Thoughts on the program from a former staffer

Advertisement
I love how every talking head bashes our facilities, yet 99% have never even seen them. Biggest problem with the media today - no real accountability for what they say.

The facilities aren't that far apart, maybe ten years ago not now. And our game day atmosphere wouldn't be so bad if we weren't a terrible team the past decade due to bad coaching. Why would we go to games to watch a hopeless cause. If they make the right hire things will change.

No way a UM game day atmosphere can ever compete, on a regular basis, with that at Michigan. I've been to some of the most celebrated UM home games, like FSU in '88 and ND in '89, and while they were spectacular, that is and will always be a relative rarity at UM. And those were at the Orange Bowl.

Michigan puts over a hundred thousands screaming people into the stands, they do that **** fight song all game, and it's simply amazing. Notre Dame is also awesome for home games.

I can only see UM doing that very rarely. Even during our best seasons, we had some very mediocre crowds for the lesser foes. Just the way Miami is.

Ya obviously we can never be like those schools, but we still use to have plenty of game time atmosphere. There were plenty of times we've had the stadium rocking. And yes it Was the OB days, but we haven't been winning since the OB days, sooooo that explains that. I guarantee you if we start winning, we might never be top attendance, but we can get Sunlife pretty live as well. All these fans want is a winning team to go watch. Or at least a school that cares the fans exist.

if the OP's story is true, then the source has to be jeff fisch, former OC at Miami and current QB coach at Michigan.

Advertisement
The facilities aren't that far apart, maybe ten years ago not now. And our game day atmosphere wouldn't be so bad if we weren't a terrible team the past decade due to bad coaching. Why would we go to games to watch a hopeless cause. If they make the right hire things will change.

No way a UM game day atmosphere can ever compete, on a regular basis, with that at Michigan. I've been to some of the most celebrated UM home games, like FSU in '88 and ND in '89, and while they were spectacular, that is and will always be a relative rarity at UM. And those were at the Orange Bowl.

Michigan puts over a hundred thousands screaming people into the stands, they do that **** fight song all game, and it's simply amazing. Notre Dame is also awesome for home games.

I can only see UM doing that very rarely. Even during our best seasons, we had some very mediocre crowds for the lesser foes. Just the way Miami is.

***** the "game day" experience. It is "every day" life as a Cane that was always great. That we can have again. You think those NFLers throw up THE U are talking about game day? Of do they mean, "hey sucker, you can only dream what is it all about."

Still won a title more recently that Michigan so meh

Advertisement
We don't need the same facilities as some of these other schools. What are you going to do in Ann Arbor in January? Our facilities are the hot asss walking around in skimpy clothing in the Grove and Brickell year round. We don't have the stadium atmosphere but part of that falls on administration. They've never tried to reach out to this community.

Nobody front runs better than Miami lol. Big game under the lights with national audience watching... nothing like it. 11am vs FAU? I'm goin to the beach.

DnO is arrogant and can't take criticism. check
Kehoe not gonna make 2* into probowl. check
Coley good for qb's. check
Scott is a fantastic interim coach for us. check
Golden better at PR than Randy. check
RayRay wants to bring thunder, sometimes misses. check
Harbaugh crazy. check
Kayaa & receivers awesome. check
Bring back the pro's & promote the **** out of it. check
DLine dominates. check

Yep. Can't argue with any of that, really.

The fact he indirectly sorta defended Coley makes me instantly question this guy's judgement.

Worst OC we've had here...period.

Jedi, don't get me wrong bro Coley sucks cack but Patrick Nix says hello.

Nix was horrible...but Nix never had the calibre of talent at receiver, running back, and QB that Coley has been privy to. When you take the talent they have to work with into account...Coley smiles and says hello right back. He's just as bad if not worse.

The fact he indirectly sorta defended Coley makes me instantly question this guy's judgement.

Worst OC we've had here...period.
Not even a shot he's worse than nix. Seriously come on

Not even a shot he's NOT worse than Nix. See my post above relative to the talent they had to work with. You're outside your **** mind or don't watch the games if you don't recognize just how badly we are underachieving under Coley, especially against decent or better opponents.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back