TNM - QB - CB - ENOS - CULTURE

TouchMoney26

Presidente del U
Take on QB's - It seems like Tate is not in a spot to win the job as of now. Didn't really see anything close to being confident as being an accurate QB (just reality for tate fans included myself who wanted/want to win the job) - With that being said who ever Enos picks to start I'm more then happy with. Enos is exactly the coach that we need. 110 Confident in him and all of our QB's against any team.

CB's - Just keeping it real. based off of last year and the scrimmage I do not see Blades making any plays for us- I hope im wrong. Got burnt a few times by rbs to the outside. If politics don't come into play I think couch or williams can help along with Ivey for the 2nd CB spot. (Couch is very skilled and a better db then dent is coming out of HS - I think TC's potential is very high and yes he can help as a freshman)

One again - Enos is the man- Demanding / yelling / passionate. --- I hated how much time we gave the walk on's etc. I hated the fact that the only 2 players going at eachother were Nesta and Campbell. - I was hoping for players to be out there making eachother better and competing - did not see them pushing each other -I was pretty close up and didn't really see or hear much of the players talking to each other. Instead the focus was on being hype about walk on players getting 3 yards . we should care about walk ons and get hype about them - we need to get better and focus on getting eachother better.

*Will guarantee guys like nesta and campbell will be getting noticed this year and will / should be leaders of our team* - NEED THIS TO BE THE WHOLE TEAM.

P.S. Give tate martell an arm sleeve and maybe **** have the confidence to throw more consistent throws and spirals. Lol

Advertisement
Take on QB's - It seems like Tate is not in a spot to win the job as of now. Didn't really see anything close to being confident as being an accurate QB (just reality for tate fans included myself who wanted/want to win the job) - With that being said who ever Enos picks to start I'm more then happy with. Enos is exactly the coach that we need. 110 Confident in him and all of our QB's against any team.

CB's - Just keeping it real. based off of last year and the scrimmage I do not see Blades making any plays for us- I hope im wrong. Got burnt a few times by rbs to the outside. If politics don't come into play I think couch or williams can help along with Ivey for the 2nd CB spot. (Couch is very skilled and a better db then dent is coming out of HS - I think TC's potential is very high and yes he can help as a freshman)

One again - Enos is the man- Demanding / yelling / passionate. --- I hated how much time we gave the walk on's etc. I hated the fact that the only 2 players going at eachother were Nesta and Campbell. - I was hoping for players to be out there making eachother better and competing - did not see them pushing each other -I was pretty close up and didn't really see or hear much of the players talking to each other. Instead the focus was on being hype about walk on players getting 3 yards . we should care about walk ons and get hype about them - we need to get better and focus on getting eachother better.

*Will guarantee guys like nesta and campbell will be getting noticed this year and will / should be leaders of our team* - NEED THIS TO BE THE WHOLE TEAM.

P.S. Give tate martell an arm sleeve and maybe **** have the confidence to throw more consistent throws and spirals. Lol

1 more thing. Enos will take us to the a Natty with Diaz-- Lets go Canes

Tate will be fine and Blades will be a stud.

I had a pretty decent view along the track by the north end zone. I wish our QBS had a chance to attack Ivey, bethel, blades vertically consistently.

All 3 corners passed the eye test but I didn’t see them in a lot of situations where they turned their hips and ran vertically to showcase closing speed/ball skills.

I have confidence in whoever see’s the field but I want to see if they can take advantage of their size/athleticism

Advertisement
I had a pretty decent view along the track by the north end zone. I wish our QBS had a chance to attack Ivey, bethel, blades vertically consistently.

All 3 corners passed the eye test but I didn’t see them in a lot of situations where they turned their hips and ran vertically to showcase closing speed/ball skills.

