Time to knuckle up and ignore the B.S

bolomite21

Freshman
If you were starting a business and had to hire employees, would you hire the guy that was hungry, ambitious, and wanted to be there. Somebody that you got to see perform in person and bust their *** in order to get that job? Or would you hire a guy that comes highly recommended because someone put a 5-star rating next to his name, inflating his ego, and driving up his salary demands? The point is, Al is getting guys that want to be here and that's the way it should be.

Why should the staff have to coddle and kiss these recruits asses? Either you want to be here or you don't. Its that simple. And when a guy spurns us for another school, good luck to him, and hopefully we see you on the other side of the field one day. There is no other coach in college football that I would want as the coach at the U. We as fans shouldn't act like little kids that didn't get the toys they wanted on Christmas, every time a guy picks FSU or Florida. Time to stop being afraid of who the other guys got, and instead being happy with the guys we got.

Its shameful to have threads about guys committing elsewhere running 5-10 pages longer then threads about guys we get. Just like everything else in this world that involves money, there is always going to be corruption and shady business going on. Whether its high school coaches, street agents, or 7on7 coaches, there is always going to be someone using these kids for their own personal gains, steering them to the highest bidder. Oh well, so be it. It happens everywhere. When these kids see what is going to happen this year and going into the future, they will be begging for a spot. So let the salty, butt hurt haters hate. Let them try to think they are sabotaging our program. More fuel for the fire. So put the last 10 years behind you, along with the NCAA and prima donna recruits, and look forward to the future.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would like to hire the most talented candidate, which are usually the higher rated players. Then I'd like to get a bj under my desk from my secretary while waiting for my lunch to arrive.

I agree pretty much. You gotta get some of those guys though. I trust Golden to pick the right ones to fight for. It's obvious he isn't down with getting left in the lurch on signing day though. He is proceeding accordingly.

89.gif

Advertisement
If you were starting a business and had to hire employees, would you hire the guy that was hungry, ambitious, and wanted to be there. Somebody that you got to see perform in person and bust their *** in order to get that job? Or would you hire a guy that comes highly recommended because someone put a 5-star rating next to his name, inflating his ego, and driving up his salary demands? The point is, Al is getting guys that want to be here and that's the way it should be. Why should the staff have to coddle and kiss these recruits asses? Either you want to be here or you don't. Its that simple. And when a guy spurns us for another school, good luck to him, and hopefully we see you on the other side of the field one day. There is no other coach in college football that I would want as the coach at the U. We as fans shouldn't act like little kids that didn't get the toys they wanted on Christmas, every time a guy picks FSU or Florida. Time to stop being afraid of who the other guys got, and instead being happy with the guys we got. Its shameful to have threads about guys committing elsewhere running 5-10 pages longer then threads about guys we get. Just like everything else in this world that involves money, there is always going to be corruption and shady business going on. Whether its high school coaches, street agents, or 7on7 coaches, there is always going to be someone using these kids for their own personal gains, steering them to the highest bidder. Oh well, so be it. It happens everywhere. When these kids see what is going to happen this year and going into the future, they will be begging for a spot. So let the salty, butt hurt haters hate. Let them try to think they are sabotaging our program. More fuel for the fire. So put the last 10 years behind you, along with the NCAA and prima donna recruits, and look forward to the future.

You hire the best guy...you ignore the what others say you VETT them yourself and YOU make the final decision, if the 5 star guy is better you go after him and make him YOUR GUY...if the 3 star GUY fits better and you see him achieving 5 star ability with little to no expense ( training, strength, time to grow) then you choose him, its all about how ready a guy or gal is and your investment in that person...

I think I have a great company 30+ years and still doing well...I need an employee in the Atlanta/Charlotte areas, I get 100s of GO GETTERS wanting the position, but I also have a few prima donas that I would like to hire that I feel I can shape into what I want...most likely I will take a 3 star person like you mentioned, due to cost and easier to work with...

Good STUFF..lets keep the football stuff coming!!

Advertisement
Some guys are so talented you are willing take some crap, BUT in the history of THE U, recruits like that never seem to end up being much of anything. We have had top recruits come in and be great, but they all wanted to be here. We also have a long list of guys who were not so well known who have been great. No more Willie Williams please. I agree completely about stopping all the fretting about kids that go elsewhere. Love the ones we get. Just remember one thing, if FSU, UF and THE U all go back to their respective glory days--We win 5 NCs but they at best share 5 in the years we beat ourselves. In the 80's wide right who always had higher ranked recruiting classes than us and it was always "thier year". I think we were like 8 and 2 against their superior stars on the field. For you younger guys, trust me nothing is better than listening to that stupid chant while Playmaker drags Neon Deion into the endzone or watching Bobby's face as yet another one slips away. It is great to be a Miami Hurricane and any 5* that goes elsewhere will NEVER know what it is like!

Good post and I agree with you. Realistically winning will make more kids with stars want to be here. My hope is that Al with *** and his coaching-player development talents will be competitive with Fl/FSU's ****,***** with in my opinion two questionable coaching staffs.

Good post and I agree with you. Realistically winning will make more kids with stars want to be here. My hope is that Al with *** and his coaching-player development talents will be competitive with Fl/FSU's ****,***** with in my opinion two questionable coaching staffs.

Totally agree...

Advertisement
We have a sick class. South Florida is ridiculous this year, and every year. Some guys will get away. OP is right its all about whose coming in

KC is as good an OL as there is in the country, and a solid kid to boot.
Darling is a sure thing, early commit that will stick and start sooner or later
Yearby is the most slept on kid in Florida. I don't know what else he has to do to get some respect, our ***** envy for cook and michel is crazy
Langham looks like a freak to me. Could be the best of the bunch IMO if his head is on right, can't teach that size and fluidity
Valentine is a freaking animal. Haven't had a disruptive DT like that since Wilfork.

Lots of depth, pretty much like all of our takes except maybe some of the camp commits are questionable takes. I trust their scouting ability and we will know a lot more after these kids senior years.

I'm cool with the gusy we have signed up so far. Just keep going after some good defensive players and a another solid running back and this class is set

Advertisement
We have a sick class. South Florida is ridiculous this year, and every year. Some guys will get away. OP is right its all about whose coming in

KC is as good an OL as there is in the country, and a solid kid to boot.
Darling is a sure thing, early commit that will stick and start sooner or later
Yearby is the most slept on kid in Florida. I don't know what else he has to do to get some respect, our ***** envy for cook and michel is crazy
Langham looks like a freak to me. Could be the best of the bunch IMO if his head is on right, can't teach that size and fluidity
Valentine is a freaking animal. Haven't had a disruptive DT like that since Wilfork.

Lots of depth, pretty much like all of our takes except maybe some of the camp commits are questionable takes. I trust their scouting ability and we will know a lot more after these kids senior years.

Not really, he is ranked pretty high everywhere. He is ranked above Cook on scout.

Funny, I saw almost the same post on the UCF boards.

LOL Why the **** you on UCF boards?

I don't. UCF sucks because their recruiting sucks and they can't pull any kids that weren't in love with them from the start.

If you're not dominating you can't be content with just getting kids who have wanted to be on your team from the jump. You have to get the kids that want to go there, pull enough kids from the fence and even pull some kids that didnt want to go there in the first place. (Howard).

Being satisfied just taking those who want to be a Cane and nothing else is a cop out. Think of it as business men trying to pull a deal, not just closing on the deals that were layed out for them for the taking.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back