Coaching Tim Harris Jr gone, back to UCF as OC

Very low chance of that happening. Harris left for an expanded role so I can't see Mario bringing in a sitting OC to pair with Dawson.

Advertisement
This is a name that was brought up when Mario was looking for an OC (post Gattis), and, he supposedly was interviewed by Mario, before he hired Dawson. Hes currently an OC, whose offenses have led FCS. He has experience coaching RBs and should be able to help Dawson, if needed. His name was also brought up on Late Kick as one of time top assistants, period, in College football.

Christian Taylor - William & Mary OC

We don't need another 'recruiter'. Mario and NIL are our leverage in recruiting. We need proven COACHES! It would be nice to have someone on the offensive coaching staff with some experience leading a successful offense
I love this recommendation. Unfortunately, I doubt he would come here to coach RBs. RB is the bottom of the coaching hierarchy in an offensive room. Typically young guys getting their feet wet looking to pad the resume and are recruiters. He played QB, started coaching RBs and quickly transferred to QBs.

If we had a QB coach opening and Dawson was coaching receivers and RBs then I could see it happening.

No. That room has been terrible the last couple years outside of Gibbs.
What are you talking about? Brian Robinson, Gibbs, and then McClellan was who hurt half the year and Roydell Williams. There’s not a single RB that Miami has/had that is better than any of those guys.

Do I need to remind you what he did for Carter and Williams at UNC? He would be a massive pickup here. He’s 4 for his last 4 in getting guys to the NFL and on rosters.

Not that we need anyone else off the Harbaugh tree but some talk on the interwebs that Mike Hart and Michigan may be heading for a split

Advertisement
Other thread says Dennis The Menace Smith is a candidate
This Is Bad Uh Oh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Advertisement
You guys can give up on the idea of hiring an X and O guy for a position coach. This position is for someone who wants to cut their teeth as a p4 mega recruiter. Mario wants relentless recruiters who are looking to move up the ladder. There’s no interest in grooming an OC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back