Thoughts on the flight home...

Could not believe the holds not called. Worst I've seen this year, any game.

The lack of fade routes to our big guys is puzzling. Maybe Rozier is not making them in practice - at all (no touch). Hard to believe we don't win a jump ball though.

Advertisement
5. Diaz won that game for us From pretty much the start, this was the quietest I have seen the Miami sideline in at least a year. For whatever reason, our guys came out flat footed and assumed UNC was going to roll over - zero motivation.

Sat behind the bench and saw this as well. Outside of the turnover chain moments everyone just sat on their bench doing nothing. Really seemed like they were looking forward to VT and expected an easy W.

With respect to refs not calling holds, I wish our players would complain just a tad. Of all the major sports, I think football has the most easily persuaded refs. I have seen receivers many times beg for a PI flag and then get it. I’m not saying turn into a whiney bunch but at least make it known that they are holding you.

Richt should also make a complaint to ACC. At this point it has become outright ridiculous. We can make a montage of probably 150 uncalled holds by opposing teams .

We send tape to the ACC after every game. After over 10 years in the league, it hasn't made a difference. The only time the ACC complained about a call was "The Return" in the Duke game two years ago and they fired the officials.

Advertisement
Back