Time of possession...Yikes

Martycane

Sophomore
Wisconsin 39.52 minutes
Miami 20.02

Not sure I’ve ever seen a difference like that.

On the plus side...
Only 20 yards in penalties. (And 5 were on the coach.)
Has to be an all time Canes record...Penalties have declined drastically since the start of the season...

Advertisement
The biggest issue with our D over the last few games has been the offense. When we have an offense that can sustain a drive, then the D will look very different.

Give up third and forevers against a noodle arm , garbage qb and that's what happens. Top is through the roof.

Give up third and forevers against a noodle arm , garbage qb and that's what happens. Top is through the roof.

This.

The offense didn’t do them any favors, but they couldn’t get off the field on third down. That started immediately.

Advertisement
The biggest issue with our D over the last few games has been the offense. When we have an offense that can sustain a drive, then the D will look very different.

These posts are ridiculous. In all of these games, the D has gotten eaten up immediately. Average QBs are having career starts against us. Has nothing to do with the offense st that point.

Wisconsin could barely run the ball and still dominated TOP because of easy short passes and converting almost half of their third downs. When defenses get tired, teams can run the ball down their throat. That wasnt the case in either the Wisconsin or clemson games.

Nope because the defense keep allowing 3rd down conversions

So tired of people blaming the offense for the defense struggles. Yes the offense struggled but the defense has had a hard time getting off the field vs anyone with a pulse. Manny is playing WEfence playing the bend don't break. It's aggravating the trend from Texas where his first year was great and second steadily declining has followed. It's obvious he still can't scheme to stop the run

Wisconsin 39.52 minutes
Miami 20.02

On the plus side...
Has to be an all time Canes record...Penalties have declined drastically since the start of the season...

The last time we played them.

TOP could be deceiving. They took 31 seconds to run a play. We ran a play every 21 seconds.

I look more at 3rd down efficiency more than TOP.
They were 7/15 -46%. Not good.

Advertisement

Nope because the defense keep allowing 3rd down conversions

People keep making excuses for the D , the D was atrocious from the first drive. They made Wis look like the greatest show on turf lol.

So tired of people blaming the offense for the defense struggles. Yes the offense struggled but the defense has had a hard time getting off the field vs anyone with a pulse. Manny is playing WEfence playing the bend don't break. It's aggravating the trend from Texas where his first year was great and second steadily declining has followed. It's obvious he still can't scheme to stop the run

OSU beat us because their DL won the LOS all night long. JT Barrett is not a great QB, but he had the luxury of being a game manager cause he could rely on his defense to get the ball back. He didn't have to take any risks or make any big plays.

Yeah, your QB's not a Heisman candidate, but as the game wore on, he had to force some throws and get out of his comfort zone.

Miami's speed on offense was deadly. But like most football games, it was won and lost in the trenches.

Advertisement
Wisconsin 39.52 minutes
Miami 20.02

On the plus side...

Do you seriously think 20 yards in penalties would be an all time Canes record? I'm gonna have to Google that one...

Wisconsin 39.52 minutes
Miami 20.02

On the plus side...

Do you seriously think 20 yards in penalties would be an all time Canes record? I'm gonna have to Google that one...

202 yards in the 1991 eclipses last night, and I feel like Golden and Shannon led teams easily went over 20 yards in many games...

Advertisement
Back