Tim Irvin 247 Update

College football all around the country was a little bit watered down this weekend with plenty of FCS and non-BCS schools on the schedule of major programs. Miami was in a similar situation with their matchup against Florida A&M, a somewhat unlikely draw for top prospects. But Westminster Christian athlete Tim Irvin was in Sun Life Stadium to watch the Hurricanes’ home opener.

-Says “I went to see more of the defense and how they work,” “I thought they looked pretty good out there, they can be nasty sometimes. They run to the ball and they came to play. They have some talent at safety and I know some of those guys. They told me how everything is going and how they compete to get things done.”

-Irvin (5-9, 186) arrived early because he also took an interest in some of the pre-game activities. He walked away quite satisfied in that regard.

-Says “I wanted to find out about how the coaches act with the players,” “Coach Golden was getting everybody hyped before the game. Each of the position coaches seemed like they were really in tune with their group. That’s a big plus.”

-has been a top priority for the staff since the very early stages and they reiterated that before their 41-7 victory over the Rattlers.

-Says “I was down on the field before the game talking with some of them,” “They stressed how I could make an impact and be a big name in their recruiting class. They really want me and they’ve always been honest about that. They proved that by doing whatever they can to get me.”

-has become a big enough name on the high school scene that even the Miami fans are doing their part in attempting to convince him.

-Says “Every time I walk into the stadium, I get somebody saying ‘Oh Irvin, you got to make plays for us’,” “I still think it’s crazy how many people recognize me. I feel like it gets worse each time I go out there.”

-brought along a high profile guest to observe the proceedings. It’s a name that everybody in recruiting circles is very familiar with.

-Says “Devonaire Clarington was out there with me, I invited him to come actually,” “I told him he should be there because I had an extra ticket. We were talking about what type of place we want to play at and how things might end up working out.”

-Says he hopes to make as many Miami home games as possible but that there are no leaders in his recruitment.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Tim-Irvin-Returns-to-Familiar-Surroundings-30958523

Advertisement
Says he hopes to make as many Miami home games as possible but that there are no leaders in his recruitment.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Cane lock.

College football all around the country was a little bit watered down this weekend with plenty of FCS and non-BCS schools on the schedule of major programs. Miami was in a similar situation with their matchup against Florida A&M, a somewhat unlikely draw for top prospects. But Westminster Christian athlete Tim Irvin was in Sun Life Stadium to watch the Hurricanes’ home opener.

-Says “I went to see more of the defense and how they work,” “I thought they looked pretty good out there, they can be nasty sometimes. They run to the ball and they came to play. They have some talent at safety and I know some of those guys. They told me how everything is going and how they compete to get things done.”

-Irvin (5-9, 186) arrived early because he also took an interest in some of the pre-game activities. He walked away quite satisfied in that regard.

-Says “I wanted to find out about how the coaches act with the players,” “Coach Golden was getting everybody hyped before the game. Each of the position coaches seemed like they were really in tune with their group. That’s a big plus.”

-has been a top priority for the staff since the very early stages and they reiterated that before their 41-7 victory over the Rattlers.

-Says “I was down on the field before the game talking with some of them,” “They stressed how I could make an impact and be a big name in their recruiting class. They really want me and they’ve always been honest about that. They proved that by doing whatever they can to get me.”

-has become a big enough name on the high school scene that even the Miami fans are doing their part in attempting to convince him.

-Says “Every time I walk into the stadium, I get somebody saying ‘Oh Irvin, you got to make plays for us’,” “I still think it’s crazy how many people recognize me. I feel like it gets worse each time I go out there.”

-brought along a high profile guest to observe the proceedings. It’s a name that everybody in recruiting circles is very familiar with.

-Says “Devonaire Clarington was out there with me, I invited him to come actually,” “I told him he should be there because I had an extra ticket. We were talking about what type of place we want to play at and how things might end up working out.”

-Says he hopes to make as many Miami home games as possible but that there are no leaders in his recruitment.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Tim-Irvin-Returns-to-Familiar-Surroundings-30958523

Last edited:
Advertisement
It doesn't really matter because he'll either be a Cane or not, but at this juncture he's far from a lock.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back