, losing Powell is not even close to a big deal. Does anyone honestly think he would be a starter at RB here. He's a three star player with four star stats. Good player, not great, I considered him Crawford 2.0. Hope the staff takes this opportunity and picks up someone with either homerun ability, or a power running back. Two that come to mind, Mackenzie and London from St Thomas.

Yh the Broward player of the yr isn't big loss. STFU man

I think he would have been a scat back, change of pace type of guy, or even played the slot if he stayed on offense. He looks the part of a future corner, but it isn't easy to convince these kids to switch positions. I truly think he saw Cook left to FSU, and UF had a spot for a rb without competition and took it. But tell me this, other than Percy Harvin, which WR or RB has made a recent impact in the NFL out of UF. Demps, Rainy, and so on are all wash outs really.

Not sure if you know but next year and year after we should be fine with DUKE YEARBY GUS. Add couple next year and maybe one this year. You guys act like RB isn't the easiest position to come and make an immediate impact. Duke did it, gus did it.

I might be wrong about this, but Duke and Joe both sustained fractured ankles. Both are spectacular RBs and playmakers when healthy, it remains to be seen when they will be healthy. That leaves us with one healthy RB. I like Gus, but losing Powell hurt big time.

Advertisement

We will not be fine. Keep waiting on Gus. He's still trying to figure out which hole he should hit don't be fooled by his stats against nobodies. He won't be a factor next year. The whole.. "Add a couple next year" is the sad reason we didn't have Any run game after Duke went down this past year smh

Yh the Broward player of the yr isn't big loss. STFU man

Lol for real.

Advertisement
The timing heavily suggests that UF have come down with a duffel bag full of cash, or Golden & co have cooled on him.

It will be interesting to see if the truth comes out.

Powell didn't have the size to be a RB, he would've been a slot receiver or a CB.

Still a huge loss.

Advertisement
Back