Coaching Tim Harris Jr gone, back to UCF as OC

Advertisement
No Way Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

Anyone hearing anything on replacements?

I’d love to get a shot at Jay Boulware to handle RB and STs also a very good recruiter - recruited Trey Sermon, Rhanondre Stevenson, and Rambo

Advertisement
Here is my name for the RB coach, a bit of a long shot but I think it would be a smart hire for many reasons.

Kevin Johns, former Duke OC. Mainly a QB/WR guy but he coached RB at Northwestern 15 years ago (lol). He finished second for the OC job at Iowa, I think the Hawkeyes made a huge mistake.

Here is my name for the RB coach, a bit of a long shot but I think it would be a smart hire for many reasons.

Kevin Johns, former Duke OC. Mainly a QB/WR guy but he coached RB at Northwestern 15 years ago (lol). He finished second for the OC job at Iowa, I think the Hawkeyes made a huge mistake.
Would Dawson want another certified OC on staff? Not sure that would be best for staff synergy

Would Dawson want another certified OC on staff? Not sure that would be best for staff synergy
We need all the help we can get, if Dawson bolts you have the replacement already on staff without going for a full 4 months coordinator search.

There are HCs accepting position coaching jobs at big programs, I don’t see that as a problem.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is a name that was brought up when Mario was looking for an OC (post Gattis), and, he supposedly was interviewed by Mario, before he hired Dawson. Hes currently an OC, whose offenses have led FCS. He has experience coaching RBs and should be able to help Dawson, if needed. His name was also brought up on Late Kick as one of time top assistants, period, in College football.

Christian Taylor - William & Mary OC

We don't need another 'recruiter'. Mario and NIL are our leverage in recruiting. We need proven COACHES! It would be nice to have someone on the offensive coaching staff with some experience leading a successful offense

This is a name that was brought up when Mario was looking for an OC (post Gattis), and, he supposedly was interviewed by Mario, before he hired Dawson. Hes currently an OC, whose offenses have led FCS. He has experience coaching RBs and should be able to help Dawson, if needed. His name was also brought up on Late Kick as one of time top assistants, period, in College football.

We don't need another 'recruiter'. Mario and NIL are our leverage in recruiting. We need proven COACHES! It would be nice to have someone on the offensive coaching staff with some experience leading a successful offense
Great name, he run a fun and creative offense at W&M.

Bruce Feldman wrote an article about him a couple of years ago.

I’d love to have someone who, eventually, could be promoted to OC in the future.

Advertisement

I mean, that was my first thought when I heard he was passed over at Iowa. Duke's running game was great.

Advertisement

He runs a fun offense. Using triple-option stuff too.

Advertisement
Back