Three true freshmen as OL backups

Freshman
Banned
Advertisement
Does Searels get all the blame or some in Golden? Next year there a no excuses for the coaches. That gives them 4 years of recruiting even if the first year was on short notice. It’s all on them at this point moving forward.

Advertisement
The only Fr OL I would say is being forced into being a backup due to bad evals and recruiting from the past is JCampbell. I don't care what the depth looked like you are crazy if you think Reed and Scaife wouldn't be backups. They are studs. Alex Leatherwood was the backup OT for Bama last year and I don't think anyone would accuse Bama of having bad OL recruiting. You are not going to keep Reed and Scaife off the field.

Finally recruiting some quality depth. Some of those people who have been here for a while maybe should start looking to transfer.
Who are you talking about ? And you are going off a depth chart after the second scrimmage with 2 weeks left before the first game.

The o line starting line up and guys rotating in will definitely change from now until mid season.

Advertisement
Who are you talking about ? And you are going off a depth chart after the second scrimmage with 2 weeks left before the first game.

The o line starting line up and guys rotating in will definitely change from now until mid season.
He may mean people like Milo, Brown and possibly Dykstra. Do not get a tampon up your bung hole he was just epressing an opinion and not a fact.

He may mean people like Milo, Brown and possibly Dykstra. Do not get a tampon up your bung hole he was just epressing an opinion and not a fact.
Well Milo and Brown haven’t done anything here so they will probably leave anyways next year. Dykstra should have never had an offer here. I think 99% of people here knew those three wouldn’t play here. So I’m not disagreeing with that.

Others have been writing off Herbert and Hillary when they have been here for one year. So that’s why I asked who he is talking about. Let the man speak before thinking I was jumping on him for his opinion.

I think Brown would have contributed if not injured. He was a #2 who previously was #1 last Spring. Next year will be Brown's last go around. I expect him to elevate his game to at least a solid #2 or push to be a starter. We'll have to see what his attitude will be going into Spring ball.

Advertisement
That means Herbert & Zalonte have been passed.

That's not good news.

Does Searels get all the blame or some in Golden? Next year there a no excuses for the coaches. That gives them 4 years of recruiting even if the first year was on short notice. It’s all on them at this point moving forward.
Blame for what? The season hasn’t even started yet.

That we have to rely on 3 freshmen OL to play significant snaps. That’s not how you win championships.

Advertisement
Nice to see the progress. But we need to add more bodies every class. The hit ratio is 50% at best even for a good evaluator and developer like Searels. Most of us knew kids like Loftus and Tre Johnson would never make it at Miami. But McDermott and Darling projected to be top 5-10 in the country at their spots coming out of HS, and they were mediocre at best. We all also had high expectations for Brown, and even Milo at one point. Reed and Scaife are beasts, no question. But I'm a little surprised Hillery and Herbert weren't able to stay ahead of them in the depth chart. ... Just a very unpredictable position group to project....

Last edited:
This is all the proof you need that the ol talent is/was a mess . That’s an unreal amount of Fr in the two deep.

That’s finally a good thing for us now though bc we FINALLY have a cohesive unit that can develop together and all have good upside.

Advertisement
Back