Three Oxbridge players for 2019 looking very good

CarolCityHigh

Freshman
(2019)…James Meeks--RB…5-10/170..exceedingly quick and fast excellent receiver and very elusive
James Meeks - Hudl

(2019)..Daniel Hutchinson…FS/WR….6-1/175,,fast and quick..has length already
Daniel Hutchinson - Hudl

(2019)…Kyle Vanputtenvink..MLB..6-1/220..already big, reacts well, hustles, and drops well in pass coverage
Kyle Vanputtenvink - Hudl

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great stuff. I have not seen these players posted anywhere else. Meeks looks like a great back once he fills out some more.

I went to all the home games, honestly don't remember hutchinson at all. But he was 2nd or 3rd string this year and only played in games that were blowouts and by then i've lost interest in the game. Meeks is alright but he needs weight, and they have a freshman RB that's probably better than him but he didn't get much use bc he's a freshman. I really liked what i saw from Kyle, he's a "motor" guy, a lot of times he was playing DE too.

I was really imprsssed with Kyle's tape. Instincts look good, shows some explosiveness, plays well in traffic, and seems to have a good motor. The key to him is just getting bigger, and keep getting faster. He's listed above at 6'1 220...I doubt he's that big at the moment. He has 2 more years to develop, but he's a good looking prospect.

Advertisement
I went to all the home games, honestly don't remember hutchinson at all. But he was 2nd or 3rd string this year and only played in games that were blowouts and by then i've lost interest in the game. Meeks is alright but he needs weight, and they have a freshman RB that's probably better than him but he didn't get much use bc he's a freshman. I really liked what i saw from Kyle, he's a "motor" guy, a lot of times he was playing DE too.

Was the freshman RB, Josh Pierre-Louis? I think he's #25 ....explosive player! He was a beast in Pop Warner a year, ago...

Was the freshman RB, Josh Pierre-Louis? I think he's #25 ....explosive player! He was a beast in Pop Warner a year, ago...

yup that's who i'm talking about. he hardly got blow bc he was behind burgess, meeks, and they used i think king a head of him too. but the few carries he did get, WOW.

The depth at LB on that team is excellent. MCarthy is physical, weight room guy that lands a hit at MLB.

Dorian Jones - Hudl

Kaleb McCarty - Hudl

Herman C. McCray IV - Hudl

Also the depth of quality DB's grade wise ahead of Hutchinson was unreal-

Traivon Leonard - Hudl

C.J. Smith - Hudl

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2629153/darnell-robinson

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4564211/keidron-smith

yeah i wish UM went after traivon, but maybe the age thing scared them away or grades dunno. He's going to UNC... Cj Smith is a beast, at least for that team. he'll be a senior next season. They atarted putting him at WR late in the season and just letting him out jump people. One play they snuck him on the field late and the other team took a timeout just to avoid the mismatch. (he ended up on like a 5 ft tall kid)

I've always been high on 2017 CB Traivon Leonard, who flipped from UNC to AUB earlier this month. He's extremely fluid and breaks on the ball well. Probably one of the smoothest athletes I've seen in all of 2017. Athletes that appear "smooth" on film and make it look easy are guys I tend to like, much like Ahmmon Richards. I could definitely see a guy like Leonard having a great career and make the Big 3 wonder how he got away. Hoping we make a push late but I won't get my hopes up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back