I have confidence in whoever see’s the field but I want to see if they can take advantage of their size/athleticism
Did bethel actually look good in coverage to you? Guys got speed and size but wasn’t expecting anything until later on tbh

Well some overreaction to the Scrimmage yesterday I see in more than one thread. All I know is that the QB role isn’t settled, nor will be anytime soon. We’re talking into the Summer months and Fall camp before Manolo and Dan decide on who’s leading the team on to the field 8/24 against the Gayturd. I think Blades Jr. will be just fine as either a rotating CB or a starter opposite Bandy, although I think Ivey will have something to say about it before the season begins. All in all it’s as Diaz said, we got a little better but need to get a lot better come the opener. Manny isn’t going to settle nor is Enos, so it’s imperative at least one QB steps up to the plate, if not two so we have either a capable backup or a rotating QB situation (which I’d not prefer). I think we’ll be ok, I want us to continue to trend up as Fall camp gets closer, and that starts in Orlando on Saturday. We continue doing this, we will be fine come Game #1.

Did bethel actually look good in coverage to you? Guys got speed and size but wasn’t expecting anything until later on tbh
Look good no but he belong if that makes sense. He didn’t get embarrassed out there but he didn’t make any plays that made you say wow.

IMO I don’t see him seeing the field minus injuries. Finely and Gilbert looks good at striker. I can see both on the field schematically before bethel gets burn.

Advertisement
I can’t stop wondering if Enos explained to Martell when we were recruiting him here that he was going to completely change not just his mechanics but how he plays the game entirely. It has thrown off his accuracy in a major way. If we had the 2001 OL I would be totally fine with this offensive approach but we don’t have anything close to it. A 3 and 5 step drop with some play action mixed in just isn’t going to be successful with our current personnel. I have no doubt that we will have a very successful offense down the road but right now we need Martell to be Martell not TNM. Hopefully I am wrong. I will celebrate being wrong but I just don’t see it. Feel free to convince me otherwise or show me something I’m not seeing.

Read my post and just thinking about how it normally takes a year or so to implement a new scheme so feeling torn.

Too thick for me. Thanks for posting though!

Advertisement

Honestly hard to tell with all three IMO, but they did fine. The DL is so nasty they didn't have to do a whole lot. I was surprised by Bethel's size. He's ready to play.

Advertisement
Honestly hard to tell with all three IMO, but they did fine. The DL is so nasty they didn't have to do a whole lot. I was surprised by Bethel's size. He's ready to play.
He could be the key to the whole defense. If he emerges as the #3 corner I’d be ecstatic and is a testament to Rumph as a developer

I can’t stop wondering if Enos explained to Martell when we were recruiting him here that he was going to completely change not just his mechanics but how he plays the game entirely. It has thrown off his accuracy in a major way. If we had the 2001 OL I would be totally fine with this offensive approach but we don’t have anything close to it. A 3 and 5 step drop with some play action mixed in just isn’t going to be successful with our current personnel. I have no doubt that we will have a very successful offense down the road but right now we need Martell to be Martell not TNM. Hopefully I am wrong. I will celebrate being wrong but I just don’t see it. Feel free to convince me otherwise or show me something I’m not seeing.

Read my post and just thinking about how it normally takes a year or so to implement a new scheme so feeling torn.

I agree. I'm hoping that a lot of the under center stuff was installed early purposely to give the quarterbacks plenty of time to learn it and we'll see a little more spread stuff later. Enos has said he's only installed about 50% of the offense so I'm not panicking but this drop back, playaction, 80's offense ain't gonna work with this group of linemen.

I agree. I'm hoping that a lot of the under center stuff was installed early purposely to give the quarterbacks plenty of time to learn it and we'll see a little more spread stuff later. Enos has said he's only installed about 50% of the offense so I'm not panicking but this drop back, playaction, 80's offense ain't gonna work with this group of linemen.
Agreed. But, Enos IS using spread concepts. It's about the WR spacing and where the H and Y positions set up and what they do. He's basically running a spread (even Air Raid) from under center. That gives WIlliams the nod because that's what he's used to. Spread the OL more and run it out of the gun and this offense could be wild. I think you're right about running from under center to teach fundamentals and also to help disguise whether the play is run/pass.

Advertisement
Back