THREE THINGS TO DO IF YOU'RE A TRUE CANES FAN

ggleft

Recruit
1. RELAX. Yes, I'm still sick to my stomach too but let's face it. Unless you're one of these uninformed or biased few either because you sell UM apparel or you haven't lived through the good days, you had a strong feeling this could happen. We were all cautiously optimistic, yet when Cook ran that one in and Rudolph caught that pass or we hated Ramsey but deep down inside thought he seemed more of a Cane than most kids out there, you probably said to yourself "here we go again". If anything, this game helped us all see that we have the talent to be competitive with anyone in the country. We just don't have those intangibles, coaching or leadership to get us to the next level, and let's face it, we already knew it. I bet anyone here who knows anything did not expect us to beat The criminoles anyway as early as a month ago. So, let them have their win. We have too much talent in our home town to not come back with the right coaching and leadership, so we'll be back. This year was toast from week 3, so let's face it. Being stressed out won't help us, so drink a cold one today and focus on your family and friends. Fix a door or something (what I just finished doing and felt good).

2. KEEP THE PRESSURE. I thought about just giving up and almost posted last night "I'm done, seeya Canes Insight". But **** nah. That's what our coaches did last night after halftime, and true Canes fans don't quit. While some don't agree with the banners etc. I say keep 'em coming. Keep talking and calling out for change. In this age things are recorded, quoted, and mentioned. Keep talking and keep adding pressure. The coaches seemed to listen, but it wasn't enough.. Maybe the administration, especially the new president in 2015, will finally listen and do something about it. Want to do something specific? Sign this petition.. https://www.change.org/p/stuart-a-miller-university-of-miami-board-of-trustees-we-need-a-new-direction-for-the-university-of-miami-to-return-the-brand-to-national-prominence-in-collegiate-athletics

3. FOLLOW THE RECRUITING - Look, this year is over, so let's start focusing on the future. Keep the pressure on, but let's try to get some more talent in here, also by being vocal around recruiting. ****, follow the High school kids on twitter and let's try to show these kids that they can change things around here. Let's see if we can get new recruits to backfill our seniors. We have what appears to be a great QB, and we now need to get him guys that can support him. I can predict the first response to this post saying that with this coach we won't get a good class, but keep in mind these are highschool kids and they need to know they have a nation of fans who are here to support them. **** if we get one of these guys that would otherwise go to FSU or Louisville, that's points in our favor. Imagine if Rudolph and Cook would've stayed committed. As soon as I post this I'm gonna focus my attention from bit-ching about Golden to following the class of 2015. These kids are the future. I'm done with this year, but not done being a canes fan and trying to get the best dam recruiting class we can.

Back to fixing my door.

Advertisement
I almost thought of not wearing my Canes gear today and then I said the same exact thing: "real Canes don't give up", so I threw it on and I'm wearing it with pride, anger and a burning desire to just win already.

1. Root for Virginia
2. Root for Pitt
3. Root to get spanked in whatever toilet "bowl" we get invited to.

Bonus

4. Root for there to exist an administration as incompetent as ours so as to try and swoop in this offseason and lure Golden away.

Advertisement
Back