Tnm quote

deel

Banned
Banned
I was rewatching the u part 2 on a plane and the scene that jumped out to me is shalala says, “....we are the new Miami....”

ever since manny took over and made that his opening slogan we were destined to fail.

At first I was excited about manny, but as the season went on and I read this board, manny is learning on the job, as others have stated. if lashlee really does have hc aspirations, I hope the 2nd year is manny’s last and rather give him a chance. Or actually, hope manny is gone mid season. How do you fail to prepare after every bye week and get progressively worse throughout the season. Smh, manny is the worst

Advertisement
1578539960258.gif

I was rewatching the u part 2 on a plane and the scene that jumped out to me is shalala says, “....we are the new Miami....”

ever since manny took over and made that his opening slogan we were destined to fail.

At first I was excited about manny, but as the season went on and I read this board, manny is learning on the job, as others have stated. if lashlee really does have hc aspirations, I hope the 2nd year is manny’s last and rather give him a chance. Or actually, hope manny is gone mid season. How do you fail to prepare after every bye week and get progressively worse throughout the season. Smh, manny is the worst
Finally, somebody cut through all this "analysis" and got to the root of the problem. News flash: it's not Xs and Os or Jimmies and Joes...it's slogans that determine success or failure.

Finally, somebody cut through all this "analysis" and got to the root of the problem. News flash: it's not Xs and Os or Jimmies and Joes...it's slogans that determine success or failure.
And black cleats.

Dress for success.

Advertisement
It's quite simply an investment gap. The Shalala Administration failed to keep up with spending for years. It took many years to get the basketball center built, it took many years to upgrade the athletic center, it took many, many years to get a IPF. Then think of the smaller things that Miami lacked...proper staffing...no nutritionist until the last years of Al Golden. Due to the latter, Miami athletes under Randy Shannon were getting their normal diet from McDonalds.

Miami began spending significantly more starting with Richt and has made investments (and can likely make a great deal further), but they dug themselves a huge hole by running an austerity program from 2006 - 2014.

1578543750465.png

Personal attacks

so I guess you are a manny slurper

go have *** with your mom

Advertisement
Advertisement
Golden had better slogans than Manny.

Good grief! Golden had pillars! Big pillars!

Manny's got . . . no . . . yea - a jewelers phone number.

I think the correlation is correct in that both Manny and Donna were trying to put a PR spin on something negative. Donna, if I'm not mistaken said that in response to the FIU brawl. Manny said it because he was trying to signal to the market that UM was not going to be mediocre anymore.

Bullcrap. It's rings and chains over slogans and slang.

Advertisement
Bullcrap. It's rings and chains over slogans and slang.
Oh come on man. No doubt jewelry is vital to performance on the field, but it's not nearly the most important part. Put it this way: only one guy at a time can wear a chain, but the whole team can keep a slogan in their heart...at the same time.

Oh come on man. No doubt jewelry is vital to performance on the field, but it's not nearly the most important part. Put it this way: only one guy at a time can wear a chain, but the whole team can keep a slogan in their heart...at the same time.
Ohhh, like "don't be a fan later". You might have a point.

Right, the whole team can not be a fan later all at once.
They are doing it so well.

I have to say, back when Golden was talking about pillars, all I could hear in my head was my southern grandmother saying "pillars" when saying "pillows". Weird thing, our team has looked like it was sleeping the last 15 years. Coincidence?

Advertisement
Back