#TNM The New Manny

canadianhurricane

Sophomore
I was extremely critical of Manny after last season. But, one thing can he said about the guy, he seems to have the ability to assess where he is weak and 'adjust'. Whether that's getting rid of your first OC hire after just one season, or empowering your support staff to have greater roles in recruiting, he makes necessary adjustments.

This off season alone, he hired a big-name OC, recruited a big-name portal QB, and is cleaning up in recruiting, which I know covid could play a part but remember we went 5-7 and lost to FIU.

Kudos, to manny and the staff on working their butts off when just about everything is working against them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, I hope he turns it around, because I can't handle another season like last season. I sure as **** won't watch year 3 if there aren't improvements.
Oh do trust i do too. Of course i want him to win but seeing is believing. At this point he sucks as a game day coach

Oh do trust i do too. Of course i want him to win but seeing is believing. At this point he sucks as a game day coach
Not only game day, but preparing the team was just nonexistent. If he can't improve in that area, all the talent in the world won't help him. His players won't run through a wall for him. They LIKE him, but they don't fear him. He needs to toughen up and stop all the BS. Dancing, trinkets, and celebration tracking? I swear, those sound like cheerleader camp items, NOT football.

Advertisement
Not only game day, but preparing the team was just nonexistent. If he can't improve in that area, all the talent in the world won't help him. His players won't run through a wall for him. They LIKE him, but they don't fear him. He needs to toughen up and stop all the BS. Dancing, trinkets, and celebration tracking? I swear, those sound like cheerleader camp items, NOT football.
You right man. You right. We lost to teams that miami freshman should beat.

Manny will be judged with wins/losses. That’s what it comes down to in this business. Getting top recruits/transfers is great, the off seasons have been great. All for nothing though if it doesn’t translate to winning actual games.

You're a corch until you're not.

I've loved the off-season, too...but they still gotta play the games and thats where Manny Diaz and his staff have shown who they are up to this point.

New offensive staff has me very hopeful, but you don't take Ls to Louisiana Tech, Florida International, Georgia Tech, Duke, etc. just because your offense is garbage, those are some rotten to the core type Ls that a fun offseason can't always correct.

So, we'll see. This season is going to be tough and we'll find out very early what this team is made of because you've got a ton of very good, well coached teams in the first half of the season. UAB, Louisville, Clemson, Pitt, Virginia all well coached teams. To end the season, you know Georgia Tech and Wake Forest are going to bring everything they've got and then we end the season with UNC - likely for the Coastal. Hold on to your butts.

Advertisement
I'll decide whether to join this chorus on October 10th.
If the litmus test on supporting Manny is the Canes beating Clemson on their home field, then Manny might as well pack his bags. He might pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat and even maybe has a 5% chance of going 10-1, but beating the Tigers away this year ain’t never gonna happen. Never. No chance.

If the litmus test on supporting Manny is the Canes beating Clemson on their home field, then Manny might as well pack his bags. He might pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat and even maybe has a 5% chance of going 10-1, but beating the Tigers away this year ain’t never gonna happen. Never. No chance.
Never say never. I'll judge him based on whether he collapses under pressure. Win, lose, or tie, I want to see us fight for every yard and do everything we can to stop them until time runs out.

That's why I said Clemson. Any coach can beat a lesser team, but a good coach will fight tooth and nail to win the games they shouldn't.

Advertisement
Back