Time for the true freshmen to shine

grover

Senior
Premium
There is no reason that every one of them except Tae (injured) doesn't get at least a few snaps. I'm looking for one of the freshmen WRs to stake his claim as the starter going forward, with Dunson and Balom being worked into the rotation at DB. I know a lot of people are high on Flagg, and he's getting some snaps already. Who else emerges as a legit rotational player?

Certain to Play:
RB: Knighton and Chaney
WR: Redding and Smith
Returns: Restrepo and Knighton

Probable to Play:
WR: Restrepo
LB: Flagg
RG: Jalen Rivers
CB: Dunson
S: Balom

Should all get snaps:
QB: TVD
WR: Worsham
TE: Mammarelli
OT: Washington
DE: Quentin Williams and Chantz Williams
DT: Elijah Roberts
LB: Cave
CB: Clarke
S: Harrell and Washington

Advertisement
I saw Balom and hopefully its a while before we thrust him into meaningful snaps again.
He had that one blown coverage, where we got lucky with the drop.

Other than that I didn't see much from him in that half, could that be a good thing? Honest question, anyone dial in on his play?

Slow your roll buddy. Let’s win the game and see where it is late before we start thinking it’s going to be a blowout and everyone should get snaps

Close game or not, we need to work them onto the field.

Advertisement
Wow... You’d think with all those Freshmans you have getting PT today that we’re playing FIU or something.... oh, wait..... I am for playing those guys, might as well work them in when we can.

Close game or not, we need to work them onto the field.

Which ones? Not all the ones listed. Only freshmen that need to see the field if it’s a close game is Knighton, Chaney, Smith, Redding, Flagg. No other freshmen deserve snaps right now that I can think of.

Isn’t OP part of the bit time mope I hate Manny squad? Interesting how he would be gassing people up into thinking that we should blow these dudes out and empty the bench.

I wonder if this to set up his whining and complaining later if his scenario doesn’t come to fruition.

when was the last time we blew the doors off UVA? Have we ever?

Advertisement
Offensive staff has shown they will put freshmen in. Trust their judgement a lot more than the wishes of cis posters

Isn’t OP part of the bit time mope I hate Manny squad? Interesting how he would be gassing people up into thinking that we should blow these dudes out and empty the bench.

I wonder if this to set up his whining and complaining later if his scenario doesn’t come to fruition.

Of course it is a set up.... “I saw everything I needed to about Manny when he didn’t empty the bench against UVA”

Meanwhile:

Who or what is OP? I’m still new here

Advertisement
He had that one blown coverage, where we got lucky with the drop.

Other than that I didn't see much from him in that half, could that be a good thing? Honest question, anyone dial in on his play?
Reminded me of watching Robert Knowles at safety. No I don't think they are the same at least not yet. He took bad angles and a couple erratic throws spared him from causing more harm. I'm sure he can improve but safety is not a position you want guys figuring it out on the fly.

Advertisement

You have me confused with someone else. And don't be an ******* calling people mopes. This mope and slurper name calling stuff is for 13 year olds.

I just want to see us play these guys more. I wish Brooks had played more last year so he would be more ready to go to start this year. I wish Couch and the CB who transfered, Williams, had played more, as well. Hopefully the reasons are obvious.

I think you can rotate kids in if your thoughtful about it.

Which ones? Not all the ones listed. Only freshmen that need to see the field if it’s a close game is Knighton, Chaney, Smith, Redding, Flagg. No other freshmen deserve snaps right now that I can think of.

Restrepo saw snaps against Pitt, at least that's what I understood from Macho's post. Mammarelli saw a few snaps. I want to see them get more.

Dunson had the fake punt open field tackle on STs. I want so see him get some time at CB. I definitely want to see more of Roberts. And TVD has to get a series in a game if he's to be our future.

Advertisement
Back