Tim Reynolds Tweet

Is it a major coincidence that the largest home winning streak in NFL and NCAA history took place at the OB? I can assure you one thing, the OB played a major role in many of our victories. I witnessed it countless times.

Do you realize that both teams were also dominant on the road during those home winning streaks? In other words, they were just plain good, no matter where they played. If you would like, I could easily pull up some seasons in which the Dolphins and Hurricanes sucked at home. I'll give you a hint: they also sucked on the road in those seasons. It's not the stadium, bro.

Advertisement
Anyone not happy about this is way out of touch or lives in palm beach and likes the quick commute via turnpike. Beckham stadium is happening and UM would be nuts to pass on a partnering opportunity.

Is it a major coincidence that the largest home winning streak in NFL and NCAA history took place at the OB? I can assure you one thing, the OB played a major role in many of our victories. I witnessed it countless times.

Do you realize that both teams were also dominant on the road during those home winning streaks? In other words, they were just plain good, no matter where they played. If you would like, I could easily pull up some seasons in which the Dolphins and Hurricanes sucked at home. I'll give you a hint: they also sucked on the road in those seasons. It's not the stadium, bro.

Reading comprehension isn't your strongest suit.

Nor yours.

Stadiums have little, if anything, to do with winning. If that was the case, ND, Michigan, Tennessee, and UF would be national champs every year.

Nor yours.

Stadiums have little, if anything, to do with winning. If that was the case, ND, Michigan, Tennessee, and UF would be national champs every year.

Please show me where I said stadiums win games. No ones said that; however, I did say they play a role in the outcome. Obviously if you have a ****** team, stadiums are irrelevant, but if the teams are equal or close to equal, home field advantage plays a major role. This really is common sense. If you attended games at the OB or the Swamp you would understand it's tough to win there.

Continue on with your negative antics on the board. You really are the guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Im guessing they will have an "agreement in place" type of announcement that will likely be a 5-7 year plan to build a new stadium. Donna just needs something to go out on a positive note.

Nor yours.

Please show me where I said stadiums win games. No ones said that; however, I did say they play a role in the outcome. Obviously if you have a ****** team stadiums are irrelevant, but if the teams are equal or close to equal, home field advantage plays a big role. This really is common sense. If you attended games at the OB or the Swamp you would understand it's tough to win there.

Continue on with your negative antics on the board. You really are the guy.

I don't have any "negative antics." I'm just suggesting that you should try to look at things logically and intelligently once in a while.

You asked "Is it a major coincidence that the largest home winning streak in NFL and NCAA history took place at the OB?"

The answer is yes, it is a major coincidence. The teams that won in the OB would have won in Dolphin Stadium just the same. They would have won wherever our home field was. It just so happened that the OB was our home at the time when we had the most dominant coaches and players in CFB.

As nice as it is to believe in the magic of the OB, the OB didn't make FSU miss FGs against us. It didn't make Edge James light it up against UCLA. It didn't make Tom Osborne go for 2 and Kenny Calhoun knock down the pass. I was there for the each of the FSU games, as well as many other memorable moments in the OB (and the Swamp and Doak and many other stadiums around the south), and while it's awesome to have been part of that electric environment, neither the physical structure of the stadium nor the environment within it is responsible for our winning streak.

What it boils down to is that those UM teams would have won just as many games in Sun Life or whatever the **** it's called. Those teams were head and shoulders better than 99% of the teams they played, and for the other 1% of the time, in the big games against FSU, VT, Oklahoma, etc, the Sun Life environment could have provided just as much of a home field advantage if 75k UM fans packed the house.

The OB would not have improved our record over the last decade, either. You take a team coached by Shannon or by Golden and D'Onofrio and put them in the OB, and I can pretty much guarantee you that our record turns out the same as it was in Sun Life. Sun Life isn't why Jacory threw tons of picks in big games. It's not the reason D'Onofio's defense gets shredded against any team with a pulse. We'd be just as crappy in the OB as we are at Sun Life.

Last edited:
While I agree that the stadium didn't make the teams great, the atmosphere and excitement in a stadium built for football is undeniable.
Has the layout for Beckham's stadium Ben posted?

Advertisement

While rational thought and logical arguments are not your strongest suit. Show me where the Orange Bowl played an actual role in our home winning streak, since you wrote "I can assure you one thing, the OB played a major role in many of our victories."

Until you come up with some actual evidence, spare me the juvenile "reading comprehension" posts.

With the renovations going into Sun Life Stadium UM would be crazy to leave. I hope this is just a ploy to gain more leverage with Stephen Ross/Dolphins to get them to sweeten the Sun life arrangement and possibly kick in some money for a UM Indoor practice facility.

Go Canes

Epic level stupidity in this post.

The Cubs suck in Wrigley, they would suck outside of Wrigley. but Without Wrigley the Cubs wouldnt be the Cubs.

The Hurricanes are not the Canes at SunLife. They need a facility in Miami and soon.

No, it was not a major coincidence. The home winning streak was a result of the hard work of great coaches and players like Jimmy Johnson and Jerome Brown for example. The home winning streak would've happened no matter where those teams of the 80s and 90s had been playing their home games. You are basically saying an inanimate object played an actual role in Miami winning games... that is tantamount to believing in magic.

If the Orange Bowl held such power, why was it unable to help all the coaches prior to Schnellenberger? Why didn't it help Coker?

I miss the Orange Bowl just as much as anyone but the great Miami coaches and players made the Orange Bowl what it was, not the other way around.

Last edited:
Advertisement

The Cubs suck in Wrigley, they would suck outside of Wrigley. but Without Wrigley the Cubs wouldnt be the Cubs.

The Hurricanes are not the Canes at SunLife. They need a facility in Miami and soon.

This man gets it. He's got his priorities straight. He's OK with us being losers as long as we do it in a stadium he approves.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back