Punt returns

21st, 12 yds per return

Punt return defense

41st, 6 yds per return

Advertisement
Per NCAA.com

Tackles for loss

1st, 10.1 TLFL pg

Despite all the negativity surrounding the offense, that single stat right there is what all of us Canes fans have been wanting to see for a very, very long time. Enough praise can't be given to Manny Diaz for doing exactly what he set out to do, attack the LOS.

Coach Kool also deserves just as much if not more credit for doing what he has done in the very short time he has had this DLine under his wing.

Advertisement
Our offensive stats are still inflated. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the 90-100 range unless something drastic changes

would love to see these stats in ACC games only compared to FAMU, FAU and APPST

The offensive stats don't look as bad as you'd expect. Statistically the problems, as usual, are 3rd down and red zone %. For some reason we still can't get a few yards when we need them. 25 yds on 3rd down from our own 20? Sure, no problem. Third and 3 or anything from inside the opponent's 20? Not so much.

And just for fun, look at that punt return ranking, maybe berries isn't so bad.

Advertisement
The offensive stats don't look as bad as you'd expect. Statistically the problems, as usual, are 3rd down and red zone %. For some reason we still can't get a few yards when we need them. 25 yds on 3rd down from our own 20? Sure, no problem. Third and 3 or anything from inside the opponent's 20? Not so much.

Uh, yeah they do. Take away FAMU, FAU, and App St, I'm willing to bet my bottom $ that would we be ranked a lot lower than this. Take away those 3 games, our offense has scored 21, 19, 13, 16 points. I don't even wanna get in to the rushing avgs these last 4 games.

They don't look bad because they're severely padded stats given our first 3 opponents.

The unfortunate part of this statistical evaluation is that we'll likely finish with terrible defensive stats because of the dismissals and decimation via injury. They'll look like Doritos stats by the end of the year.

Offense will need to do its part from here out to get us bowl eligible.

Vs Power 5:

81- Total Offense
79- Scoring Offense
102- Rushing Offense
43- Passing Offense
104- Sacks Allowed
106- 3rd Down Conversions

Advertisement
Yards Per Play

Offense: 12th
Defense: 13th

After discussing these stats last week it is glaring that we are ranked so highly in yards per play but cannot score points...due to an inability to convert on 3rd down and keep the offense on the field

I have been on the "Richt needs to change his ways" bandwagon - and I still do feel that way (but actually feel hopeful that he will) - but the 3rd down and Red Zone inefficiency have been a constant with Kaaya as the triggerman no matter who is calling plays. 107th in 3rd down conversions and 84th in RZ efficiency in 2015. 95th and 89th in 2014.

That tells more of a story than any of our other offensive stats IMO.

I truly thought Kaaya was the guy...I, like all of you, need something to give me hope for the future...but after watching the same old story play out time and time again, the reality has begun to set in. Kaaya is our biggest issue. If he is our QB next year I don't forsee that anything will change.

Last edited:
Advertisement

They don't look bad because they're severely padded stats given our first 3 opponents.

The unfortunate part of this statistical evaluation is that we'll likely finish with terrible defensive stats because of the dismissals and decimation via injury. They'll look like Doritos stats by the end of the year.

Offense will need to do its part from here out to get us bowl eligible.

No doubt they'll get worse, but they literally can't get as bad as Doritos. If they don't get another TFL or sack the rest of the year, they'll still be better than any team dorito had. Also, unlike with Doritos, they show signs of life. You can see the possibility that they'll improve in the coming years.

Yards Per Play

Offense: 12th
Defense: 13th

After discussing these stats last week it is glaring that we are ranked so highly in yards per play but cannot score points...due to an inability to convert on 3rd down and keep the offense on the field

I have been on the "Richt needs to change his ways" bandwagon - and I still do feel that way (but actually feel hopeful that he will) - but the 3rd down and Red Zone inefficiency have been a constant with Kaaya as the triggerman no matter who is calling plays. 107th in 3rd down conversions and 84th in RZ efficiency in 2015. 95th and 89th in 2014.

That tells more of a story than any of our other offensive stats IMO.

I truly thought Kaaya was the guy...I, like all of you, need something to give me hope for the future...but after watching the same old story play out time and time again, the reality has begun to set in. Kaaya is our biggest issue. If he is our QB next year I don't forsee that anything will change.

I keep trying to tell whoever will listen those are the two most important stats to me in regards to our offense ( 3rd down efficiency and red zone efficiency). Kaaya sux at both of em

Uh, yeah they do. Take away FAMU, FAU, and App St, I'm willing to bet my bottom $ that would we be ranked a lot lower than this. Take away those 3 games, our offense has scored 21, 19, 13, 16 points. I don't even wanna get in to the rushing avgs these last 4 games.

Take away whatever you want, they still aren't that bad all things considered. Come to think of it, don't. Don't take any games away until other teams figure their stats that way. I'm sure bama and osu don't count the stats from the patties they play right?

Advertisement
Back