Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 12/6

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
**It seems Miami is losing ground on RB DJ Williams. According to a source close to the recruitment, Miami is still in the game, but Williams is favoring Georgia and Auburn over the Canes right now. Apparently, these schools are selling Williams on better offensive line play than the Hurricanes, and the pitch seems to be hitting home with the Sebring back. Clemson is also beginning to get involved here as well. Mark Richt and Thomas Brown are scheduled to go in-home with Williams today, so Miami will have a chance to gain some ground here.

**Although his Crystal Ball currently favors Georgia, confidence is apparently high inside of Hecht that Miami will eventually land Tyrique Stevenson. A program source feels UM is close to locking the Miami Southridge star up, but just needs to get mom 100% on board. Miami thinks they’ll be able to do that on his official visit, which will be the final weekend before early signing day. Bottom line, I’m not as confident in my Georgia pick here and could be close to flipping to UM depending on what chatter comes out of his OV weekend.

**I continue to hear very positive things on Jadon Haselwood to Miami from a source close to the recruitment and I’ve heard nothing to make me change my UM pick here. It’s shocking to me that he has not even locked in an official visit to any of Auburn, Tennessee, or Georgia, schools thought to be Miami’s main competition a month ago. Haselwood is making his announcement on Jan. 5th and time is really running out for other schools to make a move, as the dead period begins in less than two weeks (Dec. 17-Jan. 10). As I’ve said, if someone is going to overtake Miami at this point, it would be UGA, and the Bulldogs are the most likely to get an OV these last two weeks. Still, confidence from Miami’s side has never been higher.

**Sources are mixed on Keon Zipperer right now between Miami and UF. It seems like he’s telling different people different things, so this recruitment is going to be hard to get a read on as things get down to the wire. With all else being equal, I’m leaning towards the Gators as of now, but hopefully things become more clear after Zipperer takes his officials to UF and Miami these next two weeks.

**Much has been made about Miami LB commit Avery Huff’s recent flirtation with Florida State. The St. Thomas Aquinas star hosted FSU coaches for an in-home visit last week and told them he would take an official visit in the final few weeks before the early signing period. However, from what I’ve been told, that visit to Tallahassee is unlikely to happen. Huff will be in Orlando on Friday for the State Championship game and plans on staying in Orlando through the weekend with his family. The following weekend, he is planning on being in Miami to take his official visit with the majority of his classmates before the dead period kicks in. The only possibility of going to FSU would be to take a mid-week visit next week. In addition, Huff recently told me his commitment to Miami was “still strong”. Expect him to sign with Miami in 2 weeks.

**2020 Woodbridge (VA) LB Antoine Sampah had a planned visit to UM a few weeks ago, but was unable to make the trip due to travel issues. After talking with the standout linebacker, Sampah made clear that he is “definitely” coming for a spring visit to see Coral Gables, even if he has to fly. Sampah previously told CIS that Miami was in his top 8 schools. The Canes absolutely have the 5-star’s interest and it will be intriguing to see how this relationship progresses.

**The Canes are set to host a loaded official visit weekend. The 7 confirmed visitors include: OC Jakai Clark, DE Justin Eboigbe, DT Jason Munoz, DT Derick Hunter, LB Anthony Solomon, CB John Dixon, and S Martin Emerson. Both Solomon and Munoz are participating in the State Championship game for St. Thomas in Orlando on Friday and are expected in Miami on Saturday morning; however, they could end up moving their OV to the following weekend as well if travel plans don’t work out. Follow all the official visit action with our OV tracker *here*.

**In-home visits that are scheduled for today include: RB DJ Williams with Richt and Brown, RB Jalen Mitchell with Diaz and Banda, DT Derick Hunter with Richt and Banda, and LB OC Brothers with Diaz and Banda. Follow the action with our in-home visit tracker *here*.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Considering the way things have been going....we ain't gettin no one. Except for some random 2 or 3 star players with offers from FAU, Temple, and Ball State that we jumped on in the last week of signing day.

Not even trying to be doom and gloom for no reason. It just literally feels this is going to be a massive failure of a class.

Advertisement
Considering the way things have been going....we ain't gettin no one. Except for some random 2 or 3 star players with offers from FAU, Temple, and Ball State that we jumped on in the last week of signing day.

Not even trying to be doom and gloom for no reason. It just literally feels this is going to be a massive failure of a class.
I dont think Hasslewood Steveson or Bogle are basic 2 or 3 stars

Look im far from the whining, moaning, depressing fan but I will say this I have said Searles is OK with me for a while but im close to just throwing him out too. When schools do this it won't affect a kid much unless you aren't convincing yourself especially Auburn who's oline was lowkey very very bad and Homer is still about to get over 1,000 yards with UM almost havjng 300 yards rushing the final 2 games that's Searles not beating it in Williams head. Now we'll get our fair share of guys who'll do work I'm not worried but that Williams update for me is telling

Advertisement
It would be a huge statement if they steal Haselwood. I just don't see it happening despite all the smoke. Playing for the home team, national contender, future all american qb, and top receivers are probably declaring. But we shall see

Last edited:
Stef since Washington and Emerson seem pretty close and live close is it possible that they travel together for Emersons ov this weekend?

Advertisement
It would be a huge statement if they steal Haselwood. I just don't see it happening despite all the smoke. Playing for the home team, national contender, future all american qb, and top receivers are probably declaring. But we shall see

you don't see it happening bc of anything or just bc your opinion? believe it or not, some kids still like miami lol and he seems to be one of them. its still recruiting so a lot can happen, but this hasn't been a secret

Advertisement
Back