Timing is everything

SpikeUM

Head Meshuggah
Premium
Had Golden been fired after last season, who would we have ended up with?

Lets face it, it was luck and Clemson, but the delay in getting rid of Golden ended up being the best thing that could have happened to us.

Advertisement
Some what agree. Our top 4 most likely would have been schiano, mullen, herman, butch. Based on what leaked after the hire of richt. Needless to say if it wasn't ever going to be butch we dodged a major bullet.

Last year we would've hired Butch or stoops....probably stoops would be our coach right now.

Mullen won 10 games last year and had Miss State #1 for 4 weeks during the season.

IMO, it would have been Mullen.

Also of note ... We would not have had to pay a buyout for Mullen, since his current contract is a new contract.

I'd guess Mullen thought we were firing Golden last year ... Since he drug his feet on signing the new contract with Miss State.

But I like the Richt hire better. And having been fired from UGA, I'm hoping that helps with his motivation!

Butch wouldn't have even been considered last year. The BOT didn't warm up to him until this year and Shalala wouldn't have allowed it

Advertisement
Mullen won 10 games last year and had Miss State #1 for 4 weeks during the season.

IMO, it would have been Mullen.

Also of note ... We would not have had to pay a buyout for Mullen, since his current contract is a new contract.

I'd guess Mullen thought we were firing Golden last year ... Since he drug his feet on signing the new contract with Miss State.

But I like the Richt hire better. And having been fired from UGA, I'm hoping that helps with his motivation!

Mullen wouldnt have been hired last year either. Similar reason to Butch.

The midget would have dictated the hire last year. It probably would have ended up being a disaster.

Advertisement
Had Golden been fired after last season, who would we have ended up with?

Lets face it, it was luck and Clemson, but the delay in getting rid of Golden ended up being the best thing that could have happened to us.

Shalala would have had us hiring muschamp2 last year

Advertisement
Advertisement
We're lucky as **** we didn't fire Golden last year. Donna would've been the president for that hire, and we all know how that would've turned out - another 3-4 years of mediocrity. Things happen for a reason.

Had we not fired Golden after the Clemson game and we finish 8-4 (as we did), would Golden still be coach?

Donna would probably have wanted Wario for the sake of cultural diversity.

It's nice to have her gone.

Had we not fired Golden after the Clemson game and we finish 8-4 (as we did), would Golden still be coach?

Good question! My guess is that if we would've lost the Clemson game by, let's say 35-24, AND we finish 8-4, then Al is still our coach. Sure fuccin Glad that didn't happen!!!

Advertisement
Back