Time of possession

Miami04

Senior
I was just curious so I looked it up. With Richt as our coach against D1 teams we have won the ToP battle 5 out of 15 games.

It's not a super important stat but interesting.

Advertisement
I was just curious so I looked it up. With Richt as our coach against D1 teams we have won the ToP battle 5 out of 15 games.

We've won 11 out of 15

EDIT: 9-4 last year plus 4-0 this year equals 13-4. We've won 13 out of 17. The lesson today, kids, is never trust OP's math.

EDIT EDIT: Just noticed the D1 qualifier. OP's math may indeed be correct, and apologies may be in order. I will test this hypothesis and report back.

Last edited:

We've won 11 out of 15

EDIT: 9-4 last year plus 4-0 this year equals 13-4. We've won 13 out of 17. The lesson today, kids, is never trust OP's math.

EDIT EDIT: Just noticed the D1 qualifier. OP's math may indeed be correct, and apologies may be in order. I will test this hypothesis and report back.

What the **** are you talking about? I am referring to TIME OF POSSESSION, not actual games. The lesson here may actually be to ignore people who can't read or just sniffed a bunch of glue.

We've won 11 out of 15

What the **** are you talking about? I am referring to TIME OF POSSESSION not actual games.

With all due respect, your opinion is biased and may not be relied on for accuracy.

We need to throw time of possession out the window Saturday.

Score fast. Score often. Up tempo means more plays for us. Make those ***golas play from behind means fewer plays for them.

Advertisement

Score fast. Score often. Up tempo means more plays for us. Make those ***golas play from behind means fewer plays for them.

Really? I'm a fan of our countless slow, methodical scoring drives and how we win by keeping the other team off the field.

Really? I'm a fan of our countless slow, methodical scoring drives and how we win by keeping the other team off the field.

Not sure if sarcastic. But not this week. We gonna get fewer plays BC GT hogs clock. We make it worse by slowing down our own offense too.
No points for winning ball control.

More plays = more points

Advertisement

We've won 11 out of 15

Never has one fitted their name so well : Loose Cannon. Good work

TOP is important to GT but turnovers matter more to us in this game. They will get some yards; we need to take those possessions away from them.

Advertisement
TOP is for dummies stuck in coach'isms and Madden land. Score the fcking football. Then score it some more. Put these facquits on their heels. Don't get caught up in trying to slog the game out and turn it into what they want.

The same way that we don't face an option offense in practice, GT doesn't face a dynamic passing offense. They should have as much trouble defending a dynamic passing offense (as they have no way of replicating one in practice) as we have defending the option.

We need to run an O that gives us as many plays as possible, because we have the talent that will win most battles. We have no need to slow things down. Score and make them play catch up. That will allow our D to tee off on GT. The last thing I want to see is us slowing it down just to protect our D. We are deep on D, and dangerous on O. Just go out there and make plays and we will crush them.

Advertisement

Yep! Spot on, my man!

TOP is for dummies stuck in coach'isms and Madden land. Score the fcking football. Then score it some more. Put these facquits on their heels. Don't get caught up in trying to slog the game out and turn it into what they want.

The same way that we don't face an option offense in practice, GT doesn't face a dynamic passing offense. They should have as much trouble defending a dynamic passing offense (as they have no way of replicating one in practice) as we have defending the option.

Preach preacher!!!

Advertisement
Back