Tight End U

Advertisement
I hope our new OC continues to feature the tight end
I was Going to make a thread about it today but as you have said I truly Hope they are featured better. Our guys may have put up stats but still were underutilized recently. Look at the type of routes we had them running, nearly all of their receptions were short yardage routes and we had them running routes in the flats a lot on those swing passes. They need to be used down the field more to get them even more mistmatches. Linebackers and even most safeties can’t cover them man

Advertisement
I was Going to make a thread about it today but as you have said I truly Hope they are featured better. Our guys may have put up stats but still were underutilized recently. Look at the type of routes we had them running, nearly all of their receptions were short yardage routes and we had them running routes in the flats a lot on those swing passes. They need to be used down the field more to get them even more mistmatches. Linebackers and even most safeties can’t cover them man
Agreed. Most coastal linebackers don’t have the athleticism to handle elite tight ends.

Advertisement

There was quite a few occasions where Brevin was open on doper routes our QB’s just failed to find them.

Advertisement
Hopefully the new OC and TE coach maximize the superior talent we have in Jordan and Mallory to our advantage. Because there’s hardly any defense that can scheme against them successfully if they are properly used. Having both in the game, along with 3 WR’s would really spread them out and work different parts of the field. I’m excited for the possibilities of what our new offense will look once the hiring shave all been announced.

Said when he came here, Jordan will be the best TE to ever come through, and he will. Watch!

Advertisement
Very talented young men. Let's get about 1,000 receiving yards out of each of them in '19.
Think before you post. Check to see when the last time a college tight end amassed 1000yds in a season. Very rarely happens. But you want both of our TE’s to do it. Amazing.

Advertisement
Back