Time to redo the uniforms

Advertisement
proxy.php

I can't stand Miami looking like the knockoff version of Oregon South. Above, no friggin feathers needed. (The towel is cool, although optional)
Cue the Oklahoma coin toss gif. You want those guys in feathers?

I woulf never be the one to say this im more new school, these piece of shyts look better than what we have now. Coming from me thats a big fkin thing because i hate the old school things, to someone else these probably look amazing. But thats how bad i think the new ones are, i liked the chromed out **** we had and the black ones this year though. Nike had that **** on smash the last year we wore there ****.

I said our tradition isnt traditional.

We put nike on the CFB map. That was ground breaking. We were one of the first if not the first to get Modern unis around 00 or 99

Point is the OLD way of doing things is OVER. No Butch. No black cleats with white pants/socks (yuck). No cheap coaches. No Al Groh defense from 81. The OB aint comin back. No Shalala choking out the athletic program. No more running from the FACT football is the foundation of everything done at the U....

New millenilum... New look... New coach... New hope

To be honest alot of people liked miami alot of youth because of the uniforms, i remember my boy in 2000 huge fsu fan said yo miami always got slick uniforms one of the best looking team in all of cfb.

We were oregon tjats our tradition to be diverse and soak that hip hop culture

Bunch of Project Runway watchers.

lol...no ****.

I have my uniform preferences too, but I swear...we may have fans that would trade Richt back for Golden if they could have the uniforms exactly the way they want them...smdh.

Kick some a$$...that's all that matters...well that and getting rid of the clown cummerbunds on the new basketball uniforms. 😒

UM

Don't like the feathers, everything else OK. Agree with black socks and cleats as before stated.

None of it matters though, like my old coach used to say, "It's time to get some blood in your eyes". That ish fired us up man.

Advertisement
Hey Coach Richt, I know you need to build out a staff, assess current staff, hit the ground running to fill the recruiting class, re-introduce yourself to the South Florida high school coaches and athletic scene, implement your own strength and conditioning program, meet boosters, try to reinvigorate an apathetic fanbase, move your family, learn what kind of team you are taking over, and figure out the best place for cuban coffee....but we really need to talk about the uniforms.

Advertisement
Wasn't it said that the Adidas deal was a part of the reason why we had this money to spend to hire the first real coach we've had in 15 years? If that's the case I really don't care what they do with the uniforms.

Wasn't it said that the Adidas deal was a part of the reason why we had this money to spend to hire the first real coach we've had in 15 years? If that's the case I really don't care what they do with the uniforms.

Yeah they are giving 4.5 million in cash every year and 4.5 million in apparel and accessories. Anyone b*itching about adidas at this point is a lunatic

Advertisement
No one will care about the uniform when we are destroying other teams.

Speak for yourself. One of the many reasons I fell in love with this program is because of our uniforms. I take pride in our helmets, colors and traditional uniform look. I want us to play AND look like the Miami Hurricanes.

Watching Miami wear black or other helmets taints the game for me. It's stupid and it isn't right.

The problem is.... We Dont have to play in them, KIDS do. The reason why we had new jerseys 2 years in a row is because that is what the kids like.

We arent Bama Penn State Florida USC... We are The U.

There is nothing traditional about us or our tradition. We were always unique as cutting edge.

Let it go. We got alternate unis . we pay big money for a coach and its not 1986

We've had two new uniforms because Nike tried to win us back in 2014 in the final year of their contract after ignoring us for years. Then in 2015 Adidas came in with their own design.

We probably won't see a change for another decade.

That's not how things work there's usually 2-3 year cycles

You can change your jersey every year if you want to.

Yall wanna talk about tradition when we were one of the first teams to change up the way we look and stray from the traditional look, plus kids love the whole oregon look and flashy uniforms

Advertisement
Well, because we got that cash from adidas, we was able to buy out Al Golden and hire a real coach. For that, I am greatful for these unis!

Richt has about 100 other things to worry about and I would imagine uniforms are not 1.

So simple.

Richt: Flake, the unis aren't kewl. Tell Ah-di-dah to give it another try.
Flake: OK.
Richt: I'll check them out in 30 days.
Flake: OK.

Negative ***** looking to be negative ***** being fashion police again.

Just got a good-great coach, spent the big money to do so, got rid of a coach that needed to go and ended the season on a high note yet people here still want to whine and *****. Because they are porsters. They were able to hide under the cloud of I hate Golden for 2 years here, now they show they are who we thought they were --- porsters.

I think we hate the uniforms because we've sucked in them. The more flashy they are, the more embarrassing we play.

We definitely should go back to a traditional style for our main kit. We should keep a blackout and maybe a chrome style similar to what LSU has done. If they are going to do some sort of stylized kit, it should be something culturally relevant to south Florida. Good example is Navy, when they change their uniforms, there's meaning behind it. Put 305 on the thigh or helmet. Schedule a game with Penn St. And go out in chamoflage for old times sake (keep the white helmets though).

Anyone have thoughts on helmet stickers? Richt did them at UGA and FSU. Harbaugh brought them to Michigan. It would be weird to see them on our helmets but the kids would like it.

Advertisement
Back