Tim Burns

I actually posted we had zero corners a few weeks ago and had to play it off when people mentioned burns. Honestly I thought he’d already “ decommitted”. This wasn’t a shock.

Sorry to other people mentioning me and I’m not responding. I’m not on much lately and been very busy.

Advertisement
We have 5 on the roster now. If Blades bails we need 2-3. 3 would be nice but if Blades stays I’m ok with 2.

I think we need to bail on the "if Blades bails" talk.

I love the Miami kids and I want them to succeed, but I think Blades has been way too inconsistent to justify leaving early. And I think he knows it. And among all our players, I think he is in the least amount of need for money.

I actually posted we had zero corners a few weeks ago and had to play it off when people mentioned burns. Honestly I thought he’d already “ decommitted”. This wasn’t a shock.

Sorry to other people mentioning me and I’m not responding. I’m not on much lately and been very busy.
Any elaboration for why this happened? Do we have any others lined up?

Advertisement
Any elaboration for why this happened? Do we have any others lined up?

Let's try being secretive for a few months. I cannot imagine NOT having others lined up, if you take the extreme and unpopular step of cutting loose a long-time verbal.

Savion is still on our verbal list, right?

Advertisement
Seen this today if it helps.
Screenshot (54).png

Last edited by a moderator:
If staff didn’t pull the offer then why’s he mad? This is a weird situation that makes no sense for the reasons raised. Yesterday I said we’re probably better off waiting to see what happens. Today... is still yesterday.

Jason Marshall coming on signing day trolling the Gators

I mean that would be hilarious

Jason Marshall coming on signing day trolling the Gators

I mean that would be hilarious
It would be funny. Right now I’m more worried about the spillover effect, if any, from whatever just happened with Burns. I’m trying really hard not to jump to conclusions and blame staff yet. I really hope that it isn’t as simple as dropping a long-standing loyal commit/ school/ family... etc. There’s something missing. It can’t be as dumb of a miscalculation at this point in the timeline as that. And then again, with our luck, it could.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Do you think this is because bigger fish to fry or big mistake?

Btw how can anyone defend Rumph's recruiting when he himself said he essentially sucks at it

He even met with Dr. Eric Goldstein, UM’s sports psychologist

So when someone does something to get better, we should destroy them for it?

Advertisement
Back