Thoughts on the FAU game

P

PalmBeachCane

A win is a win so that's always nice but when it comes down to it Golden and his staff got out coached again.

Let me put it this way, if FAUs coaches had Miami's roster this game wouldn't have been close. Golden would've got the **** beat outta him. Heck if you Gave FAU Kaaya and Yearby canes probably lose. It's just down right sad, these players are winning in spite of the coaching not because of it. Even if Golden wins 9 games this season he needs to go. Golden doesn't put these players in position to succeed, and until he proves me wrong I don't think Golden can beat FSU or win a national championship. The 2 most important things to do as a HC at Miami.

Advertisement
A win is a win so that's always nice but when it comes down to it Golden and his staff got out coached again.

Let me put it this way, if FAUs coaches had Miami's roster this game wouldn't have been close. Golden would've got the **** beat outta him. Heck if you Gave FAU Kaaya and Yearby canes probably lose. It's just down right sad, these players are winning in spite of the coaching not because of it. Even if Golden wins 9 games this season he needs to go. Golden doesn't put these players in position to succeed, and until he proves me wrong I don't think Golden can beat FSU or win a national championship. The 2 most important things to do as a HC at Miami.

If FAU doesn't lose their starting QB and RB last night they probably win the game.We won last night yet today I feel like I usually feel after a loss.

A win isn't a win. Get in a dog fight with a horrific team like FAU where you need a 5-0 turnover margin, injuries to their 2 best players, and multiple penalties to win, and that's not a win no matter what the final score is.

If FAU doesn't lose their starting QB and RB last night they probably win the game.We won last night yet today I feel like I usually feel after a loss.

Their starting running back was greg Howell and he played the whole game

Advertisement

Their starting running back was greg Howell and he played the whole game
Howell didn't play whole game, Carter knocked him out in the 2nd. And the fact that Howell had over 100 yards before he got injured just shows you where our D is at...

Advertisement

This will not happen.

wow. during the post game interview Golden referenced fau putting 600 yds and scoring 44 points on tulsa as an excuse for us sucking during a good portion of this game against their second string qb and rb. f*cking TUlsa!. apparently if tulsa gave up that many yards its okay that we did against their second string qb. wow that is a loser mentality if i've ever heard one

Advertisement

wow. during the post game interview Golden referenced fau putting 600 yds and scoring 44 points on tulsa as an excuse for us sucking during a good portion of this game against their second string qb and rb. f*cking TUlsa!. apparently if tulsa gave up that many yards its okay that we did against their second string qb. wow that is a loser mentality if i've ever heard one

So Golden is happy to be at the level of Tulsa on defense

pretty much.

Our D was very bad in the first half. Our O put up 44 pts and over 500 total yards of offense. If the O had put up just 50 to 70 more yards we likely end up with over 60 points.

At the end of the day Al has to win 10 games and get to the ACCCG to survive in my book.

Let's not get out panties in a wad over one game. Relax.

Advertisement

pretty much.

Mostly because everything out of his mouth is about surviving another day.

A win isn't a win. Get in a dog fight with a horrific team like FAU where you need a 5-0 turnover margin, injuries to their 2 best players, and multiple penalties to win, and that's not a win no matter what the final score is.

I agree with the general sentiment of this post, however their starting QB getting hurt was probably the best thing to happen to FAU. Driskell gave them a nice spark and the team seemed to rally around him. Miami clearly hadn't prepared to face that style of QB and it showed. Granted, our defense has always had a habit of making backup QB's look great, but I was very impressed with him.

I agree with the general sentiment of this post, however their starting QB getting hurt was probably the best thing to happen to FAU. Driskell gave them a nice spark and the team seemed to rally around him. Miami clearly hadn't prepared to face that style of QB and it showed. Granted, our defense has always had a habit of making backup QB's look great, but I was very impressed with him.

The guy had never played before he stepped in against us. And we made him look like Joe Montana despite the fact that he was surrounded by a bunch of 2 star guys that UM never even thought about recruiting.

Losing your senior leader QB and replacing him with a freshman who has never played is never a good thing.

Advertisement
Back